Author Topic: Covered Flags  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Covered Flags
« on: March 22, 2013, 06:18:12 pm »
+6
 4) Covering flags
                    4.1) covering flags with any equipment is not allowed. This includes ladders, siege shields, construction sites and anything you can produce with a construction site.

Enemy roster (Bold/italic/underlined the dev/admin on their side)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

The other team had a c-site up at their spawn for awhile, they finished the construction when we started capping their flags; we managed to get the flags down anyways so I guess it isn't a huge deal I guess...

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
Re: Covered Flags
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 06:24:43 pm »
+2
C:/Users/Matey/Documents/Mount&Blade Warband/cRPG/Screenshots

I don't know why, but that part blew my mind for some reason.

-idlewind
-idlewind

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 07:43:29 pm »
+1
C:/Users/Matey/Documents/Mount&Blade Warband/cRPG/Screenshots

I don't know why, but that part blew my mind for some reason.

-idlewind

Don't you know? That's his real name  :mrgreen:

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 07:51:05 pm »
This happens all the time, on both sides of the war, and is fairly hard to be proven intentional. Sucks, but it sounds like it wasn't an issue?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 09:17:12 pm »
+2
This happens all the time, on both sides of the war, and is fairly hard to be proven intentional. Sucks, but it sounds like it wasn't an issue?

I haven't seen it quite like this before during the war, though I've missed plenty of fights. I have seen large siege towers cover flags but then get moved off them as they were constructed when no enemies were really pushing at flags. This one was built just as we made our big push at the end and since the latest patch the towers no longer have wheels. It didn't save them this time as I guess there is a mechanic where flags will go down if enough people are killed on top of them? so it wasn't really a big deal I guess, but it was disappointing to see it occur when the enemy team had two people who should have prevented it from occurring as it is stated to be against the rules in strat.

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Guardian_Bethrezen, Quincy_Mongo
  • IRC nick: Bethrezen
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 10:29:43 pm »
+1
This is clearly a bannable offence on EU, both blocks are actually paying huge attention to it as they know it is bannable and in case any person is stupid enough to do it, they get shouted at on TS and the item is immediately destroyed by his own team. I can't possibly understand a situation with two GMs/devs in the team and this shit still happening, I would seriously reconsider their privileges.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:59:12 pm by Mongolista »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 10:38:08 pm »
+1
This should be under ban requests, though the admins bolded will likely feign ignorance, I'm not surprised to see one name in particular once again up to misdeeds.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 11:01:02 pm »
+8
Enemy roster (Bold/italic/underlined the dev/admin on their side)
(click to show/hide)
Wow, all things considered, I had a pretty good K:D.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 12:09:58 am »
+1
Everything is a conspiracy and they're out to get you!

Paranoia aside, this was not intentional. I has friends on both sides and they were trying to build a tower for their archers, the wheels were bugged. it's pretty simple stuff and actually worked to our advantage by forcing them to spawn inside the tower for free kills and get pummeled by arrow volleys.

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Guardian_Bethrezen, Quincy_Mongo
  • IRC nick: Bethrezen
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 02:27:43 am »
I dont know dude, Im pretty sure archers would have used the "half" sky ladders (that are allowed) for their advantage as they do in all the battles, they wouldnt build the whole tower coz of it...paranoia is one thing, obvious exploit another, I mean how can anybody really try to question this?? Not to mention this "funny" little note by Tydeus not trying to explain anything, just laughing in Matey's face:)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Pappy

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Papasmurf_FIDLGB
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 03:16:44 am »
+3
This was a chinese faction with like 10 languages spoken in teamspeak, the left hand had no idea what the right was doing. There was no tactics, no organization. This battle was fought like a na-1 random battle with disorganization  and random respawns just streaming into you. The seige tower was started at the very beginning of the battle, and by sheer luck was even finished at all. It was supposed to go up next to the flags, not over them. it was supposed to be used to protect archers from your troops. All it did is serve as a tomb, and didnt slow you down any in finishing the match. The admins and everyone else didnt know it was even being built, other then being discussed that we SHOULD build one near the flags.. since our whole tactic was fight close to flags to hold them. Someone mentioned they were building one at the beginning of the match, and 95% of our team was just as surprised at the end to see it actually go up 60 seconds before our death. You were down to shit for troops before it went up so it didnt cost you 100s of deaths or anything, you were still able to spawn camp us, and you still won.. and yes seige equipment is bugged as fuck with wierd random shit happening with it.. so.. whats the point of this thread? XP was made, sand got in vaginas, and people cried. Isn't that what Strat is all about?  :mrgreen:

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 03:22:21 am »
Do you want people mass banned?  Its just a videogame with some buggy elements and no one can be held responsible ultimately.  Why go through the effort.  Do you feel the need for cRPG justice because a tower got pushed by a flag maybe in some battle that ultimately No One Gives A Shit About?
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 03:49:36 am »
+2
How bout just a pink text that says "Defending side, stop what you're doing now, and destroy the siege tower" then do further warnings for those who continue to fight and kicks or bans for those who don't listen to the admins.  We could not get so much as a pink text message about this, despite me being very polite in admin messages.

There were also multiple siege ladders over flags that I admin messaged about and there were no admin messages.  Eventually it got taken care of, about 5 minutes later.  These admins were really dropping the ball compared to Canary, who either destroys the offending equipment himself or pink texts until its taken care of.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 04:19:43 am »
Do you want people mass banned?  Its just a videogame with some buggy elements and no one can be held responsible ultimately.  Why go through the effort.  Do you feel the need for cRPG justice because a tower got pushed by a flag maybe in some battle that ultimately No One Gives A Shit About?

It turned out pretty minor but it could have really messed with things; since there were multiple admins on their side it simply should not have happened. If admins aren't even following the rules then how can we expect anyone else to?

p.s. as for what to do about it... It would be nice if the admins who allowed it would at least give their side of the story and admit their mistake, maybe assure us that rules are actually there for a reason (though considering some past events I am beginning to wonder...) other than to handicap those who follow them while rewarding those who do not.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:32:51 am by Matey »

Offline Pappy

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Papasmurf_FIDLGB
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 04:57:23 am »
+1
So.. it would be better for the entire battle to PAUSE, and destroy siege tower?! Giving the defenders a chance to fully re spawn and regroup SINCE they did OUTNUMBER you with tickets... and possibly cost you the battle when you were winning at that point and the battle was lost on our side for sure... Wouldnt you be on here crying about how the admins stopped the battle, gave the defenders a chance to regroup, and then they kicked your ass costing you the battle? They dont go to your job, slap the dick out of your mouth, and tell you how to suck it. So why not just be happy you won, instead of crying for justice where no injustice exists. Also ONE ladder was placed over flags, dont know who did it but the admin on our Teamspeak did break it.. and tell them not to do it.. and it wasnt done again.. and 5 minutes is a massive exageration but its your story, tell it how you want.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:22:51 am by Pappy »