Author Topic: Wipe the current Strat??  (Read 2917 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Wipe the current Strat??
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 07:34:50 pm »
+1
That is one thing i don't understand
trying to fight for the smaller factions
What does this even mean...?

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 07:41:40 pm »
That is one thing i don't understandWhat does this even mean...?

It means, fighting block alliances. Which of course, because of our small memberbase would not change or hurt block alliances too much. The idea was to just stick our noses and getting involved in any business leading to the weakening of the block alliance system.

At the start of Strat 4, small factions not aligned to any block alliance were pretty much not capable of doing anything.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 08:18:03 pm »
I don't see how getting wiped by some uber bloc helps small clans or makes their strat experience any more enjoyable.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 08:21:29 pm »
I don't see how getting wiped by some uber bloc helps small clans or makes their strat experience any more enjoyable.

Never got wiped ;)

I do not think you have followed strat since you quit, to know much about our activities anyways.

But who cares. Now back to the original discussion about wiping strat  :o

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 09:18:06 pm »
Don't wipe strat.. There's a better solution :)

Increase troop upkeep above 1000 troops and beyond.

The fact that the coalition can afford to have 31853 tickets for Narra's army shows that the system is faulted.

The maximum troops for a battle is about 1500-2000, therefore above 4000 troops in one fief is unnecessary (tickets above this are just there to stop people being able to attack). The cost for 10k troops should be so expensive that you can't afford it.

This will stop the end-less stock piling and everyone will be forced to use their tickets or loose them.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 09:23:20 pm »
+1
Why would the small factions who try to exist outside the 2 blocks attack each other? Their unity and relative high activity is what makes them strong. They aren't here to scrap with each other in a pit whilst the bigger factions place bets on their favourites and get exp xD

The solution to the sprawling stagnation is not having the small active factions wipe each other and conquer more land than they can defend without allying to one of the blocks. Maybe the EU map will develop over some more time and become more hectic and fun, we can always hope.
If you're all united you might as well merge into a fucking coalition. Mass unity is massively gay.
PTX I truly believe in your vision. <3
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:26:23 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 09:26:42 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Your numbers seem a little bit out Casi.

I get the following (including NA clans)

(click to show/hide)

Re-ordered in terms of turtle factor (Troops divided by members) this gives:
(click to show/hide)

Please note that this list and my conclusions completely ignore activity levels so should be completely ignored :D  I was just bored and it might cause some drama

Wild accusations for people to use based on my findings
1) NA fights more than EU!
2) FCC have not fought more than the average NA clan relative to their size!
3) Hospitaller have fought the most!
4) CHAOS are massive turtles!
5) Mercs are all talk and never actually do any real fighting of their own!
6) Crusader Alliance are clearly just an inactive clan!
7) The Silk Road Federation and Ghuraba need to attack each other or be branded massive cowards!

Ni these numbers were ONLY garrisoned troops in towns and castles. There were accurate at the time thwy were taken. This was checked twice with identical results.
Turtles

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 11:16:29 pm »
+2
A wipe wont solve anything. The alliances were made long before this strat, and they will stay within the next strats, the leaders&officers of the big clans worked together before strat 4.

Theres 2 ways to solve this:

A) New game comes out, ppl lose contact and form new clans, alliances, etc...
B) Current leaders sit together in a plane which crashes somewhere in the mountains - only 1 will survive!

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2013, 02:51:09 pm »
Actually, the true calculation for Ghuraba is 3k troops per player ._.
(Including all our troops in field + garrison)

But this is mostly because people that were too busy trying to wipe us not so long ago have been stacking about 25k troops around us.

And secondly, Strat aint nothin but tickets and hoes!

Wait what? Are you boasting about getting our tickets when you did literally nothing of note during that war (except be a turn coat and betraying us after we gifted you a village).  Shit man, dats funny shit.  No-one planned to do anything with you and your faction, the gang-bang was never against you. Shu Han started the gang-bang by betraying an NAP.

Block warfare is winnable, but only when one block fails, even then its still a near impossible grind to take away fiefs from large factions.
Turtles

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2013, 03:13:56 pm »
Wait what? Are you boasting about getting our tickets when you did literally nothing of note during that war (except be a turn coat and betraying us after we gifted you a village).  Shit man, dats funny shit.  No-one planned to do anything with you and your faction, the gang-bang was never against you. Shu Han started the gang-bang by betraying an NAP.

Block warfare is winnable, but only when one block fails, even then its still a near impossible grind to take away fiefs from large factions.

Only tickets we got from Eastern was 1k from Coalition. Rest are our own- From trading, conquering and whatnot. We had about 3-4k troops during the war versus you. And we did take out Risen, whom declared war on Shu Han + Us. Taking a castle and village. Do you think we could take Yalen with 3-4k troops alone when entire Eastern sent troops here? I have 5 guys including my self at hand.

We fought someone in our size, and did very well. We also took a couple of villages from you until Eastern showed up. I also offered starting the war but was rejected, instead given a supporting role.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:24:47 pm by BASNAK »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 03:41:52 pm »
Only tickets we got from Eastern was 1k from Coalition. Rest are our own- From trading, conquering and whatnot. We had about 3-4k troops during the war versus you. And we did take out Risen, whom declared war on Shu Han + Us. Taking a castle and village. Do you think we could take Yalen with 3-4k troops alone when entire Eastern sent troops here? I have 5 guys including my self at hand.

We fought someone in our size, and did very well. We also took a couple of villages from you until Eastern showed up. I also offered starting the war but was rejected, instead given a supporting role.

Oh commeon risen was liek 2 guys playing strat who had no past experience of it, Don't even pretend that was a fair fight.

Also capping undefended villages is nothing to boast about.
Turtles

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2013, 03:47:39 pm »
Oh commeon risen was liek 2 guys playing strat who had no past experience of it, Don't even pretend that was a fair fight.

Also capping undefended villages is nothing to boast about.

What are you on about? Risen had more troops than us, a castle, and two villages. And they also had more members than us. They were once owners of Halmar and Peshmi. Coalition gave them approx 2 million gold + Ergellon for Halmar.. Controlling around 7k troops. Get your facts straight.

Their castle had about ~4k around it and inside it.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2013, 03:53:29 pm »
members =/= active members.

Fair enough though you did put them down and that was a good effort, however you can't really take any credit for the result of the war, your turncoat actions were more of an insult that a threat of any kind. Yalen is something which has simply been given to you by the super power block members which you claim to dispise, much like your first fief was. ;)
Turtles

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2013, 03:57:32 pm »
members =/= active members.

Fair enough though you did put them down and that was a good effort, however you can't really take any credit for the result of the war, your turncoat actions were more of an insult that a threat of any kind. Yalen is something which has simply been given to you by the super power block members which you claim to dispise, much like your first fief was. ;)

Did I ever claim credit for the result of the war? I did my part and praised GO and DRZ for taking over Yalen, and scaring away Eastern. And there's a difference between given and bought.

I'm sorry for not becoming a slave to the Eastern for the one village I asked to get, before other factions which were about to take it, took it (like Pantheon which already were in the village). I spent weeks negotiating for more fiefs (since im not allowed to take any by my self), denied by every eastern faction. We simply decided we will fight our way to get more fiefs.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 04:00:17 pm »
And its probably for the best ath peopel didnt give you any more fiefs.  I ahve no idea what was said to you,but im know its not our policy to make people 'slaves'.
Turtles