Author Topic: FOOTBALL THREAD (the real football not that american crap)  (Read 69424 times)

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
Re: FOOTBALL THREAD (the real football not that american crap)
« Reply #1215 on: October 16, 2014, 02:27:57 pm »
But then again jerseys are cheaper, I always buy some 2 season old for like 15 gbp that's a bargain even for poor Croat. ahahahah
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1002
  • Infamy: 1804
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 18, 2014, 05:27:17 pm »
#WengerOut

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #1217 on: October 18, 2014, 08:22:27 pm »
Loved Southampton stuffing Sunderland
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #1218 on: October 19, 2014, 12:47:51 pm »
Loved Southampton stuffing Sunderland

2-2 home against Hull yesterday, I got hammered while watching it.

QPR - Pool in 1h ;)
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 19, 2014, 01:22:53 pm »
Wenger is one of the few manager who is educated (master in economics), which translates into Arsenal being the only English club without debt, despite building expensive stadium. But that will change because American dipshit owner wants to steal the money in the same way Glazers did with Man Utd.

You folks need to realize that current state of international football is a mess and that clubs are deliberately being pulled into massive debts. Serious mobsters and criminals are running international football scene. At one point bubble will burst and many clubs will go down under. Wenger is there to make sure Arsenal isn't one of them.

Not a Utd-fan, but it's hard to argue that Glazers are ruining Man Utd. Their past decade with them in charge wasn't all bad, and even now in crisis their economy allows for these signings. I agree on that what Glazers are doing is against anything that should be found anywhere in football, but alot of Utd-fans prefer Glazers to stay, despite their thinking of the club as an economic opportunity.

This is coming from someone who is team Wenger, all the way.
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #1220 on: October 19, 2014, 03:27:14 pm »
Hope we can sign this guy for  next few years. 2 perfect goals against Fenerbahçe, noboody will forget this guy thats for sure  :lol:

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:37:30 pm by Xside »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1799
  • Infamy: 2911
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 19, 2014, 03:55:23 pm »
This is coming from someone who is team Wenger, all the way.

Then you'll keep supporting him when he finds another club to manage. I'm an Arsenal supporter, not Wenger fanboy.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 19, 2014, 04:41:26 pm »
Then you'll keep supporting him when he finds another club to manage. I'm an Arsenal supporter, not Wenger fanboy.

I like him precisely for what he has done for Arsenal.

Also, "Team Wenger" was more to categorize myself as someone who prefers that sound long-term economic strategy, despite its impact on our chances to compete the last few years, rather than preferring your club being in debt while having a filled cabinet, which arguably is the case with Utd and the Glazers.

Yes Leshma, please tell me how to support Arsenal.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1288
  • Infamy: 832
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 19, 2014, 05:14:17 pm »
You seem to be stuck in year 2008. Right now Arsenal is the club which pays higher salaries than Chelsea, has bigger income and budget, much higher ticket price and bigger stadium. Wenger had an excuse few years ago, when he had no budget to spend on transfers. But last two years he spent more than during previous 16 years. Profit Arsenal makes is paid as dividend to Stan Kroenke, the major shareholder.

And it's became obvious that Arsene without Pat Rice isn't a good manager.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 19, 2014, 07:43:35 pm »
You seem to be stuck in year 2008. Right now Arsenal is the club which pays higher salaries than Chelsea, has bigger income and budget, much higher ticket price and bigger stadium. Wenger had an excuse few years ago, when he had no budget to spend on transfers. But last two years he spent more than during previous 16 years. Profit Arsenal makes is paid as dividend to Stan Kroenke, the major shareholder.

And it's became obvious that Arsene without Pat Rice isn't a good manager.

You seem to ignore the fact that Wenger really is to a great extent, an economist. In 2006, Wenger also said that 2014 would be the year when Arsenal would be able to compete on the market with its rivals once again. This after having stabilized the clubs finances after the construction of Emirates. There are alot of articles on this, and I guess you've already read them?

Also, just because Wenger had an amount of money piled up, doesn't mean it would be a great idea investing it in big signins, right away, would it? Last year with Özil was also not an thought through signing from a financial perspective, it was an presented opportunity which also served to indicate the sums Wenger was now ready to start paying, after being satisfied with the results of his fincancial project.
Alexis is the first big signing to have arrived on Wengers generally preferred terms, and signings like this will most likely be fairly frequent the coming years.

Yes, Arsenal nowadays pay more wages than Chelsea, but there are also 2 major factors to consider. Chelsea boosted their economy for 10 years, paying MASSIVE wages, until they just recently started adapting to FFP, and by doing so also cut down on wages of already contracted players but also the new signings. There is a significant difference here, and it's hard to argue that Chelsea hasn't benefitted from this advantage over the years. The change in the hierarchy in this department is too recent to have had any noticeable effect, hence why I'm not troubled by this yet.
And the second is that Arsenal pay solidary wages, it is a system which most likely played a part in seeing Cesc, RvP, and played a major part in seeing Clichy and Nasri leaving.
The system however let us keep f.e Ramsey after his injury, I don't agree that this system is horrible or even very bad. But it is a thinking which in some aspects put us below in the hierarchy of the biggest clubs in  the league.

How did you figure that? The year after he left, we had one of our most promising/best seasons in maybe a decade. I love and miss Pat, but Wenger is more than capable of handling his abscense.
I can't say I've noticed any major change with Pat gone, if we're talking strictly about the pitch/results.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2887
  • Infamy: 158
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 19, 2014, 09:44:54 pm »
I know Wenger is economist, but Arsenal doesn't need an economist, it needs bloody good manager who isn't conflicted with half the football world. Have nothing but utmost respect for Wenger, but European Football has become one big swamp filled with predators in last 10-15 years and Wenger's integrity doesn't let him to do business with such people.

Two years ago, before surprising signing of Ozil on the deadline day everyone was talking about 70 million euro deal for Real Madrid duo Di Maria and Benzema. Both were perfect for the system Arsenal use, but I guess that deal didn't happen because Wenger doesn't do business with Di Maria's manager Jorge Mendes. Instead, Arsenal paid extra for incredibly talented creative midfielder, something Arsenal does not need. Ozil is top class but isn't suited for the way Arsenal play. He shines on counter-attack and Arsenal play possession game.

Possession game which is created by Pat Rice in cooperation with Arsene Wenger, style of play which was enigma for most teams in England in years 2002-2005. Season after invincibles Arsenal played perfect football for first 8 fixtures, then someone found out how to defend that and magic was gone. And it still is gone.

Another thing, that little twat truly loves Arsenal. Yes I'm talking about Fabregas. Him leaving for his boyhood club was bullshit, he left because he got into fight with Wenger over club policy of not buying better players. He was in the news for few weeks, he was sprouting bullshit about Wenger and then faked injury until end of the season when he forced move to Barca. Reason why he didn't come back is Wenger and you can be damn sure he'll gloat if he wins Premier League with Chelsea. And will send poison arrows in Wenger's direction saying how it is his fault Arsenal failed once again.

He's not the only one obsessed with Arsenal, Mourinho is even more obsessed. I bet he would take the job running if Wenger was sacked two years ago. Only reason why he's at Chelsea is because he had nowhere else to go at that point. He knows Arsenal has bigger budget these days and wants to be on helm. That is why every fucking week he is bantering about Wenger and Arsenal, even if no one is asking for his opinion.

Arsenal isn't successful as they deserve but they sure are something many obsess over. You might want to read Keane's newest book where he explained just how much Manchester United was obsessed with Arsenal when he was their captain and why there was bad blood between two teams and their managers (Fergie was obsessed with Wenger just as much as Mourinho).

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1139
  • Infamy: 457
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 20, 2014, 06:48:06 pm »

Offline Zhyang

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
« Reply #1227 on: October 20, 2014, 08:55:09 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:13:43 pm by Zhyang »

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #1228 on: October 21, 2014, 03:12:16 pm »
It will be fun to face Real Madrid tomorrow!

(click to show/hide)
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2028
  • Infamy: 2592
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 21, 2014, 03:15:50 pm »
Bale won't be playing. You never know what could happen. Sterling can easily make fools of Real's defense. And that human turd Balotelli sometimes plays brilliant football against best teams.