Author Topic: Banner "balancer", valour, multiplier & looms  (Read 3544 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Banner "balancer", valour, multiplier & looms
« on: April 08, 2013, 11:19:16 pm »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Banner "balancer", valour, multiplier & looms
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:43:38 pm »
+21
I think the multiplier promotes a certain mentality which is not desirable.

I doubt people will be able to value my argument without considering that banner balance might benefit me, but I think banner balance is vital for the clan scene. What is the point of being in a clan if you do not get to play together? Banner balance allows you to practice some good teamplay with your clanmates, which is most of my enjoyment in the game. Now this goes for large clans, but especially for smaller clans. Take DenBitre for example, haven't seen them around much lately, but they were there for a long time, with 3-5 guys, sticking together, making an impact. If you would split those over two teams, there is nothing left for them.

Valour however is a great feature, again, I personally benefit from it. Regardless I think rewarding people who did exceptionally well is excellent. It is extremely frustrating to see your team spread out and die and get no xp for an entire map because of it. With valour, if you do in fact try hard and do well yourself, you get rewarded. What is not to like? I do think though that expanding the valour system to the winning team is rather ridiculous and unnecessary.

So yes, please explain how valour is gamebreaking.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:47:27 pm »
I agree on the banner balance (i have never played without but I think it would be awesome) and valour (meh, saves me many times but meh..) but gold/exp based on how your team performs as a whole is not at all detrimental imo, it encourages teamwork and winning as a group.

Edit: what I don't like about multi is the force to keep playing, when 1 min is worth 5 min its hard to just break and go do something else, cause your wasting ALOT of time, if you got 10min x5 its almost an hour, the gap between is so big, good for addiction though. :P

Edit2: Also about the banner balance, i am not in a big clan so I cant benefit from it, its just annoying to me but thats a bit biased
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:52:36 pm by Joseph_Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 11:55:15 pm »
+1
I think the multiplier promotes a certain mentality which is not desirable.

I doubt people will be able to value my argument without considering that banner balance might benefit me, but I think banner balance is vital for the clan scene. What is the point of being in a clan if you do not get to play together? Banner balance allows you to practice some good teamplay with your clanmates, which is most of my enjoyment in the game. Now this goes for large clans, but especially for smaller clans. Take DenBitre for example, haven't seen them around much lately, but they were there for a long time, with 3-5 guys, sticking together, making an impact. If you would split those over two teams, there is nothing left for them.

Valour however is a great feature, again, I personally benefit from it. Regardless I think rewarding people who did exceptionally well is excellent. It is extremely frustrating to see your team spread out and die and get no xp for an entire map because of it. With valour, if you do in fact try hard and do well yourself, you get rewarded. What is not to like? I do think though that expanding the valour system to the winning team is rather ridiculous and unnecessary.

So yes, please explain how valour is gamebreaking.

you have banner balance in strat as well.

as for the valour... well I think (or maybe rather know) that some/many players intentionally stay back and hide cus they know (its not like they are noobs they very well know this game and how to cope) it will be a round where they will lose. so they run and hide, hope to get enough points from straggler-kills to gain valour. 2-3 players can easily gain valour by doing this. the problem is just that I cant help thinking WHAT IF those players tried to help the rest of the team, getting a ton of kills before they die, resulting in a win? this is just a scenario I see on a daily basis almost once every single map.

edit: some players have actually made it more or less their style and tbh it makes me puke

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:59:13 pm by Sniger »

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 11:56:49 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
Well, those are solid arguments no doubt if only our clan scene didn't exist of only two or three, afaik, major clans who show up in great numbers, but it would indeed be extremely hurtfull for the "clan scene"(sounds gay lol), not good!
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 11:57:24 pm »
+2
I have to admit, the thought behind it is good, but I just want to show you my logic

~Removing banner balance
A good idea, would keep the teams interesting and more or less fair. However it completely removes "Clans" and playing with friends if you cannot play together and are forced to be randomly sided with one team of the other and makes teamplay near impossible.

~Removing valor
Seems good, it seems to give it repeatedly to the few elite players who will be rather upset about this.
Also nerfs that moment when we all somehow manage to get it and can say  "Man, I didn't do half bad".

~ Removing multipliers
Seems interesting, the current multipliers (While rewarding and makes us all play) can be rather unbalanced when one minute is worth 5 or more from another player.
However this would probably make the game a much bigger grind (We have a lot already don't we?)

~Heirloom removal
I can see what you mean, it can be a real pain to fight full loomed players and it can be unfair.
However most of us do have atleast a few looms, but still looms are the only way to upgrade and "customize" weaponry and equipment which makes you feel a little more powerful and lets us all play with our favorite gear.
(It also makes sense, such as older wealthier and more experienced knights have tempered and upgraded equipment)

Also this.
you have banner balance in strat as well.

as for the valour... well I think (or maybe rather know) that some/many players intentionally stay back and hide cus they know (its not like they are noobs they very well know this game and how to cope) it will be a round where they will lose. so they run and hide, hope to get enough points from straggler-kills to gain valour. 2-3 players can easily gain valour by doing this. the problem is just that I cant help thinking WHAT IF those players tried to help the rest of the team, getting a ton of kills before they die, resulting in a win? this is just a scenario I see on a daily basis almost once every single map

Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 12:00:29 am »
~Removing banner balance
A good idea, would keep the teams interesting and more or less fair. However it completely removes "Clans" and playing with friends if you cannot play together and are forced to be randomly sided with one team of the other and makes teamplay near impossible.

strat

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 12:01:59 am »
In addition I'd like to mention that for some time, there was a second siege server with banner balance off (it was EU_5 IIRC), and it was always empty. It seems most people are okay with clan stacking (I'm not in a clan, and I was also of the opinion that there should be a server with BB off, before I saw that only very few really care).

Valour should only be for loser team.

I don't care about multi, but I guess most people would quit if looms were removed. I probably would, although I currently have unused loompoints. It doesn't make a lot of sense, I know, maybe I'll quit anyway ;P.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 12:04:08 am »
ye well the loom part only just popped up in my mind today when I casually went thru forum. its not like I think its a pain to fight full-loom opponents, actually I prefer them cus they contain sooo many points ;D

I just know that loads of players (if not all lol) is more or less fully loomed unless its an alt. when everone have it its kinda pointless I think. its like nuclear bombs... :p

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 12:04:44 am »
+2
as for the valour... well I think (or maybe rather know) that some/many players intentionally stay back and hide cus they know (its not like they are noobs they very well know this game and how to cope) it will be a round where they will lose. so they run and hide, hope to get enough points from straggler-kills to gain valour.
Actually, the best way to get valour is being in the center of clusterfuck and contributing a lot to your team's victory.
So - no, valour is a very good feature.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 12:06:19 am »
problem is you can ALSO get it without contributing, just by good teamwork amongst 2-3 players. I know this cus Ive seen it happen on my screen loads of times, you have too be honest :)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 12:08:28 am »
Well, those are solid arguments no doubt if only our clan scene didn't exist of only two or three, afaik, major clans

u speak my mind

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 12:08:35 am »
+1
Well, those are solid arguments no doubt if only our clan scene didn't exist of only two or three, afaik, major clans who show up in great numbers, but it would indeed be extremely hurtfull for the "clan scene"(sounds gay lol), not good!
I think you are not giving SB and Druzhina the credit they deserve. It is especially those clans that show in smaller numbers that really need banner balance to be able to do any mentionable teamplay at all.

problem is you can ALSO get it without contributing, just by good teamwork amongst 2-3 players. I know this cus Ive seen it happen on my screen loads of times, you have too be honest :)
How is this not contributing? Kills don't mean shit, get it through your head. Score might not be perfect, but it is a whole lot better than kills.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 12:09:49 am »
+2
You need to introduce a nice xp system though if you intend to remove multi system, + I want more xp due to gen bonus. That's why I retired and many other people did!
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 12:11:27 am »
Banner balance is a good thing insofar as it enables clans to play together (which is a lot of the appeal of being in a clan in the first place).

Multiplier system on top of that, I can see how it's problematic. I don't like the multiplier system as it is, anyway, though. Nor the way upkeep is done... it seems to me that a lot of the players either grind for the money somehow and then play whatever they like on battle, or something.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".