Author Topic: Strat killed it?  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Strat killed it?
« on: February 26, 2013, 01:52:36 pm »
+23
This thread is inspired by a conversation a had with Jackie just moments ago.

Basically i was bitching how everybody is in either Mercs, Byz or Deserters and the fact that they are over recruiting is not good imo.

Lets get one thing straight, i got nothing against those 3 clans, i mean one was started by the legend himself Gnjus, other by my ex clanmate and friend Idzo and Byz back in the day when they were Shoggies were my fav clan ever and still remain to this day and oldmy old friends from that time i have massive respect for . So no butthurt there, id be honored to wear either of those 3 banners.

So why was i bitching? Because the playerbase decreased, we used to have way more diversity then we have now and stacking is not the way to go by any means. EU 1 just dies when strat battles are on and thats what pains me the most, it looks like the strat will be the end of this mod..
The Russian/Polish mega clans have the man power (or should i say the key power) and numbers ar strength. devs did try to eliminate numbers as a big factor but still the biggest faction/coallition will win. fact. hence the "over recruiting" of the 3 clans i mentioned above. i kinda understand that but..

Strat ways a genius idea and was made to keep this mod alive and interesting.now every start is filled with drama and so much grief its really not even funny anymore.
The devs sure put allot of work and time into it. What did they and all of us get out of it? ABUSE! Every strat is filled with abuse, istead of finding bugs and reportig them people make their life goal to find a glitch, a bug anything that they can abuse and shit on the rest of us. i find that sort of behaviour insulting to say the least.

Diplomacy section is a sad statement of what human brain is capable of.

So thank you all for royall fucking up what was supposed to be a lifeline of this mod, instead its become a shitpool of grief and abuse and no wonder allot of the older players wont even touch the mod with a ten foot stick anymore.

Mind you this is my view, ive never poked my nose into diplomacy stuff, never licked devs/admins buttholes and am not "in the know" of this mod so id like to hear people that are more informed/smart/wise than myself to shed some light, or is my view completely distorted?

Cheers
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Strat killed it?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 02:02:25 pm »
+2
+1 to that and amen case closed.

Although im in mercs i dont really participate in strat, i might fight the odd battle but not many, i prefer rage quitting on EU1 when i die because my retard teammates kill my horse or something else, or being shot by archers, stabbed by the thousand hoplites that have cropped up overnight

I wouldn't even call it a diplomacy section, i had a quick flick through the other day and damn that shit is retarded.

As for the abuse thing, ye unfortunately its a deciding factor in most of those strat battles hence why i tend not to play them as much anymore,

For example, Chalbek Castle, - 1 flag on top of the keep so the defenders all run to that making it impossible for the attackers to take it, plus numerous glitches and constant stream of bugs

Much respect  to you Prpavi, although im sure it will get overlooked.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 02:03:54 pm »
+4
Strat never killed anything, everything is fine and I don't even understand what you're talking about.
Relax  :)

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 02:06:20 pm »
+4
This mod is quite old/outdated already and every old game dies at some point since the playerbase gets smaller and smaller. Its true that a big part of the active players is in byz/deserters/mercs, but thats only because there is so few active players. We have 100 players in our ladder, about 30 of these are bannerleechers/friends/family/etc and of the other 70 players we have an active playerbase of around 20, including semi-actives maybe 30.
Thats basicly how mercs where when i joined them before strat 2, just that we now have an armory filled with the items of 50 inactive players^^.
Also strat is more than boring imo, i dont think it pushes ppl out of the game, if they dont want to play it they dont have to, i dont think that even half of us is active there.
Add some new items to the game, that will definitly bring some players back to the game, there is so many awesome suggestions but nothing happens.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 02:44:32 pm »
+4

- Population decline goes for every game/mod over the years
- People join those 3 clans mostly because:
 a) free xp multi
 b) active and winning
 c) popular (due to above reasons)
- Strat is different chapter really and not really the cause of this, more like a side-effect (player numbers dwindling @EU1 when big strat fights are on)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 02:49:15 pm »
This thread is inspired by a conversation a had with Jackie just moments ago.

Basically i was bitching how everybody is in either Mercs, Byz or Deserters and the fact that they are over recruiting is not good imo.

Lets get one thing straight, i got nothing against those 3 clans, i mean one was started by the legend himself Gnjus, other by my ex clanmate and friend Idzo and Byz back in the day when they were Shoggies were my fav clan ever and still remain to this day and oldmy old friends from that time i have massive respect for . So no butthurt there, id be honored to wear either of those 3 banners.

So why was i bitching? Because the playerbase decreased, we used to have way more diversity then we have now and stacking is not the way to go by any means. EU 1 just dies when strat battles are on and thats what pains me the most, it looks like the strat will be the end of this mod..
The Russian/Polish mega clans have the man power (or should i say the key power) and numbers ar strength. devs did try to eliminate numbers as a big factor but still the biggest faction/coallition will win. fact. hence the "over recruiting" of the 3 clans i mentioned above. i kinda understand that but..

Strat ways a genius idea and was made to keep this mod alive and interesting.now every start is filled with drama and so much grief its really not even funny anymore.
The devs sure put allot of work and time into it. What did they and all of us get out of it? ABUSE! Every strat is filled with abuse, istead of finding bugs and reportig them people make their life goal to find a glitch, a bug anything that they can abuse and shit on the rest of us. i find that sort of behaviour insulting to say the least.

Diplomacy section is a sad statement of what human brain is capable of.

So thank you all for royall fucking up what was supposed to be a lifeline of this mod, instead its become a shitpool of grief and abuse and no wonder allot of the older players wont even touch the mod with a ten foot stick anymore.

Mind you this is my view, ive never poked my nose into diplomacy stuff, never licked devs/admins buttholes and am not "in the know" of this mod so id like to hear people that are more informed/smart/wise than myself to shed some light, or is my view completely distorted?

Cheers
any time :)
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 02:51:16 pm »
+4
I will just start with my most favorite topic again:

Introducing Stronghold mode will save this game!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 03:00:52 pm »
+1
Strat has changed the faction scene in this game. Where before most factions were elitist, small and picky in some way and you had tons of clanless people trying to get into one clan or another, now it is large factions that are almost hungry for clanless recruits to snatch.

I still remember back before first strat, when there was this whole deal with Templars recruiting whoever with no requirements whatsoever and people were actually worried about them having as much as 80 members (uber huge for that time) being a possible issue with the yet-to-come strategus (hoho i could see into the future?)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 03:17:32 pm »
+7
Follow the trend, join DtV. A place where clan steamrolling and item imbalance do not matter. Much less rage, much more fun.

Also we need a 100 200 slot DtV server.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 03:22:17 pm »
+1
We have 100 players in our ladder, about 30 of these are ''gingerpussys''/friends/family/etc and of the other 70 players we have an active playerbase of around 20, including semi-actives maybe 30.
Thats basicly how mercs where when i joined them before strat 2, just that we now have an armory filled with the items of 50 inactive players^^.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:27:36 pm by rufio »

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 03:27:48 pm »
+2
Flavour of the month classes killed it, that, and the game has just grown stale for some...

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 03:34:04 pm »
+14
I remember a thriving clan battle scene in spring to summer 2011, there was a clan league and regular Fallen tournaments and also a ton of clan battles on the side. There were at least a dozen clans that could field a strong 10 men team at any given date. Then Strategus came back from a long pause and clan battles got cancelled due to strat battles. Some clans even specifically attacked during events and the entire clan battle scene quickly died. Strat was not a proper replacement and got in the way.

The clan battle scene has been dead ever since, and now we do not have the player numbers to really get it going again, although attempts to do so are much appreciated. With dwindling player numbers the number of active clans reduces, and being in a clan that rarely even has two people in a teamspeak, does not have much worth. So it is only natural that new players gravitate to one of the big existing clans.

I had rather wished Strat to have never returned as it never became as fun as I hoped it would. The clan battle scene was full of good sportsmanship and respect. Strat turned clan interaction into gloating, bitching and accusing them of stuff.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 03:36:11 pm »
pure truth spoken there teeth. those times were somuch better than what we have now.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 05:05:45 pm »
+4
Basicly nothing changes in crpg for ages. There is no revolution and playerbase sees no improvement. Also there are millions of promises which never came true. That's one of the reason why I didn't invest into Melee

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 05:19:52 pm »
+1
I highly doubt most people (who play on EU_1) joining those three clans got anything to do with strat, clans being huge however does make strat more boring.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.