Author Topic: Ronin's Maps  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Ronin's Maps
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 09:52:24 pm »
I'm not in edit mode, and I already made the outer terrain water on 4 sides. There are 2 problems basically. The water is super transparent. The other prob is, as you can see the sides of the map look like exactly like the sky (with all those stars). Maybe it will solve itself once the transparency is gone, but I'm not sure how to solve that too.

By the way, I want to make a sea-city. Sea will be a  factor for this map, I have to solve this issue :)

Edit: Just saw this map on server. It has the same issue:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:08:16 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Ronin's Maps
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 09:28:50 pm »
I have been checking out Gladiator Arena. First of all, you have Entry Point 1 instead of 0. Spawns for battle are 0 and 32. Made that same mistake myself. You also only have a one entry point for MotF. I am not sure if that will make it spawn at that one entry point every time. It might also spawn it randomly sometimes. In any case to be safe I would just but Entry Point 68 and 69 in there as well.

The map is very large, with obstacles scattered around everywhere. I am afraid the map will be a little unfocused with teams spreading out all over the place. It will be interesting to see what the players will do with it, where the people will go. I'm going to give it a go on the server. There are a few things you need to fix though.

(click to show/hide)
This little area, it has a very small access point which might very well lead to people camping in here. But the main thing is that it doesn't really go anywhere or serve a purpose. The stairs do not connect, but moreover there is no way to actually get up any of these stairs, although I am not as crafty parkour wise as some of the ranged players. Maybe you forgot to finish this area or something, but in it's current state I'd close it off. Just a place to hide/camp.

(click to show/hide)
You have two of these towers and they are too stronk. If a few ranged stay up there they will be extremely hard to get off. The staircase is too thin to effectively dodge or push with multiple people. Anyone without a shield can't do shit about such a camp situation. Ranged up there would be invincibru to everything but shielders. Make the staircases wider, the towers lower or remove them all together. Try not to create dead end camp spots that are going to be frustrating towards the end of the round.

(click to show/hide)
Bumpy terrain looks weird and is bad for cav. In the ground elevate section there is a great option called smooth. Click it, set radius to 5-10, hardness to 0 and weight 0.10 or something and click on every pointy bit of terrain you see to get it nicely smoothed out. You should check the entire map for such terrain and smooth it out. Smooth tool is your friend :wink:

If these 3 things get fixed I will add it to the rotation. Apart from that there is some unimportant nitpicky OCD stuff that I noticed:

(click to show/hide)

Hope you haven't given up on mapping.