Author Topic: "Performance rating"  (Read 2739 times)

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
Re: "Performance rating"
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 06:49:19 pm »
I would like to see score having an impact on performance and not just the sole kd ratio.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 06:52:05 pm »
+3
Jeez, nobody told me that you could just ask for formulas and get them presented to you, thanks Harald.

For kills, does score have any sort of impact on it?
Look at the formulas Harald posted.

I had performance 10 but I did some peasant rape battles where I got no kills or 1 kills, while a few on my team spawnraped 10 kills. Let's see.

1. Score = (YourKills-YourDeaths) - ((TotalKills-TotalDeaths) / NumberOfMercenariesPresent)
2. Min/Max -10/10
3. Final = (Score+10) / 2

(0-0) - ((157-12) / 48) = -3.02

(-3.02 + 10) / 2 = 3.49?

So I get a 3.49 score for getting no kills in a peasant rape battle, where getting no kills basically meant that I am not a spawnraping 2h? I say default score of 10 for anyone without deaths under a certain total kill threshold or something.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 06:57:55 pm »
For kills, does score have any sort of impact on it?

No.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 07:00:22 pm »
I think if you stop going to battles it may slowly start to decrease as well as I had 10 reliability and 9 performance, maybe 8, and now it's down to 7, although I haven't touched strategus in quite some time.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 07:12:51 pm »
Most of the battles where I am ordered to just murder rape the enemy I top the  charts. When I am set to defend a point, I have very low deaths. However, I still have a 6/10 performance rating. So I just ignore it at this point. As should you all.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 07:30:47 pm »
Yeah, at some point performance doesn't matter to you, at least it stopped mattering to me when bagge wanted me to defend Shu Han or any other faction no matter what
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 07:51:30 pm »
I think there is something buggy with performance rating cuz you shouldn't be a 1, that's only for the most awful players who are at the bottom in kills. not people who are reasonably close to 1:1. There is a guy in our clan, Rotfeast, who actually had a 0 performance yesterday. He is a decent shielder and usually around mid-range and above. A 0 is usually someone who is like -6 kills.

I think the bug is related to the fact that Rotfeast signs up for like every NA strat battle and no-shows to a lot that he can't make, and if it's a small one with no roll call the commanders won't bother taking him off. So I think maybe some or all of these (depending on if it's a no-show battle, or maybe a very short battle with a bit of fighting) are giving him the really bad "performance" credit.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 08:06:35 pm »
not people who are reasonably close to 1:1.

78:169 is not close to 1:1.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 08:46:44 pm »
What's required for 10 performance? I've never seem to able to do it o.o
According to my calculations you need 20 more kills than deaths as a defender on the average siege, with attackers losing 1500 tickets and defenders losing a 1000 with 50 players on each side. So let's say 45-25.

Which seems weird, the calculation does not actually use kills/deaths, but kills - deaths.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 08:53:35 pm »
The guy who booted you should be the one getting the boot from Strat. We dont want any nerds here. Counting player reliability and lvl I understand. Counting performance I dont. There can be so many factors that could influence it beside individual skill.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 09:06:05 pm »
+1
Just make a name for yourself and soon enough people will hire or not hire you regardless of what your performance rating is. We have some amazingballz Catapult Operators in c-RPG and they get hired despite their job often murdering their performance ratings.

Performance rating is nothing more then a quick indicator (High is nice, low is... Needs a thought), it is the reliability that most people are concerned with as well as your reputation on following orders.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 11:02:42 pm »
Which seems weird, the calculation does not actually use kills/deaths, but kills - deaths.
Seems quite logical to me since a guy with 100/50 kd is much more useful in battle than a guy with 2/1 kd.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 11:28:20 pm »
+1
Seems quite logical to me since a guy with 100/50 kd is much more useful in battle than a guy with 2/1 kd.
Not a good example. With this formula a guy who goes 60/40 gets a higher score rating than a guy that goes 20/1. I think that with Strategus being about getting the other teams tickets down compared to yours I'd say the ratio of tickets you take from the enemies per ticket you waste of your team is the most important.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 09:35:09 am »
Not a good example. With this formula a guy who goes 60/40 gets a higher score rating than a guy that goes 20/1. I think that with Strategus being about getting the other teams tickets down compared to yours I'd say the ratio of tickets you take from the enemies per ticket you waste of your team is the most important.
Sure it's a bit unfair, but if formula would be k/d(not k-d) dependent(see below), ranged will ruin melee performance to 1 since their k\d usually far more than 2/1(I saw a guy with 50/0 once)
Code: [Select]
Score = (YourKills\YourDeaths) - ((TotalKills\TotalDeaths) / NumberOfMercenariesPresent)

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 10:39:30 pm »
+2
Alright, it seems like we're using the same word, "Score", in two ways here...

Firstly, "Score" as it appears on the in-game tab menu. And then "score" in reference the Harald's forumla. Not the same, in regards to Performance rating, are they? I mean, one uses all damage you deal to come up with its value, and the other just looks at Kills and Deaths, no?

Check out my results from last night's fight. Seriously, no E-PEEN sizing intended - I'm only trying to point out how strange it is to me that "score" (as it appears on the tab menu) is seemingly ignored by Performance Rating. And again, for the record, I only care because this issue can (apparently) keep me from getting into strat battles, and thus having fun.

As you can see, there are people on that list whose KDr were way, way, way better than mine, and yet I "out-scored" them, sometimes by hundreds of points. Look at Anders, Lorden, Kesh, Syls. Are they better players than I am? Certainly. Should their Performance Rating reflect that? Yes. But what's the point of even having an in-game "score" rating if it doesn't change your listed efficacy?