Author Topic: Choose your Hero ( for each class )  (Read 9512 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Choose your Hero ( for each class )
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2013, 03:30:45 pm »
+10
I see many people unable to pick one person as 2h hero

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2013, 03:35:01 pm »
+5
I see many people unable to pick one person as 2h hero

(click to show/hide)

I would call all classes, bar horse archery, easy. 2h is no easier than the others tbh.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2013, 03:56:28 pm »
+3
lets intentionally pick a class that is worse than another and then complain when others use the better class - cRPG logic?
Turtles

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2013, 03:59:07 pm »
+3
Nah, imo it is not easier or better than other classes, it is simply that different classes have different functions. 2hers have a bigger damage potential than almost all other classes (cav hit less often, archers have limited ammo, shielders have reduced damage, a lot of polearms are support, etc), and that shows in the kdr the most.
A shielder can do his job and very easily have 0/3 at the end of a map, if he has been charging the first on the ladder, been the one to charge into the enemy shieldwall disrupting it while taking hits, saving the flag, etc, whereas a 2her's job is to wreak havoc with his big ass weapon. Archers and cav have different roles as well.

Certain roles for certain people. And since a lot of people like to be the hero/have a great kdr/need epeen (not all of them though), it is only normal than many people play the 2her hero (who has not dreamt of being a 1 man army taking on thousands of enemies with giantic swings of a blade) and that many people become good with it. Not OP, just its function in the team.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2013, 04:13:33 pm »
lets intentionally pick a class that is worse than another and then complain when others use the better class - cRPG logic?

Well, I'm fine with other classes being easier to play. After all, why would I nerf myself on purpose then ? I'm more concerned about the general opinion seemingly not acknowledging the statistics.

Nah, imo it is not easier or better than other classes, it is simply that different classes have different functions. 2hers have a bigger damage potential than almost all other classes (cav hit less often, archers have limited ammo, shielders have reduced damage, a lot of polearms are support, etc), and that shows in the kdr the most.
A shielder can do his job and very easily have 0/3 at the end of a map, if he has been charging the first on the ladder, been the one to charge into the enemy shieldwall disrupting it while taking hits, saving the flag, etc, whereas a 2her's job is to wreak havoc with his big ass weapon. Archers and cav have different roles as well.

Certain roles for certain people. And since a lot of people like to be the hero/have a great kdr/need epeen (not all of them though), it is only normal than many people play the 2her hero (who has not dreamt of being a 1 man army taking on thousands of enemies with giantic swings of a blade) and that many people become good with it. Not OP, just its function in the team.

Good point.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2013, 04:22:15 pm »
I have to lol at Tanken picking MURDERTRON as "best strat cav" despite being in a clan/faction with Daruvian, who has been playing very well in most recent Strat battles.  Ganking fools all match long with very high KDs and keeping his horse alive.  MURDERTRON just charges into crowds spamming until he dies on horseback or infantry and usually has high kills but negative/even KD.

I basically do the same thing as MURDERTRON anyways so I'm not even trash talking, but give Daruvian the racist troll MAd Bad second-rate cav player (with affinity towards short 1hand weapons on horseback for no good reason) some credit that no other good cav players are in the game regularly enough that he looks good
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2013, 04:26:58 pm »
I would call all classes, bar horse archery, easy. 2h is no easier than the others tbh.
I disagree with you on the 2h part. But besides that, HA/HX allows for an extremely gay and easymode playstyle (riding away from everything and never advancing unless there are no ranged who could possibly shot you), most don't do it, but a few really disgusting ones stand out, this playstyle takes no real skill and is perfectly viable.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2013, 04:38:29 pm »
+1
Well, I'm fine with other classes being easier to play. After all, why would I nerf myself on purpose then ? I'm more concerned about the general opinion seemingly not acknowledging the statistics.

I'm just mad that no-one picked me for being the MLG top professional hero of crpgs.
Turtles

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2013, 09:25:32 pm »
Best Illegitimate Purveyor of Equine Conveyance: Me
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2013, 10:22:09 pm »
+1
...give Daruvian the racist troll Mad Bad second-rate cav player (with affinity towards short 1hand weapons on horseback for no good reason) some credit that no other good cav players are in the game regularly enough that he looks good.

Pretty much an accurate assessment of me, why I look good, and my play style (seriously). Thanks Smoothrichbitch. I'll return the compliment for internet dick sake; you play a pretty good (yet disgusting) 2h crutch hero. You play a better forums dick though.

I do think that NA only has a small handful of dedicated cavalry that continuously out-do me in Strategus, so second-rate almost sounds too negative to me, but I suppose I would consider myself roughly second class because I believe the only level of ability above mine is people that are astoundingly good. I'm just mostly good (at cavalry, that is--I am pretty much average or worse when I'm off my horse). First class would be someone like Huey Devilize. Maybe there are a lot of NA players better at cavalry than me that I just don't know about because they aren't on cavalry generations. Certainly a possibility.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2013, 10:27:04 pm »
+2
More of 'wow' factor (rate of skill increase, playstyle, personal events) than objectively looking at skill, otherwise many others will fit.

2h- Tryhard Ryden, Wesley
1h- Turtle- Matey
      Aggressive- Canada/Ceihdrikk/Arowaine
      Overall- Saul, Balbaroth
Polearm-
      Piker/Long Spear- WaltF4
      2directional- Kartofflen
      MultiDirectional- BigSandwich
Archer-
      Bagge, Martian, Robin_Longstride
Xbow-
      Silveredge, Marcus, DarkKarma
HA-
      Slipped my mind but everyone in NA knows who I'm talking about
Cav-
      ROH, Huey, Oberyn
Mauler-
     B0nk, Palatro
Any Underused Build
     Palatro, Teeth
Team Player
     Xeen, Ascalon

Best hero-list maker: San

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2013, 10:27:47 pm »
I have to lol at Tanken picking MURDERTRON as "best strat cav" despite being in a clan/faction with Daruvian, who has been playing very well in most recent Strat battles.  Ganking fools all match long with very high KDs and keeping his horse alive.  MURDERTRON just charges into crowds spamming until he dies on horseback or infantry and usually has high kills but negative/even KD.

I basically do the same thing as MURDERTRON anyways so I'm not even trash talking, but give Daruvian the racist troll MAd Bad second-rate cav player (with affinity towards short 1hand weapons on horseback for no good reason) some credit that no other good cav players are in the game regularly enough that he looks good

I did it because Cav is really easy, not hard at all. Also, Daruvian is a nerdsperglord, and Murdertron seems like a fairly good guy. We're also not in the same clan anymore mofugga, KUTT IS BACK. All I do is farm troops in Strategus anymore because it's lost its flare.

But yeah, if Lordark was still around he would definitely get best Cav. It's not hard to do Cav at all, I just wanted to pick Murdertron because I had just seen him doing well in battle.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:32:41 pm by Tank Burner »
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2013, 10:35:16 pm »
I would disagree with San and say that Palatro is the best archer when he plays it. He was wrecking shit, carrying teams, and getting valour when he did it a few generations ago.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2013, 10:45:28 pm »
+2
I'm just mad that no-one picked me for being the MLG top professional hero of crpgs.

We kinda need one of these for cRPG don't you think

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2013, 11:09:56 pm »
+1
2H: Phyrex, he was ogd-like back in the days
Cav: Tommyyy, the reason i picked up a lance
HA: Tuonela, the reason i never got to use said lance on a live horse
Shielder: Cyber used to be a beast
Xbox: DaveUKR without a doubt, glad to see him back

i wouldn't exactly call these people my heroes, but they are great players i remember looking up to back in the early cRPG