Author Topic: the New tyranny of NA :evil:  (Read 11938 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: the New tyranny of NA :evil:
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 11:47:27 am »
+4
I do not have to support your use of the word f@ggot but I will troll to the death for your right to say it, you racist frenchman.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Equal

• Earl
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Secretly not gay
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Equal
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 02:17:28 pm »
Soo people are getting muted for typing naughty words now? I remember Ganner muted me because I said nigga pls once, but I didn't really think it was tyrannical just strict.

Does this mean saying I'm gay in chat means I'll get banned now?

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 02:24:37 pm »
Basically this is tears of destiny 2.0 people. Absolutely disgusting that the Mods can abuse their powers in the name of MUH FEELINGS

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 02:26:05 pm »
+3
As a sign of solidarity with my oppressed NA brethren, may i suggest

as the FREE CHAT 2013 sig?

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 02:29:42 pm »
As a sign of solidarity with my oppressed NA brethren, may i suggest

as the FREE CHAT 2013 sig?
Thank you ptx a lot of people in this game are bundle of stickss just now all of a sudden butthurt bundle of sticksry is a good excuse to punish people and use walls of pink text because everyone is a special snowflake.

Soo people are getting muted for typing naughty words now? I remember Ganner muted me because I said nigga pls once, but I didn't really think it was tyrannical just strict.

Does this mean saying I'm gay in chat means I'll get banned now?

Ganner suffers from white guilt.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:33:51 pm by betard_lulz »

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 02:42:06 pm »
+2
self loathing white people are history's greatest monsters

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 03:32:46 pm »
+1
At least it's a move in the direction of the game being a product of a real company and not just a Stormfront chat program with a knights minigame in the background.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 03:49:00 pm »
+9
Here are the facts of the matter for anyone who wasn't on last night.

- NA Admins were asked to more strictly enforce chat rules against casual discriminatory chat.  Please note that these rules have always been there, we've just been lenient on enforcing them.
- There was confusion surrounding the new enforcement policy, as not all admins were aware of the change and players were not made aware of the new enforcement policy.
- There was confusion surrounding Partyboy as a newly added admin who was enforcing newly added policies.

I understand why people are upset: the way this was rolled out was confusing, and the specifics regarding how those rules were to be enforced are still being decided on.  A lot of people raised a lot of good questions when I was online about what this means/what can and can't be said, and I'm sorry that I don't have answers for you yet.

But

The goal of the changes are to reduce the level of casual bigotry found on the servers, and I believe that goal to have merit.  Regardless of how exactly this rule evolves, the fact of the matter is bigotry and casual discriminatory chat has become the norm - that is probably the reason many of you are so upset, because the word's inherent meaning has become mixed. 

And trust me - I get it - we all recognize that calling your friend a 'my old friend' is different from angrily calling someone a 'fucking f@ggot', just like saying 'my nigga' to a pal is different from slurring a black person as a 'friend'.  The intent behind the words in all these scenarios is different, but the point of the new enforcement policies is to make people more aware of what they are actually literally saying

The common sense TLDR version is just be more mindful of what you're saying.  The rules will probably continue to adjust & evolve, but I think it's a good idea to get used to the idea that less casual discriminatory chat will be acceptable in the near future. 

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 03:57:10 pm »
If you can't play the game without having to use discriminatory slurs, you don't deserve to play at all.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 04:01:17 pm »
+4
If you can't play the game without having to use discriminatory slurs, you don't deserve to play at all.

Is "my old friendcher" discriminatory ?

If yes, what group is supposed to be offended ?

Btw except very few people that use their mouths like trashcans, the swearing is pretty light on EU servers.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 04:09:50 pm »

You know, you could always go and learn for yourself what is discriminatory and what is not.  There is no shortage of first hand accounts of the effects of bigotry.  Although, I will warn you, realizing you've been in the wrong all your life is an uncomfortable feeling and it's a lot easier to just go on doing it than admit it.

Education should be sought out and not forced upon, but here we are anyways.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 04:23:01 pm »

Btw except very few people that use their mouths like trashcans, the swearing is pretty light on EU servers.

Yeah it is pretty offensive to have a derogative term for a group of people claimed as a general term for anything bad or annoying. How is it any different than calling someone a "nigcher" or some such? It's not and if you don't find that offensive either then you don't deserve the right to talk about this stuff.

And if anything, it's worse on EU since you guys all think you're so further ahead than americans when in reality you're just as bad.

"wolves_skono_the_my old friend" and other wonderful things.

Offline Aiyasha

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Free Spook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Groovy Ghoulies
  • Game nicks: Aiyasha
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 04:34:46 pm »
+2

And trust me - I get it - we all recognize that calling your friend a 'my old friend' is different from angrily calling someone a 'fucking f@ggot', just like saying 'my nigga' to a pal is different from slurring a black person as a 'friend'.  The intent behind the words in all these scenarios is different, but the point of the new enforcement policies is to make people more aware of what they are actually literally saying

How about instead of trying to censor what words people can and cannot say, people just accept that it's not an inflammatory remark anymore and start being offended by something important.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 04:36:12 pm »
How about instead of trying to censor what words people can and cannot say, people just accept that it's not an inflammatory remark anymore and start being offended by something important.

Try yelling slurs in a restaurant and see how long it takes before you're asked to leave or ejected.  This isn't the government telling you what you can and can't say, this is a privately owned server.

Offline Aiyasha

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Free Spook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Groovy Ghoulies
  • Game nicks: Aiyasha
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 04:37:27 pm »
+3
Try yelling slurs in a restaurant and see how long it takes before you're asked to leave or ejected.  This isn't the government telling you what you can and can't say, this is a privately owned server.

Congratulations on missing the point of what I said. Feel free to read it a few more times and try again.