Poll

Revert the XP nerfs?

Yes
87 (78.4%)
No
24 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: May 14, 2011, 08:22:35 am

Author Topic: XP Nerfs, serious poll, serious discussion, seriously consider it chadz!  (Read 3182 times)

Offline Daergar

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daergar_the_Tank
As stated, cap the number of times retiring increases your xp bonus. Five or ten times strike me as a quick and easy numbers.

Same could go for heirlooming to be honest; six, nine or twelve times per character as a maximum?

Perhaps even lower the amount of xp needed to retire after you hit the highest "bonus generation", making it even easier to test other builds? Just a random thought.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
You know reading this and some of Tydeus posts, I've rethought the idea of going abck to old system but with an xp cap.  Instead I propose:

"Based on what others have written, there does seem a very desirable solution of just making base xp 2000 and removing all the generation xp bonuses.  Most desirable because no one is really nerfed (even gen 12+ are better off then the current patch) and the feeling of grind is significantly curtailed for new players and getting to level 31 is still enough of a grind comapred to 30 that heirlooms are not going to proliferate, especially since retiring has far fewer advantages (heirloom buffs all nerfed and no xp gain)."
Talked further with some of the guys I play with that are still gen one, as well as brought Aldryk into vent and talking with him about it a bit. We all pretty much agreed on this idea.

One observation that is worth noting, for better or worse, balance seems to be working better than it was post patch. I've seen a hell of a lot more back and forth wins than ever before, sadly though, this takes a toll on one's average multiplier. With everyone's average multi going down, essentially you're getting less xp per minute at gen 1 than you were with the previous system, even though the xp is still 1000 a tic and just as often.

At gen 1, with an average of a 1.5 multiplier for the gen and 2K base, it would still take you 74 hours to go from level 1 to 31. I'd project the average multi now is slightly higher than that, 1.7-1.8 maybe, but that's still a significant amount of time for a gen 1.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:44:29 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
exp bonus?? yes. 400% increase?? no.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
I prefer the ancient system for the reasons stated above. I do prefer a 10% bonus than a heirloom item because I am never satisfied and I change of equipments all the time.

On the other hand, I must admit that people with a high %bonus would still have to fight for the multiplier if they want a XP boost.
No more: "I don't care losing, in any case, I make more XP at x1 than a newbie at x5"

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
10% was too much; I've always thought so. The reduction stands in the way of people who had exploited the retirement system pre-patch getting back to where they were after a few months of grind.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Masterworking everything really gives a clear edge.

If I had the same set but masterworked, I would have +6h +12b and +12l

I would easily add me 20k of equipment value to have similar stats with normal equipment. Furthermore, heirlooming doesn't increase the weight.

If there's no wipe, people that allready are gen 30 and have all the heirloomed items they need will have life much easier than others, without really being threatened of seeing anyone reach the same gen level as them anytime soon.

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Duerkos
I would leave the bonus right how they are now, but increase base exp to 1500. Better for new players and veterans alike!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
mw my ass

when i started playing last August i sucked bigtime. After 1 week nativ i started crpg and i sucked even more. With dedication and frustration i got better over time. I just brought it to a test i ruled full server battle map in nativ with crap gear over 3 maps i was in top 5-10 with 140 players. I got better because i played a lot not because i use mw items. And what i mostly enjoyed the last months was testing different kind of builds.

So please loose your fantasy that a mw which gives you 1-3 points more damage or speed or whatever makes you the imba player.

i now have played M&B 1569hours, 99% in crpg. And i am still not one of the best players, there are many more who are better in feinting and other neat stuff. I get my kills by tactics and unaware players.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 08:42:43 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
i am generation SHITLOAD    and tbh,  i have loomed all my items so only things that remained for me as AIM, is to reach level 35-36,  now   with 7k+ exp  instead 19500,  is IMPOSSIBLE.

there is no strategus
there is no point to retire for me
and i cant level up   , give   back the xp, or give us something to do     

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
actually it makes sense to nerf xp bonus.
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
i am generation SHITLOAD    and tbh,  i have loomed all my items so only things that remained for me as AIM, is to reach level 35-36,  now   with 7k+ exp  instead 19500,  is IMPOSSIBLE.

there is no strategus
there is no point to retire for me
and i cant level up   , give   back the xp, or give us something to do   

This post made me smile. All worth the less xp I gain nowadays.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Masterworking everything really gives a clear edge.

If I had the same set but masterworked, I would have +6h +12b and +12l

I would easily add me 20k of equipment value to have similar stats with normal equipment. Furthermore, heirlooming doesn't increase the weight.

If there's no wipe, people that allready are gen 30 and have all the heirloomed items they need will have life much easier than others, without really being threatened of seeing anyone reach the same gen level as them anytime soon.

QFT
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
actually it makes sense to nerf xp bonus.
Removing all items from crpg makes sense.

See how retarded that sounds? You have to give a reason in these types of threads otherwise your post is completely meaningless and you end up losing credibility for any further posts.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
what about giving 1600 base experience + 6.25% for each gen.
It will as planned lower the gap between high gen and low gen , but still give the symbolic 100 exp