Author Topic: Italian Falchion 0 slot.  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
Re: Italian Falchion 0 slot.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 02:57:24 am »
The Italian Falchion is short, but it's just behind the Military Cleaver (and now ties with the Grosse Messer) as being the strongest 1h sword in terms of damage. Also, unlike the Military Cleaver, it's extremely fast for how damaging it is and has a thrust.

How is it in any way balanced if such a weapon becomes 0 slot?

You trying to say thrust is even useful at all? An archer with 1 WPF in 1 handed? I always and I say always bounce off like my sword is rubber. Please.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 04:15:08 am »
You trying to say thrust is even useful at all? An archer with 1 WPF in 1 handed?

Not everyone who uses an Italian Falchion is an archer with 1wpf in 1 handed, and having a thrust animation, even a weak one on a short weapon, can be useful for when you're rapidly feinting or have a major athletics advantage on an opponent.

I agree with Zlisch that the Italian Falchion is one of the best 1h weapons and that there's pretty much no justification from a balance standpoint for making it 0 slot.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 01:19:24 pm »
+2
I agree with Zlisch. The Italian Falchion is really good in comparison to other 1h and not deserving of a 0-slot buff. I use it myself.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 03:10:04 pm »
Not everyone who uses an Italian Falchion is an archer with 1wpf in 1 handed, and having a thrust animation, even a weak one on a short weapon, can be useful for when you're rapidly feinting or have a major athletics advantage on an opponent.

I agree with Zlisch that the Italian Falchion is one of the best 1h weapons and that there's pretty much no justification from a balance standpoint for making it 0 slot.
Stabbing is much easier with short 1hs too, so even with the 21 pierce and my usual agibuild I could still confidently thrust with it, and I was a lot worse at 1h stabbing back then than I am now.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 03:53:30 pm »
Indeed the italian falchion needs some love, i approve of this suggestion.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 05:40:32 pm »
Why don't you head on irc and slap one of the gm's around and see what they think? At least you may get some sort of shallow answer that might satisfy yall.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 04:20:46 am »
was tempted to loom it cause it's really a monster 1h weapon (very fast/37cut dmg loomed) , i just preferred the grosse messer cause of lenght.
it's a no for me sorry analgulf  :mrgreen:

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 07:11:42 am »
+1
Either way we have 1 WPF in 1handed.

Lol why? I mean, with 6 WM @ level 30 you could get 154 Archery 1 One-hand.. or you could do 150 Archery 50 One-hand. The bonus to min average damage is worth way, way more than 4 more prof in Archery, there's basically no reason not to take just a FEW points off and put it into a melee  prof if you have any PS at all.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 09:42:21 am »
Lol why? I mean, with 6 WM @ level 30 you could get 154 Archery 1 One-hand.. or you could do 150 Archery 50 One-hand. The bonus to min average damage is worth way, way more than 4 more prof in Archery, there's basically no reason not to take just a FEW points off and put it into a melee  prof if you have any PS at all.

for an archer his draw speed is essential. I use a MW Bow most of the time and I can get hit by a rus bow and still out draw his next shot and shoot him in the head. This is why I have  1 WPF in 1 handed.Draw speed is a must for archery.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 09:50:12 am »
You trying to say thrust is even useful at all? An archer with 1 WPF in 1 handed? I always and I say always bounce off like my sword is rubber. Please.
1  handed stabs dont bounce like they used to

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 03:31:07 pm »
for an archer his draw speed is essential. I use a MW Bow most of the time and I can get hit by a rus bow and still out draw his next shot and shoot him in the head. This is why I have  1 WPF in 1 handed.Draw speed is a must for archery.

Yes, draw speed is essential, but I'm not convinced that 4-10 points more in Archery is of equal or greater value to the 50-70 points you could get in melee for those same points instead. 4 more points has got to be like .05% percent faster or something equally minimal, doesn't it?
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 03:39:50 pm »
The pasta cutter doesn't need any buff.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 09:05:01 pm »
+1
Devs really opened a can of worms with the 0-slot 1-handers. Where do you draw the line? Personally, I'd separate 1-handers into two groups; those with 'top-tier' stats and those with sub-top-tier stats. The top tiers would be 1-slot, the rest 0-slot. For instance, Italian Falchion is balanced with the top-tier axes, so it's top tier and should be 1-slot.

Spiked Mace, Sword, Fighting Pick, One Handed War Axe, etc are all clearly inferior than more expensive options in their respective categories, so they should be 0-slot. Same goes in 2h: Practice Longsword and the 3 cheapest 2h axes have inferior stats and should be 1-slot. Same thing in Polearm; the weakest forks, voulge, and maybe a few others should be 1-slot.

Then the totally crappy weapons (including the old 0-slot weapons like hammer/hatchet/dagger/etc) should get a "sidearm" slot of their own, so people can carry one for pure vanity purposes, or use a 1-slot bow with 3 stacks of arrows or whatnot.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 08:58:16 pm »
+1
Devs really opened a can of worms with the 0-slot 1-handers. Where do you draw the line? Personally, I'd separate 1-handers into two groups; those with 'top-tier' stats and those with sub-top-tier stats. The top tiers would be 1-slot, the rest 0-slot. For instance, Italian Falchion is balanced with the top-tier axes, so it's top tier and should be 1-slot.

Spiked Mace, Sword, Fighting Pick, One Handed War Axe, etc are all clearly inferior than more expensive options in their respective categories, so they should be 0-slot. Same goes in 2h: Practice Longsword and the 3 cheapest 2h axes have inferior stats and should be 1-slot. Same thing in Polearm; the weakest forks, voulge, and maybe a few others should be 1-slot.

Then the totally crappy weapons (including the old 0-slot weapons like hammer/hatchet/dagger/etc) should get a "sidearm" slot of their own, so people can carry one for pure vanity purposes, or use a 1-slot bow with 3 stacks of arrows or whatnot.
This is pretty much my view of things too. Only thing I'd want to add to this is that there also should be more 3 slot items (and 2 slot 1hs). Making them slightly better than the 2 (or 1) slot versions, but thus keeping them for pure classes anyway. Do this together with a small buff to hybrids and we'll get much more variety and fun on the battlefield.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 11:31:37 pm »
http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/1-5-slot-items/

This is an old topic and idea but was overlooked or ignored by the devs it is worth consideration.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.