Author Topic: Yo Occitan!  (Read 19844 times)

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
Re: Yo Occitan!
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2013, 04:51:40 am »
+6
The harsh desert sands whined and twisted endless gales against the Imperial Banners as the Empire’s Fist came to bare upon the many villages of the southern forsaken lands. The plans dispersed as the pronged assault took form. Marshalls from each of the Kingdoms took a final watch, reviewing and reciting battle formations, ensuring the relentless finale that was about to take place upon the Occitan holds.

Jaren gathered his engineering squads after hearing the gruff barkings of the Lords of Veluca…
After tonight, the ceaseless clangs of metals and shrieking cries of death would be the only harmony to play out for the coming days…

He looked to the Knight who has stayed a diligent machinist and coordinator, then to the Bard that would lift the men’s spirits from the atrocities which would soon be witnessed. He knew, with the valiant and enduring fortitude of the Velucan Empire’s men the war shall be won.

“Brethren of Veluca, hold strong in the coming days and we shall see this to end!”

Hail Veluca!

*huhrurhurhurhurhr RP*   :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2013, 05:26:25 am »
+5
Pleasure fighting you Occitan, see you in Valhalla or Sessrumnir if you are found worthy.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2013, 05:36:34 am »
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline hamiler

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ham
  • IRC nick: Hamiler
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2013, 05:37:02 am »
Na not yet, so far this shit stains getting me moar laddies to breed/extend my linage throughout Calradia!

Also!

Thank you admins for being so kind and placing the thread back in its proper location.

But...but..but i thoght i was your only bastard  :(

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2013, 06:51:34 am »
+4
Declaration of war was not against nh apologize if you guys did merge with frisia at the same time no offence here we came in the figth cause Hero party called our assistance.We came in to help them because we stick by our words. That being said Hero party declare war on you... So here we are.

Also turboflex you should not worry at all. Figthing occitan include having 3/4 of the map on your side so just keep the smile on sir.

That's fine Arrowaine..

But you shouldn't complain about numbers against you when you were ok with 59 Occitan + 39 Hero Party vs 33 Fimbulvetr.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2013, 07:00:26 am »
+2
That's fine Arrowaine..

But you shouldn't complain about numbers against you when you were ok with 59 Occitan + 39 Hero Party vs 33 Fimbulvetr.

The map is basically FCC + TKoV + MB + HoC + NH + Frisia + Remnants + Dracul + HG + FPF + BIRD + Fallen against Occitan and Hero Party.  Those are the two "power blocs" of NA.  NH sure has it tough.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:32 am »
+2
That's fine Arrowaine..

The thing is Turbo, it was never against 33 Fimbulvetr, and this is why Occitan has stated that they regret attacking the Frisian castle because they didn't know about Fimbulvetr.

It's never 33 when someone goes at you guys, it's you and TKOV.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:43 am »
Smoothrich, when the hell did you become a King? Talking about your Renown, obviously.

I guess you could say those are the two "Power Blocs" at the moment; but they're informal. And to be fair, your list is expanded (for effect obviously). To specify: Fimbulvetr is NH, Frisia, and Dracul in 1 Faction. Same as VE is TKoV, MB, and HoC in one Faction. Fallen and BIRD are also in FCC (not entirely sure about BIRD, but I know Fallen is). While we're at it, we should probably just list out all the clans that comprise together to make up FCC if we want "Super-Effect"

It's opportune for us in Fimbulvetr that VE saw opportunity in Occitan and Hero Party's march against "our lands" and it does shift quite a bit of power around on the map. VE has been left almost entirely uncontested and they have one of the largest member factions for NA (if not the largest?) as well as their members are dedicated to Strategus. They were a big scary monstrosity at the beginning of Strategus, and they've remained that way ever since. FCC--being the only people who could probably rival them, and perhaps Hospitaller (had they not been in a lot of slugfests thus far) were their only real adversaries this map.

I predict we'll see a lot more of Velucan Empire this map, it won't just stop at Occitan and Hero Party (depending on how long that goes on).
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2013, 07:48:11 am »
+4
The map is basically FCC + TKoV + MB + HoC + NH + Frisia + Remnants + Dracul + HG + FPF + BIRD + Fallen against Occitan and Hero Party.  Those are the two "power blocs" of NA.  NH sure has it tough.

We're allied with all those people?

Hot damn!  I didn't know that.  :wink:
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2013, 07:54:04 am »
We're allied with all those people?

Hot damn!  I didn't know that.  :wink:

You're all care bears.  There hasn't been a single battle between any faction I listed in the entirety of this round, except the aborted Remnants vs Veluca war that was 1-2 battles at best.  Almost all of the map is like this.  Inactive, turtles, or a giant sprawling alliance of boredom.  Leaves a few factions with balls, or with hilariously overpowered numbers, to actually attack anything.  It sucks and isn't very fun.  Hope some clans man up and decide to #yolo into some other clans, but this point in Strat I doubt it.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:58:49 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2013, 08:00:00 am »
Remnant (with HG support) did some #yolo'ing but Remnant lost steam :)  They have retired to Tismirr to fondle each other...sometimes we join them.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2013, 08:20:31 am »
The thing is Turbo, it was never against 33 Fimbulvetr, and this is why Occitan has stated that they regret attacking the Frisian castle because they didn't know about Fimbulvetr.

It's never 33 when someone goes at you guys, it's you and TKOV.

All things considered, what would they have done differently if Frisia didn't change factions?  Attack the same castle over and over, while taking 2:1 losses hoping Frisia didn't reinforce?  Or take Ismarala, which, as you can see proved easy to take but also be retaken?  Both?
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2013, 08:23:55 am »
All things considered, what would they have done differently if Frisia didn't change factions?  Attack the same castle over and over, while taking 2:1 losses hoping Frisia didn't reinforce?  Or take Ismarala, which, as you can see proved easy to take but also be retaken?  Both?

Probably let Hero Party get to it first.. they just wanted that one castle after all.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2013, 08:29:18 am »

Not really... as far as i know, Occitan is only at war with us and Fimbulvetr. As to hero party, you guys kinda did it to yourself. Not sure why you guys went after Fimbulvetr when you were already at war with FCC. As for Remnant, are they even still active in strat? and if your gonna name specific clans, you should do it for all parties involved, not just your enemies. If anything, it would be more like TKoV + MB + HoC vs Occitan and Chevaliers, and NH, Dracul, Frisia, and FCC against Jabonra, Semenstorm, and the tagless people in HP. but then again, isnt Hospi at war with FCC as well? So wouldnt it be more like NH, Dracul, Frisia, and FCC against HP and Hospi?
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2013, 08:42:58 am »
+2
i like how smooth forgets when hero party and occitan beat the shit out BIRD CLAN. cause that was a fair fight. FCC provided some support but seeing as we were at war with Hospitaller when HP made its move, we obviously didn't have much aid to lend. but naw it's cool. Hero Party has NEVER been on the side with the advantage, cause they underdogs4life.