Author Topic: 0.2.9.3.2  (Read 22694 times)

Offline Ragnar_Ulfson

• Count
  • Renown: 185
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulfson
  • IRC nick: Ulfson
Re: 0.2.9.3.2
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 02:07:08 am »
War Spear was supposed to receive +2b on swings. Should be fixed with the next patch.

Cool, that's good to know thanks Tydeus.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2013, 02:19:45 am »
+4
Who's the sleep-deprived lazy-ass who nerfed the Cataphract and did not bother to lower the price thus making it literally worse in absolutely every way compared to the identically priced Eastern Warhorse?

Cataphract change is a mistake, it should be 40 speed instead of 36. Gonna be fixed in next patch.

Is Fasader back?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 02:28:14 am »
+1
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline MarktpLatz

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: MarktpLatz_HRE MarktPole_HRE MarktArcher_HRE MarktShielder_HRE
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 03:05:05 am »
+9
Wooden Stakes are awesome  :shock:
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 03:05:28 am »
+1
Not sure if this is a mistake or not, but Eastern Horse is 8 difficulty o.o

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 03:13:57 am »
Not sure if this is a mistake or not, but Eastern Horse is 8 difficulty o.o
Intended, it is the best horse, outside of survivability.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 04:11:08 am »
+1
Intended, it is the best horse, outside of survivability.

I would disagree.

Best is relative. 8 riding requires a significant point investment. If I want to ride a good horse, I'll take the 15/21 route(or better) and ride the Arabian with more everything but speed. 12/24 for a horse(without forcing point conversion) is pretty damn pathetic.(Not saying you can't make a build for it, but a decent build for the eastern will take up lots of points(8) at level 30 and you'd be forced to take a pretty nasty point reduction elsewhere.)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2013, 04:17:38 am »
+2
Some (or most) stat changes are a bit... well... weird? At least they don't fit to the usual opinions in the community. E.g. nerfing throwing axes. And again there are items which are absolutely preferable above others. But I guess a few more patches and the balance will be quite good. And those changelogs are definitely a boon.

But the bump damage reduction indeed is awesome. Whoever complains about his loomed horse now being worthless should please grab hs own cock, pull it between the legs, stick it in his butt, and fuck himself. Horses are not meant to make your kills, you are.

Edit: can someone explain me what a ballista is? I know, it's a giant crossbow siege machine, smartasses. I mean where can I see what it does? Is it one of those strategus thingies I never saw due to my animosity towards strat?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2013, 04:20:07 am »
+5
one of the items I use got buffed.

best patch ever
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2013, 04:23:24 am »
+2
constructable items with wheels were bugged in the strat battles post patch. I.E catapults/large siege towers

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2013, 04:25:01 am »
+1
@Joker: Well sorry, If I pay an upkeep of 4592 gold I expect the damn thing to get me kill...  :P

Light horse I'm fine with that.

I agree 8 riding on the weakest horse (survavibility-wise) is dumb... it's exactly the same problem as the current AGI vs STR problem we have right now.

STR is clearly more efficient and require less sacrifice...

:!:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2013, 04:31:51 am »
+1
NA Rageball still broken...  :cry:

Shortened spear was buffed though... Should I be happy or sad?  :?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:53:06 am by FrugFrug »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2013, 04:36:20 am »
@Joker: Well sorry, If I pay an upkeep of 4592 gold I expect the damn thing to get me kill...  :P

I guess I am right if I assume that you are only joking, but just to prevent some smartasses of actually believing that philosophy:

You pay the upkeep for the higher mobility, which is an incredible advantage on the battlefield. It protects you, allows you to pick your targets, allows you to avoid dangerous opponents and makes your attacks deadlier by adding a good amount of speed bonus. I guess that's enough advantages for your money. Getting kills as reward for keeping [W] pressed is kind of lame  :P
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2013, 04:38:01 am »
+3
You missed the point of that horse entirely, Anders. It's a horse mainly for lancers, and I mean the particularly skilled ones. If you don't get hit you don't need as much survivability. So now there's a fast and mobile horse that fills a niche that crpg was lacking. Also, your post seems likely QQ because you aren't able to have everything you want and ride an amazing horse at the same time.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2013, 05:05:40 am »
You missed the point of that horse entirely, Anders. It's a horse mainly for lancers, and I mean the particularly skilled ones. If you don't get hit you don't need as much survivability. So now there's a fast and mobile horse that fills a niche that crpg was lacking. Also, your post seems likely QQ because you aren't able to have everything you want and ride an amazing horse at the same time.

Arabian is much the same as this new horse. Even though you have 3 more speed and 1 more riding, your net gain is not as high as the arabian MANUVER AND SPEED. Arabian, under a skilled horseman, can pull off dimes. But that's really playstyle and opinion.

So lets go with this, a BARE MINIMUM lancer build for this horse.
(click to show/hide)

You have 13 points left over. 13, that's alright, but you can do only 1 thing, Ride and hit with 4 PS. Even with SPEED bonus, a Lancer who's 15/21 gets a greater benefit to combat(as PS will be Higher, and WPF only slightly lower) and does more damage.

So, lets say you go 15 str. You lose 6 points from conversions, and 1 from PS conversion, leaving you with 6 points. Mind you, you have no Ath, no IF, low(ish) strength. 6 points left, you can go either Ath or IF(the most reasonable choices left for you), you could, if you really wanted go WM but that's preference on how much WPF you want.

So assuming the build I said uses a Mix of Ath/IF.
(click to show/hide)

Now compare to this:
(click to show/hide)
Or....
(click to show/hide)

I mean, by FORCING 24 Agi on someone(anyone) you've pretty much forced them into a glass cannon(at best) role. Where as the 21 Agi horseman  can not only play as well as(and better, even) than the 24 agi, he gets a horse with more HP, ARMOR, CHARGE, MANUEVER, and IS CHEAPER(the Arabian), Compared to the Eastern which has only TOP SPEED on the other horse.  In addition, Balancing based on the "Best Players" is by far the most screwed up thing I have EVER heard. Crpg isn't balanced by the top teir, it's balanced by the normal, average player.

You get better skill points, a "Better" horse, and Better character at 21 Agi. In addition, stacking Agi doesn't give the benefit that stacking strength does, and as a 24 Agi player, if you get a no/bad horse map, 80% of your build is GONE. It's nice that the horse is as good as it is, it just will never get it's use in. Practicality, Expediency and Experience of any horseman could tell you that high agi lancing is very bad. You haven't played Cav in a long time have you?

Also, as you may not know, lance difficulty is 10 so that means that they need at minimum a 10-24 build to use that horse and get ANYTHING out of it.(other than maybe using 2 couch only lances and Light lances)

Going to make a small edit here: At high levels, this horse is probably more than fine, but that should not be the balance limit. You should balance at level 30-31.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:17:56 am by Lt_Anders »