Author Topic: Banner "balancer", valour, multiplier & looms  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Banner "balancer", valour, multiplier & looms
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 12:12:11 am »
How is this not contributing? Kills don't mean shit, get it through your head. Score might not be perfect, but it is a whole lot better than kills.

well if only 3 playes on the losing team gain valour and it was the exact same ppl hiding/camping I don't think its contributing

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 12:15:00 am »
You need to introduce a nice xp system though if you intend to remove multi system, + I want more xp due to gen bonus. That's why I retired and many other people did!

no need for xp system just give fixed xp income to everyone despite win or lose.

for the gen part I totally see the problem and I have no idea whatsoever how to make up or fix it. this is what I see as the biggest problem in case multi was to be removed.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 12:16:11 am »
+2
I don't like the current xp/gold system (as it encourages unbalanced teams), and I don't like the banner balance because we're playing in public servers, clans shouldn't be able to pubstomp a server with the help from the balance system. 

That being said, you can't have a fixed xp/gold (IMO) because what would be the incentive for people to put forth an effort into winning?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 12:17:33 am »
OP is a mad scrub.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 12:19:22 am »
I don't like the current xp/gold system (as it encourages unbalanced teams), and I don't like the banner balance because we're playing in public servers, clans shouldn't be able to pubstomp a server with the help from the balance system. 

That being said, you can't have a fixed xp/gold (IMO) because what would be the incentive for people to put forth an effort into winning?

word on your first part!!!

as for the second: I play crpg for the sheer fight. nothing else. not for the xp, not even for winning but for the fight-teamwork. (I do like winning!)

it seems to me ppl are more interested in getting xp (why?!) than to have fun.

it is NOT fun to roflstomp. no it isn't. it gets old very very fast and then its just about looking at the xp bar and waiting for the 100mill xp to be grinded = not the crpg I started to play a year or so ago. (or is it two years omg :s)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 12:20:01 am »
On banner balance, doesn't EU 4 have it disabled? It used to, not sure though, since I have not played there in ages. And anyway, I usually enjoy trying to fight big angry clan mobs and struggling.

Valour: The two sources of points (thus valour) are dealing damage and proximity bonus. Thus staying alive while still fighting is the most important thing imo.
If you do what you mention, and hide and only come out in the end, you do not get the proximity, and the enemies you will find will be low hp, so you will get very little points and it is very very hard to get valour.
The reason you may find that some people get it and are last alive is probably because they have been fighting and surviving, and getting points most of the round.

Multi: I do not like it either, but I would not like the old one with proximity and kill based, and until the fabled one comes along, it is what we have. Please do not make it constant, that would encourage leeching and trolling even more.

Looms: I do not care.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 12:24:00 am »
Valour: The two sources of points (thus valour) are dealing damage and proximity bonus. Thus staying alive while still fighting is the most important thing imo.
If you do what you mention, and hide and only come out in the end, you do not get the proximity, and the enemies you will find will be low hp, so you will get very little points and it is very very hard to get valour.
The reason you may find that some people get it and are last alive is probably because they have been fighting and surviving, and getting points most of the round.

moncho :) I do play every dayand im perfectly aware that some ppl are good players and they get the valour cus they fought for it! but I also see different happening a lot! and they very often succeed! that's what pains me. I don't mind that good play is rewarded but I mind that wanking is also rewarded if you know how to cope! and most ppl do know!

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 12:24:22 am »
+1

~Heirloom removal
I can see what you mean, it can be a real pain to fight full loomed players and it can be unfair.
However most of us do have atleast a few looms, but still looms are the only way to upgrade and "customize" weaponry and equipment which makes you feel a little more powerful and lets us all play with our favorite gear.
(It also makes sense, such as older wealthier and more experienced knights have tempered and upgraded equipment)
I would love to see heirlooms removed as I barely play with them, I personally find them game breaking, but I see the necesity(or how you spell it) of them, if you'd like to call it that, it offers a goal, rather then only grinding for xp and gold, what else to spend the gold gained in-game?

Unless there could be some replacement as, per example, actual visual upgrades to évery set of armor, weapon or shield etc. I love the idea of personifying your items and upgrading them but what I personally don't like is the massive bonus it gives you(it is massive) over non-heirloomed players, maybe up to a certain degree.

But I find it a bit overdone horses become bloody tanks when theyre +3'd, the difference between a non heirloomed shield and a heirloomed one is fucking mindblowing, I always play with a non loomed shield and whenever it breaks and I pick up a loomed one I notice the difference immediatly, it's like comparing a Old round shield with a heavy kite shield, durability wise.
The same with horses, i havent ridden anything but steppe/desert/(rarely)cathapract but the difference between loomed and not loomed is also great, i have a +2 steppe myself and did some comparing(6riding) and its very clear..

Also 1h gets the tag "left swing unglanceable, even when you are nearly behind them" but 1h unloomed is a joke sometimes(not the ez shit scimitar,ncs,pick etcetcetc but the regular ones), dmg wise it gets a major buff, but then again it wouldn't be needed if the bloody armor didn't turn into shit knows what when its masterworked.

But yeah, it gives a goal, which a game needs imo to uphold a steady playerbase and not let people get bored.

Tl;dr: all my frustrations, rage and tears.

Edit: massive Wall of text now with neat gaps
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:27:56 am by Joseph_Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 12:26:58 am »
+1
In addition I'd like to mention that for some time, there was a second siege server with banner balance off (it was EU_5 IIRC), and it was always empty. It seems most people are okay with clan stacking (I'm not in a clan, and I was also of the opinion that there should be a server with BB off, before I saw that only very few really care).

The answer to this is simple.. Rather bb then the population more split up.  :|
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 12:33:30 am »
The answer to this is simple.. Rather bb then the population more split up.  :|

+1!!! BUT however I think many new players and casual players cba playing due to the stomping sponsored by BB® = population decrease (this may sound like im blaming clans/players but I don't they simply use the features the game offers)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 12:35:04 am »
I think you are not giving SB and Druzhina the credit they deserve. It is especially those clans that show in smaller numbers that really need banner balance to be able to do any mentionable teamplay at all.
I didn't think of it myself but I think that it would indeed destroy the clan scene, afterall why gather together in great numbers if you will not actually be playing together, which is essentially what its all about.
Literally destroy, it would be rendered useless, only scrimmages on privately owned servers would be a thing. Wich is usually only(idk just guessing) around 10v10, not the epic battles we play c-rpg for.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 12:40:07 am »
well...

I know theres both pros and cons and tbh I don't know how to fix it. I just think this should at least be looked at on occasion cus when majority of maps is won 4-1 or 4-0, something is wrong in the land of crpg as I see it

all I want is just the epic massive fights like back in the day and I just think that mainly BB is to blame for the population decrease ;/

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 12:44:24 am »
+1
+1!!! BUT however I think many new players and casual players cba playing due to the stomping sponsored by BB® = population decrease (this may sound like im blaming clans/players but I don't they simply use the features the game offers)

I guess you play EU1 often, in siege its not too bad, only sometimes do greys roll around with their horrifying army of left swingers(thats not killing thats murder btw). I only rarely come to EU1, usually very late at night in the weekends  when the biggest stack ive seen was like 8 Mercs or so.

I used to play EU1 then I got an arrow and banner balance to the knee.  :P

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 12:45:45 am »
I used to play EU1 then I got an arrow and banner balance to the knee.  :P

I rest my population-case :p

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 12:47:38 am »
+2
FFS Vidar, now again?
are your tears not dried yet?

I was testing this theory about banner balance of Vidar, I, Phase, tried with a few days without Merc banner, which are the most banner stacking clan. And my conclusion is, if you are good enough banner balance doesn't matter. I played without mercs and still i achived multiplier like normal.
When you say "i want challenge" because you didn't like banner balance in nord anyway, im just saying. You vs banner stacking mercs = alot of challenge. So your wish ave been fulfill, the fact that you want to remove banner balance is because you dont have anyone you want to play with, and since nord is inactive you even more want the banner balance to get removed

And about the looms if you say everyone got them, why remove? why not let them stay.

Fuck you Vidar!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!