Author Topic: Siege Beta: guide/explanation (wip)  (Read 4420 times)

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
Re: Siege Beta: guide/explanation (wip)
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2013, 08:58:05 am »
+3
Despite last nights increased spawntimer for defenders, its still very unbalanced in favor of defence.

The biggest problem is the fact that defenders can spawn on a contested flag. Makes it impossible to cap when whole defending team spawns on the same place.

Maybe deny spawning if contested? Or add spawn points unrelated to flags?

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2013, 01:25:49 pm »
Despite last nights increased spawntimer for defenders, its still very unbalanced in favor of defence.

The biggest problem is the fact that defenders can spawn on a contested flag. Makes it impossible to cap when whole defending team spawns on the same place.

Maybe deny spawning if contested? Or add spawn points unrelated to flags?
Denying spawning on contested flag would be a good idea. Instantly when an enemy gets too close to the flag it would become contested and could not be used as a spawn point any more. Then, add 1 spawnpoint more than what there are flags per team, so that when the team's final flag becomes contested, there would still be a place to spawn.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2013, 01:50:01 pm »
Building Siege gear doesn't work in siege beta. It breaks the server(?) or messes up upon completion. Only weapon racks work semi fine(haven't tried healing tents). Everything else gets busted or just fails period.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2013, 01:57:00 pm »
Me, Tristan, Anders, and a couple other guys were absolutely owning for nearly an hour on offense in this mode.  Even all of us combined + a bunch of other fellers with huge scores, rather stomping the server, simply could not crack a single spawn point when it only had one ladder as entrance with weapon rack and healing tent.  No matter how many people we killed, more would respawn, seemingly instantly.

Great mode, but I haven't seen attackers win a single round yet. 
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2013, 02:04:39 pm »
I once saw an attacker victory, 20 minutes after the timer reached 00:00 in the docks. But it was simply because the round did not end when it should have.

What about making it so that capturing one flag in a layer opened the next one? Or maybe requiring for a percentage (60-75%) of flags in a layer to be captured for the next one to open up. Otherwise the last flag in each layer is going to be extremely hard to capture.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 02:05:21 pm »
I think the defenders should spawn maybe 5seconds later. But its obvious for me that the main problem is that the defenders spawn like one meter away from your position or behind you .... so its even worse than TDM

(click to show/hide)

And with the HRE-Blitzkrieg-Team wie managed to get the tavern before the walls, so we skipped the lower wall (bug/feature?)
Was no chance to get the keep. There is also still a bug for the next rounds when you capture them, you cant get them in the next round.

Ballista is still kinda bugged, you have to get it in the old/standard position to pull the crank/reload
(click to show/hide)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2013, 01:18:49 pm »
nice bragging there, but Heym1 beats you all! :D

think its on purpose. Both walls and tavern are active immediately, but you have to get both to proceed.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2013, 06:55:55 pm »
i like it, just need to be optimized of course :)

downside: now that you introduced the map feature, you are forced to implement it in the other modes ;D