Author Topic: Need some Advice being a First time Second Gen Character  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Need some Advice being a First time Second Gen Character
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 11:30:30 am »
If you want to get better at the game, pick a short 1h weapon and use no shield. Your skill will improve really fast or you will uninstall the game.

Also, naked and battle mode only.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 12:22:20 pm »
@wonka11
Firstly i like to tell you, that it is totally normal and fine to not know what class/build you love and want to play at the second generation. Furthermore i want to recommned to you, to mainly discover your very own playstyle yourself ... some players even completely refuse to chose one main class ( Tony007) and play different builds pretty much each of for many, many gens. And they are doing very well and are "pro", like all the other dedicated build players.  Ofcourse some advices about particular builds you should ask others for.

But now to a somewhat main thing, i like to tell you : it seems you are getting pretty ill adviced here and forcibly pushed to play the game in a awkward way ... that goes to your friends, which i dont know where they got the idea from to advice you to stick to one build. Its a complete wrong advice, you should simply forget it imho. Also it goes for majority of posts above thisone. Those are heavily biased, desperate voices and it would do you no good to listen to them. If you like archery you should play it with fun and be asured there is alot of challenge and friends to make with this class .. as goes for pretty much any class also.

To melt it down: Try to find the way you have most fun to play the game. This might also be a totally different way than all others play it and even more fun because of that, enriching the community and gameplay for anyone.

@Posters-above:
I feel the greates shame about the community for the "advice" you given to our new fellow fighter.. it deeply pains me to see how ill-guiding those answers are , full of bias and hate. I would even think , you are the people with the least fun playing the game and you should plain get out here and find a game , where you have fun. I feel, that in this thread , the community has shown his worst possible face , to guide a new player. And its god damn fucked up.
Shove your  2h-ez-mode-qq, anti-ranged, OP-calling BS up your sad, lonley asses and best yourselfs too, for pretending to be able to give advice. I call you the scum of this community, worst shit-posters in a scale that would make up for a forum mute for me.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:33:47 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 01:38:06 pm »
Become a Ninja, learn to survive with just a katana and a bamboo spear. :) It's hard and you will die a lot, but that's the way to learn. You also learn to think and choose your battles, since you cannot afford mistakes.

Polemaster Teeth was a Ninja for a long time before he chickened out, as well as many other good players.

And it's fun :)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 01:47:10 pm »
+1
Become a Ninja, learn to survive with just a katana and a bamboo spear. :) It's hard

:lol: :lol:

Do whatever you think is fun. You find hoplite fun, play it. You find all agility with rondel dagger fun, play it. You find dedicated thrower fun, play it. etc. Sticking with one class is quite boring, and playing it just because it's the most effective is not the best reason to play it. Then you might be disappointed when you do badly instead having fun all the time and having even more fun when you can beat the more serious players with their min-maxed builds. Try a gen of 1H without a shield for example. Possibly the most fun in the game (imo) :)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 01:51:02 pm »
Try a gen of 1H without a shield for example. Possibly the most fun in the game (imo) :)

Which is basically a Ninja, but without the weaboo stigma attached. :D

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.