Author Topic: What is the point?  (Read 3325 times)

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: What is the point?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 03:50:19 pm »
Spent about 70k on all new armor and items after patch, mostly wearing about 20k in total equipment and got back to 80k on account in about several evenings of playing. Could play 20-30 rounds in plate for the same price, but what's a point if I'm loving my strange armor for it's new look and good enought stats.

When I had a 2h build and needed to raise some money quick, I would wear a peasant clothing with plated mittens and german greatsword, just for style.

If you are completetly new player, I would suggest you to make a simple 18/18 polearm build, take a low end armor and pike. This way you would be helpfull to your team and will raise money really quick, to spent them on your next gens and builds.

Offline yakri

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 11:17:47 pm »

The gold and xp gain on DTV is 1/3 of the gold and xp on Siege and Battle mode. That explains that, probably. Still, 5 hours to level 20ish isn't that bad, right? If you get lucky on a battle mode and get to run an x5 streak a few times, you can probably do it in four hours or less.

Wasn't it initially full gold/exp gain, and then changed to 1/3rd after it became clear that that was far too much?

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 04:12:06 am »
I laughed at the part where he said gold was easy to get before.

Also, on my char I use about 50k gold worth of stuff, and I'm still gaining, today only I went from 20k to 30k without ever having to take out my 50k gold gear.

Simply put, you're doing it wrong.