Author Topic: Nerf HX  (Read 7622 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Nerf HX
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2013, 09:52:58 pm »
My problem is not that the horse ranged eventually loses, my problem is that it takes two minutes because he is untouchable. The only points I have made about balance is that HX is way stronger than HA, apart from that I am arguing that horse ranged just is annoying to everyone else because they delay. 2 minutes is nothing? An entire round of battle on average only takes like 3 and a half minutes. It is 2 minutes I and 100 people with me usually spend watching fuck all happen with zero effect on the outcome of the round.

I bet that half the cries for HX are caused by people having to watch them waste loads of time because there is always a few last alive, especially since they play with a dozen at the same time. It is simply boring for everyone.

Whenever that happens I whine that all the rambo's, heroes and mindless zergs were too impatient or ignorant to help keep their own ranged classes alive.  Or I whine about them trying to chase down the horse archer/xbow.

Also I whine when I have a x5 and only get 3 ticks because the round ends before the 4 minute mark.   I like when the rounds draw out until at least half way through the round.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2013, 10:25:55 pm »
+1
I mean, it would be -nice- to dismount if you cannot possibly kill all the people remaining. If you can, ofc, then it's an entirely different matter, but a little application of common sense goes a long way here.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2013, 11:10:30 pm »
Whenever that happens I whine that all the rambo's, heroes and mindless zergs were too impatient or ignorant to help keep their own ranged classes alive.  Or I whine about them trying to chase down the horse archer/xbow.

What if my team has no ranged? Balancing around the auto balancer, that doesn't take into account classes isn't the best idea.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2013, 12:52:35 am »
+3
Remove the 3:30 timer before forced MotF. The team shouldn't be punished for playing well, and the flags should go up regardless of whether or not half of the time was used up already.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2013, 01:19:00 am »
I bet that half the cries for HX are caused by people having to watch them waste loads of time because there is always a few last alive, especially since they play with a dozen at the same time. It is simply boring for everyone.

I assume it's more like 99%  :wink: HX is hardly OP, but it's so bloody annoying to watch them fucking around on the battlefield at the end of each round. Let them have only 1 pack of bolts, so that they will run out of ammo before end of round and have to go in melee  :wink:

I whine that
Or I whine about

Also I whine when I

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:24:15 am by Falka »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2013, 07:54:50 am »
I assume it's more like 99%  :wink: HX is hardly OP, but it's so bloody annoying to watch them fucking around on the battlefield at the end of each round. Let them have only 1 pack of bolts, so that they will run out of ammo before end of round and have to go in melee  :wink:

I think that's what they tried to do when they made light xbow 2 slots, but the HX doesn't seem to do it. The ones who prefers a good melee weapon uses the hunting crossbow, but most HXs uses a 0 slot sword and engage less in melee than before. I used a nomad sabre pre-patch, loomed it up to +3 a few days before they made light xbow 2 slots. Completely ruined my US Cavalry look (horse, blue gambeson, rifle/light xbow and SABRE). Now I have to use a short falchion instead of my nomad sabre, which was never op. That made me sad :(
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2013, 08:40:45 am »
+1
I think that's what they tried to do when they made light xbow 2 slots, but the HX doesn't seem to do it. The ones who prefers a good melee weapon uses the hunting crossbow, but most HXs uses a 0 slot sword and engage less in melee than before. I used a nomad sabre pre-patch, loomed it up to +3 a few days before they made light xbow 2 slots. Completely ruined my US Cavalry look (horse, blue gambeson, rifle/light xbow and SABRE). Now I have to use a short falchion instead of my nomad sabre, which was never op. That made me sad :(
YOU ARE US_Cavalry_Walker?!  :shock:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2013, 09:30:00 am »
+4
YOU ARE US_Cavalry_Walker?!  :shock:
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2013, 10:20:28 am »
I didn't know :cry:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2013, 01:24:37 pm »
I assume it's more like 99%  :wink: HX is hardly OP
Well, if a reckless and impatient fuck like me, who has probably not even played 50 hours of ranged due to it boring him and being honestly very bad at it, manages to get a k/d of 1.8 in the two hours that he tried it with only the crossbow loomed, it is quite a strong class as well. And that is with me repeatedly charging pikemen in the first minute of the round and similar bad decision making. With some more practice, patience, looms and high level I think even I can be really deadly with it. The accuracy is just ridiculously good.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2013, 01:49:19 pm »
i find that HA is a very balanced class at the moment, i am able to post good scores, but what gets me is sometimes i can be 3 hitting tincans but other times it takes me 15 arrows or more to kill him. But in my opinion of playing the two classes. HX is so more over powered than  HA, i have to concentrate 10x harder to do well with HA while with HX with the crosshair being so small it is  a very easy class.

I think the HX either needs a higher strength requirement, PD or damage nerf as currently HX's almost 1 shot me in my +3 armour and gloves, whereas it takes 3-5 arrows to kill an HX
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2013, 01:52:23 pm »

13 bolts makes it a waste, if you wanted to play with that little ammo you can just roll a mounted thrower. At least a mounted thrower is more proficient at melee, due to str requirements resulting in a more balanced build.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Angellore

• Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2013, 03:07:34 pm »
+3
Well, if a reckless and impatient fuck like me (...) manages to get a k/d of 1.8 in the two hours that he tried it with only the crossbow loomed, it is quite a strong class as well.
HA/HX and infantry are completely different classes, you can't compare them by KDR. As HA/HX, if you don't make any mistake and enemy archers/crossbowmans won't hit you by surprise, you just won't die. You will die mainly when your team loses the battle, but if enemy win by flags, you will still survive. So yes, you can do briliant KDR as HA/HX, because you can stay away from threats (even if you don't kill much, if you die rarely, you can make great KDR).

The real question is how much your class affects battle final result. Claiming, as HX you can easily make your team win the battle is just a lie. Meantime I see how effective pikemans/hoplites/2h/shielders and others can be.

Two hours ago Alexjei at EU_1 did 32:3 score, and he literally made his team win rounds, slashing plenty of enemies in a matter of seconds. You can't do that as HX, because your damage, shooting speed, limited ammo, limited round time and flags won't let you do that. But yes, you can do similar KDR if you are lucky in 10 maps time - but is that mean those two KDR can be treated same way?

HX isn't even close as effective for final battle result as other classes. You should try to play it for some time more (at least 1 gen), maybe then you will open your eyes. Especially you are doing briliant as infantry, killing people in 2 hits almost without any effort at all. As HX you have one shot every 7-10 seconds. You need 3-4 accurate shoots to kill ~50 def targets (most targets). Just do the counting by yourself, how much time it will take you to kill someone. And I assurre you, even with huge experience in this class, you just won't be able to hit targets with 100% accuracy. Many (about half) of your shots will completely miss the target.

I understand people don't like to play against HX class because of it's inaccessibility, but saying it's OP is just stupidity.

(...) HX is so more over powered than  HA, i have to concentrate 10x harder to do well with HA while with HX with the crosshair being so small it is  a very easy class.

I think the HX either needs a higher strength requirement, PD or damage nerf as currently HX's almost 1 shot me in my +3 armour and gloves, whereas it takes 3-5 arrows to kill an HX
HX don't have such big damage advantage over HA. I need 3 arrows to kill light armored target with my HA, same time I need 2 bolts to kill light armored target as HX. HX damage is bigger, but that's how it should be. HA got much higher shooting speed and much more ammo, while HX has damage.

I can't agree about accuracy part. I think accuracy is similar for both. 24 agility HA (172 WPF in archery) has really nice accuracy. Of course HX can hold his aim, which is huge advantage over HA. Because of that HA is indeed harder class to play (but not weaker!), you need right rhythm to play HA well.

But it's same with regular Crossbowman. Crossbowman with 170+ WPF is easy class to play. You just take your time, wait for best moment to shoot, then shoot and often kill. For me crossbowman is even easier class to play than HX, and same time much more powerfull. There is nothing worse than crossbowman hidding somewere and just shot from time to time with briliant accuracy and damage. But I'm not saying crossbowman is OP, it's just easy class to play. There are easier and harder classes to play. Balancing game by class easiness would be just silly.

So yes, HX is easy class to play and surely easy class to not die at all during the round. But by staying alive, in almost all cases you won't be able to affect battle result anyway. So there is nothing OP about this class.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2013, 03:13:05 pm »
+1
i find that HA is a very balanced class at the moment, i am able to post good scores, but what gets me is sometimes i can be 3 hitting tincans but other times it takes me 15 arrows or more to kill him. But in my opinion of playing the two classes. HX is so more over powered than  HA, i have to concentrate 10x harder to do well with HA while with HX with the crosshair being so small it is  a very easy class.

I find that HT is very balanced class at the moment, i am able to post good scores, but what gets me is sometimes i can be 1 hitting tincans but other times it takes me 3 throwing lances or more to kill him. But in my opinion of playing the two classes. HA is so more over powered than  HT, i have to concentrate 10x harder to do well with HT while with HA with the crosshair being so small it is  a very easy class.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2013, 01:27:52 am »
I truly do, but with the MotF spawning when there's only horse ranged left on a team made me care a lot less about them, since they couldn't really annoy me that much anymore.

There just need to be one other peasant/range fleeing on the ground, and the MotF will never spawn.
And i've yet to see that flag spawn in an infantry favorable place, it's always in open place, the joy of HX.

As a dedicated thrower, i often come around HX, HA.

HA and HX usually die in 1 or 2 Jarids, if i aim right, and they're running towards me. But that's the stupid ones. The smart ones stay out of range (thrower = short range) and just continue shooting. 2-3 HX, just sacrifice a bit of health from one horse, and start the shoot-bump infini cycle.

Since all the little nerf of archers (foot archers with the super quiver weight recently), it's only normal than Ranged on Horses are now everywhere.
But HX deals just too much damage, considering it's own risk/cost
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;