Author Topic: Possible Serious Admin Abuse  (Read 6188 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Possible Serious Admin Abuse
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2013, 05:49:23 pm »
The skill of the punchers on the other team was too great. They punched like devils. evil red-headed japanese desu desu schoolgirls

Correction above - http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=2980

Also, bugged battle with both sides having no gear.  We had a legitimate fun fight for the first 2/3rds of the battle.  Then with about 20 minutes left the entire team stopped fighting and would just hold up blocks only, which was fine, we gang-banged them accordingly and hit them from behind.  But with about 13 minutes left in the game they all started scattering and running every which way and made no attempt to get flgs back up or take flags down (we later heard from some of the enemy players that leaders of the faction on the other side actually yelled at them for fighting and getting kills instead of running).

At that point a number of us warned them to stop griefing/delaying.  Fnally red text was used and they still did not change their attempt to use the bugged battle to their advantage, since as long as you run away from other naked people you can get away with taking absolutely no damage.  The enemy stayed with 4 tickets remaining for 10 minutes this way with repeated warnings and finally with 2-3 minutes left in the battle they were banned temporarily for 1 hour one by one as only 2 people started fighting again after the bans started happening - but the admins couldn't see which 2 those were as he was banning the many people on the other side who continued to grief/delay.

I think its a legitimate tactic to run away and wait or flags to go up with a few minutes left, but this was definitely a common sense based banning.  Both sides were bugged (similar to when tkov's army got bugged attacking a castle and had no gear - admin ordered them to retreat since they couldn't attack with no ladders and so they did losing entire army), and the only way for it to legitimately play out was to fight it out with fists.  Running away with 13 minutes left and getting almost 0 deaths for 10 minutes was a pretty clear common sense abuse of a bugged battle situation.  If both sides had gear no big deal, you are probably going to lose anyway though, but just use common sense people - no way to do damage because of the bug as long as you are running away.  if the sides were reversed you would have been calling for our side to be kicked or would have vote-kicked us off for delaying/griefing.

Rollback not a bad idea, also it was  a 1 hour temp ban on eu servers - not much more than just being kicked and making sure you don't immediately rejoin.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:59:51 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2013, 06:05:15 pm »
+9
i like how the guys with the best score on the SS side got kicked/banned first. Look at next screen to see Holiday banned next and he was number 1.

(click to show/hide)

Hell the best player on the team was banned after getting killed!

(click to show/hide)
Also lol at the admin for ignoring the guy with like 5 tks right there.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:08:25 pm by DoD_Blackzilla »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2013, 06:13:31 pm »
-edited this part, apparently I double posted. Sorry-

Also, I find it utterly hilarious to see a few posters in here claiming injustice. A couple of you openly supported the admin abuse done to the FCC and when the FCC brought it up, these same people called them all whiners.

Special shout-out to Blackzilla. ;)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:35:56 pm by Gmnotutoo »

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2013, 07:01:32 pm »
+14
Oh no you guys are using tactics in a strat game...PANIC BAN
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Damatacus_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »
Really? WTF, the battle was all bugged to begin with and it was about 3 minutes from being over anyways. We were gonna lose, we had 0 tickets left and several guys not able to spawn before the banning started. Ya it was some BS but I don't really care and I doubt any of the EU admins care either. Notice they have not replied.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2013, 07:39:52 pm »
Seems what you guys did breaks "common sense" rule, trying to scatter and play for end of clock with 15-20 minutes is fairly ridiculous.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2013, 07:43:58 pm »
+5
So many comments for a 300 vs 100 battle, someone had 10k crates of gear or ?  :mrgreen:

Seems like both sides have good arguments, the admin applied HIS common sense to the situation, the only thing that can be complained about is that he was fighting against those he kick/banned. Rest is a question of point of view and rhetoric.

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2013, 08:28:00 pm »
+3
So many comments for a 300 vs 100 battle, someone had 10k crates of gear or ?  :mrgreen:

Seems like both sides have good arguments, the admin applied HIS common sense to the situation, the only thing that can be complained about is that he was fighting against those he kick/banned. Rest is a question of point of view and rhetoric.
Doesn't matter what size of the armies was. The main deal here is pretty clear Admin Abuse. Especially with the screens provided, where we can see that the fighting people were banned.
Admin should be exonerated from his Admin duties.

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2013, 08:34:53 pm »
+3
This is a very problematic situation because as far as I understand the battle was all naked people as the server was down and the gear was not loading, thus there was no cavalry available and thus the rules should not count the cav in, but I dont know, 1st rule is use the common sense but that is very problematic in this situation, I would first see if the admin had any personal interest in winning the battle and then if any of the banned persons can prove they actually listened to the warning and joined the fight, as far as I see from the screen shots only the people who failed to follow the warning were banned.

If the enemy team was organized enough they could have swarmed us and taken us out one by one, instead they were willing to be baited in circles because they're bad eu. So the real issue here is that the enemy team was so bad that they couldnt kill us in time to win, so they decided they would abuse admin to win instead.  Everyone on our team was capable of being killed, we didnt have cav that could keep us out of range indefinitely, we weren't camping an unreachable location, we were running our clock which is the point of every battle for defenders. Are we gonna start banning shieldwalls for delaying cause the enemy team can't get enough kills in time to win?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:44:37 pm by sdfjkln »

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2013, 08:40:56 pm »
+1
The other issue is that admins (as far as I have ever understood the term in any legitimate community or business) are supposed to remain impartial, Cyrus is a member of the strat faction that was attacking us, and his usage of admin powers, which was at the very least highly questionable, assured his factions victory. That is a clear conflict of interests. 

Additionally we were warned that we had to attempt to put our flags back up (which I understand is not actually a rule) and at that time we did successfully raise at least a few of our flags. We obeyed every reasonable order the admin gave us, even though they were not legal orders, and yet we were still banned. 

What baffles me most however is why Cyrus really felt it necessary to subvert our tactics in the first place. Our plan was to let the time run down, and then beat them to death with our fists. Frankly i'm not even sure it would have worked (They had much better ping than us, and that kesh fucker hits like a brick). Even if the time had run out (there flags had gone down, and we spawned back in) they probably still would've beat us to death with there fists.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Arthur_

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 557
  • Infamy: 148
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Arthur
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2013, 08:50:13 pm »
I hope I don't get banned for doing some tks there, it was lame tought I wouldn't say those guys weren't fighting, but they were just delaying with holding blocks all the time at flags and arround there and trying to get flags up... at least thats what I saw (was in Guards team)

Jackie who?

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2013, 08:58:49 pm »
+1
We we're indeed holding blocks up, and running about as if we were decapitated poultry. In a battle server that ought to be considered delaying, however the entire point of defending in strat is to let the time run out.

Humans have been warring for a long time, and throughout all the circumstances of warfare it has been a rather universal truth that it is the attackers responsibility to come well enough prepared to defeat the defenders in battle. If that is not the case then all the defenders have to do is wait, avoid making any stupid mistakes that result in their death, counterattack when the moment is right. In a strat battle that moment comes when the time runs out.

In addition:
I hope I don't get banned for doing some tks there, it was lame tought I wouldn't say those guys weren't fighting, but they were just delaying with holding blocks all the time at flags and arround there and trying to get flags up... at least thats what I saw (was in Guards team)

This man (who I really don't think deserves any punishment given that it was all in all a rather ridiculous battle) intentionally tk'd, as I recall, three teammates, including the admin, well before the round was over. How is it that he, who clearly violated a long standing rule, was not in any way penalized, yet we, who at best violated a rather unorthodox arbitrary decision, were banned?

I reiterate that I don't care about the outcome of this particular battle, but I feel that allowing someone who blatantly disregards existing rules, makes up new ones on the spot, and acts on them despite a very clear conflict of interests is not admin material.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:16:27 pm by Sparvico »
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2013, 09:14:41 pm »
+4
Shouldn't be any discussion about it, it's abuse.

Cool story man, did your high Internet IQ stop me from taking all of your shit?  I believe Waradin is from one of the European countries that beats out the US, so he is actually well within his rights to say that.  Like I said, we are quite low for a first world country and SUPER POWER, and of course with our economy the way it is, it is no surprise.  Most Americans can't do simple math and as a result average $19,000 of credit card debt.

Anyway, back on topic, you should link the battle so we know which one you're referencing.

Thought I should tell you Serbia isn't on that list.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2013, 09:19:24 pm »
+1
     About the foul language thing, I was pretty hammered. But I think my point was pretty justified, and that was that this admin did not have the reich right to tell us how to run our battle. The rule cited by the admin in question was no delaying at the end of a round.

The bans began at about 2 minutes left, which at least in America means that the round was not over, and players were still fighting/tactfully picking fights (which they were asked to to by myself, Heroin and ROHYPNOL). The BS "common sense" rule was also cited, which is basically a cover up so that Cyrus_HRE could have his way with our team and tell us how to play to go ahead and lose our strat battle.

Cyrus_HRE's side had alot invested in this battle, as Heroin was making his way out with a decent amount of S&D, so any admin actions would normally be scrutinized closely, for obvious reasons. BANNING THE ENTIRE OTHER TEAM BASED ON WHAT AMOUNTS TO THE ADMIN BEING MAD AT TACTICS IS ABUSE.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2013, 09:29:16 pm »
Seems what you guys did breaks "common sense" rule, trying to scatter and play for end of clock with 15-20 minutes is fairly ridiculous.

Who was aware of a common sense rule? Common sense would tell me to do exactly what we did with the game mechanics, play it how it is made... Just like golf, "hit it where it lies" please do not get mad at us for trying to win.

Seems as if the enemy noted that we actually had a chance to win with our strategy, then started laying down the ban hammer on the entire opposing team. No?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:32:56 pm by ROHYPNOL »
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.