41 (41.4%)
No
36 (36.4%)
Only stats
15 (15.2%)
Only looms
7 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Free stat and Loom Respec  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: Free stat and Loom Respec
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 07:27:58 pm »
No to the invention of toilet paper, we wiped our asses without it before. There is something called "banana leafs".

And I wouldnt mind using them. Free Respec is QQ only

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 07:31:36 pm »
+1
I suppose if you respec looms, you would also respec gold, right? Otherwise people will just start selling their looms to hoard as much gold as possible before it happens, and people who have hoarded it would be at an advantage.

If you loom, you should consider:
What about the people who paid a few million gold to get a free respec recently?
What about the people who have been marketplace whores and have many more looms than they should? (I am not one of those, got gen 11 and only 9 looms)

Any respec of that kind would screw them over. Maybe it is worth it, but I do not think so.
This is a beta, things change (and if they do not change, people complain). Live with it (or quit). Tough luck if you got screwed with this or that, but life is not fair. You knew it could happen at any point. None of these changes is drastic enough to warrant a respec imo. It is just a simple rework that does not make anything completely obsolete (maybe slightly UP compared to the previous situation), and will probably change again.
Now you can retire for increasingly higher (Fibonacci) numbers of looms, you can use the marketplace to get respecs, you can trade items around.
A respec would simply not be in place imo. Maybe a year ago, when all you could do was retire for 1 loompoint or nothing, but not now.

I see no problems in free respecs and loom resets after every patch.

I see everyone looming the FoTM items, with no thought whatsoever into what they are.

Looms were meant to be something personal. You should have it because you like the item, not because you are a min-maxer. If you are a min-maxer, I say deal with it, you knew it would eventually happen. QQ all you want, but adapt or quit. Simple life.

Just a random collection of thoughts. Probably some repeated and some might not make much sense, but I am in a rush and  believe that this needed saying.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 07:32:43 pm »
I don't think there is any need for a loom respec.  Anything that was nerfed was most likely OP to begin with or at least in need of some adjustment.  This is the price you paid for enjoying top tier items while they were still top tier.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Equal

• Earl
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 24
  • Secretly not gay
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Equal
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 07:34:28 pm »
What's wrong with the respec you have now? If you're 34-35 then you probably are pretty dedicated (not to mention already have an advantage over everyone else) to your build, 33 and under and it doesn't take that long to recover from a respec to get back to where you were.

I wouldn't mind a loom respec but you could not be lazy and play the marketplace minigame and get the looms you want anyways
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 07:38:23 pm »
+1
but I am sure there are a lot of people that have had their builds royally fucked.

And there are many people who have had their builds fucked by patches many times in the past. You know what they did? Adapted. There's a retire and respec button for a reason. If you're 32 or below you can easily retire, get looms, and rebuild your character, not much time lost to be honest. If you're post-32 and you're build is fucked, well, you made the choice to risk that by going past that barrier. Many cav and archers who were post-32 have been fucked numerous times in the past and they didn't get a respec, they worked around it and adapted.

Let me make it clear, I can clearly understand why certain people would want a free respec, I do. But I don't think it should happen. People will start to expect it every time there's any change and it's a huge slap to the face to people who were fucked by previous patches.

And as far as loom respec goes, nothing wrong with people playing in gear they like, but the point of a loomed item is that you WORK for it. If you want to loom a new item, do it how it is intended to be done. Acquire loom points and loom it. Or even trade one of your looms for one of them. Sure they'll be popular for the first month after release, but the hype will die down around them soon enough. Look at any other items added. Cough eastern gear cough.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 07:41:17 pm »
I see everyone looming the FoTM items, with no thought whatsoever into what they are.

Looms were meant to be something personal. You should have it because you like the item, not because you are a min-maxer. If you are a min-maxer, I say deal with it, you knew it would eventually happen. QQ all you want, but adapt or quit. Simple life.

Just a random collection of thoughts. Probably some repeated and some might not make much sense, but I am in a rush and  believe that this needed saying.

Faster looming helps the devs recognizing the OP items. I am sure after a few rounds you couldn't put your finger on a FOTM-item any more.

You are actually right about looms, that's why I hate the marketplace so much. Because it actually already negates what you are saying above. Regular loom resets would only increase that effect a bit.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 07:49:20 pm »

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 07:57:42 pm »
You might not be as fucked as you think: http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/i%27ve-had-my-fun/
/thread.

I'm more than happy to lock this useless useless piece of thread. Free respecs and loomresets are so 2010.

EDIT: okay you can vent yourselves here... Just don't fill the general discussion with this.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:27:23 pm by Son Of Odin »

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 09:50:47 pm »
+2
Implement a respec button for the cost of -1 gen  :twisted:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 09:52:27 pm »
+2

If its a loom and stat respec I think that is pretty reasonable.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 09:53:26 pm »
+3

I could use that 9 times and not lose max gen bonus. :D

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 09:53:35 pm »
Two answer the replies I was given to my statement that developing a character in cRPG is a gamble:

- Yes, I consider respecing a waste of time, as it doesn't add anything to the character, only reduces the XP. And some people, like me, don't only play for the playing themselves, they play to achieve a certain goal. Having to respec puts me several steps back, especially since I don't have much time to play. The game needs the aspect of grind and progress to be motivating. Else we could go completely without any character progression, looms and the like. If the game is only about playing it, every new character should start at level 31, gain no additional XP at all, be able to buy all items for free (all materwork, of course), and then only work towards keeping up your equipment. If this should not be the case, and you agree that there should be some progression, then you will agree that standing in front of the boss level and suddenly being ported back to close after the tutorial level is LOST TIME. End of the story.

- And yes, retiring is nice and all shit, but what happens if you have a loom which becomes suddenly worthless? For example the crossbow, what if you have been a 2hd or polearm hybrid with some crossbow WPF? Yes, you can play without the crossbow until you hit 31 and retire, ptting all WPF into your main weapon again or looking for another backup, e.g. throwing. Now let's ignore the fact that you are suddenly forced to play a "reduced" class for the rest of your generation, which is awful game design by itself, I think as soon as your character resets the problem with wrong skills is dealt with. But what about looms? What if you had a MW crossbow with MW bolts?

Don't you fucking dare to tell me "marketplace", because marketplace is only a small compensation for the loss, not a complete refund or fix! You will lose several hundred thousand gold by that change, as you won't be the only one suffering in that particular way from a patch, and prices on some items will sink and raise drastically. How about implementing the feature that whenever a patch is applied and you do NOT own one of the items affected by a nerf, there is a chance your money gets reduced by 150k? Just to keep things fair, so EVERYONE has a chance to lose a lot of money whenever a new patch is released.

cRPG is a game, and games only work when they are fun. The most important part of fun is motivation, and suddenly getting hit by a negative effect without own fault or good reason is the most demotivating thing I can imagine for a game. Letting people invest time into developing their character and then saying "Woops! I changed your character to the worse, bad luck, hahaha!" is nothing else than unfair, and nobody on the world can ever argue against that.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 09:55:32 pm »
+3
I could use that 9 times and not lose max gen bonus. :D

Im assuming it would eat a loompoint upon the respec as well, but still seems pretty fair.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 09:57:28 pm »
+1
Im assuming it would eat a loompoint upon the respec as well, but still seems pretty fair.

Then I would be less inclined to use it.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 09:58:57 pm »
+3
Yup, a button for those who are poor in cash but rich in "assets" and a steep enough cost that it would not be abused, but rather used carefully.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.