Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 98076 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #960 on: June 08, 2015, 09:46:13 am »
Being ironically ethnocentric is par for the course for these sorts of people. They glory in their ignorance and blinkered, narrow, navel-gazing perspective of the world, thinking it's the exact opposite. Cognitive dissonance will never be a problem for them, their entire belief system (yes, belief, it doesn't even warrant to be called rational in any way) is based on it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 08, 2015, 09:49:15 am »
One of the things i find most ironic is that they are pretending to preach multi-culturalism... whilst attacking a Polish game studio and a Polish writer for basing their work in their own culture...

That's sort of the Soviet version of "multi-culturalism", aka no-culture, where actual individual cultures are diluted and mashed into a gray, identity-less blob. Soviets did this by killing off artists, poets and cultural workers, whilst trying to erase national identities and languages. These fucks are doing it by hypocritically calling everyone racist and trying to white-guilt Eastern Europeans of all people. :mad:

Luckly, I dont think you can white-guilt Eastern Europeans as easly. Cause quite frankly they generally dont really care. If it was a Swedish studio for example, we would be screwed. Cause Northern-Europeans are scared shitless of being called a racists and white-guilting them has a massive effect.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 08, 2015, 09:53:00 am »
That was my point. It takes ridiculous ignorance to attempt to white-guilt a freaking Eastern European. Hell, it takes that to white-guilt pretty much any European.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 08, 2015, 09:54:31 am »
I don't really understand why either, it's not like scandinavians had much to do with colonialism or imperialism. I think they're just sadomasochistic on a collective level, Sweden in particular. There's some sort of martyrdom high they must be getting from deliberately suiciding culturally all while flagellating about how they deserve it and the stain of their collective sins must be purged by self-sacrifice. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 08, 2015, 10:02:57 am »
Maybe the events of WW2 had something to do with it.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 08, 2015, 10:11:48 am »
As Oberyn said, have some decency and archive this shit: https://archive.is/MuLl6

Also, the author is comically, openly racist. And I do mean the actual real world race-based-discrimination kind of racism, not the tumblr variant:

I.e. it' s fine if a black person plays a white role, but the reverse of that is turboracist.

Tsk, you obviously aren't up to date on the jargon. In the 70's the american academics from whom this entire delusional ideology spawned had to find a way to justify and legitimize the black supremacist groups such as the Black Panthers (again, note the deliberate ignorance of anything outside the US). They did this by redefining the social "science" definition of racism. Hatred of "white" people can never be racism, it is merely discrimination. Racism is always institutional and systemic. Therefore, black people can never be racist towards white people, because they lack power in any institutions and systems. Of course "institutional" and "systemic" here are meaningless buzzwords, since even in the US there are no racist political institutions, haven't been since the KKK had political power in the South, in fact the exact opposite is true, there are dozens, even hundreds of mechanisms at various government levels specifically designed for the exact opposite, but reality has never been a barrier (I'm not even going to bring up the fact that literally the most powerful institutional position in the entire country is held by a half black man put there by a white majority). There is an undefinable, nebulous, and ever present racism in anything where white people are a majority, their belief in this is as inescapable as the religious belief in original sin. White people are always racist, "POC" (the ironic amalgam of every single non-western culture and ethnicity in one monolithic group) are always victims of this racism and can never be culpable of it themselves, and if they are it is usually a justified reaction to their oppression.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 08, 2015, 10:13:06 am »
+1
It has something to do with IKEA, like everything in swedenland

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 08, 2015, 10:33:48 am »
Any setting that does not reflect the multi-cultural utopia these idiots think they're working towards is verbotten. It portrays dangerous cultural and tribal identifications, therefore reinforcing them. If you are "white" your collective history and past is always problematic. It doesn't matter if you come from an ethnicity that has had it's neighbors attempt to destroy it for hundreds of years. Context and facts don't matter, collective identity defines all.
If there were "POC" in the game, they would not be happy unless they were portrayed as flawless mary sues. Any criticism of "POC", especially from priviledged white male devs, is problematic.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 08, 2015, 12:10:33 pm »
If Nilfgaardians were black, these people would be way more upset. Happened so many times in the past. They are only ever happy if POCs are portrayed as perfect.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 08, 2015, 12:51:04 pm »
Makes me think of LotR where they cant be accused of similar racism cos Return of the King features a person of colour... you can spot him cos he's riding a giant elephant, covered in tattoos with bulging white eyes going 'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, ahahahaha, me like crush skull! Bongo bongo!'. Also his kind are referred to as the 'wicked men', and they removed the scene where Faramir felt bad about killing a whole load of them.

If only Witcher 3 was as culturally sensitive as that... Instead they raise issues of race, discrimination and intolerance without filling their damn quotas of 21st Century western Europe demographics! For shame!

Yes, that's a perfect impression of one of these stupid dishonest cunts criticizing a piece of media with their political ideology on the forefront of their minds. Good job. One guy on an elephant with tatoos is totally a racist stereotype. All the other guys with badass golden plate armor were obviously an oversight, they should've been dressed in loincloths and stonetipped spears. You should probably mention how orcs are totally an analogy to black people too, that's the usual goto. In fact I'm fairly certain I've already seen you say something along those lines on these forums before. I went and looked and it was Smoothrich. I apologize for mistaking you for him.

I agree with one thing, a hugely important scene from the books is when Sam and Frodo are trying to enter through the Black Gate, and Sam starts thinking about these "evil" men, and how different they are exactly to other men, and comes to the conclusion that they aren't. Of course someone who never read the books can safely ignore this and pontificate at length how Tolkien was just a white old shitlord. Also completely ignoring the evil numenoreans, the pirate guys, who are "white" as far as we know, and the northerners who also served Sauron, who have slavic type flavour to their descriptions.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:01:41 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #970 on: June 08, 2015, 01:28:08 pm »
The cunts whining about this represent maybe 0.01 of the people buying and playing the game. Any game devs bending over backwards for these fanatics constantly trying to insert their political dogma in media are wasting their time and money.

Of course when you have ppl dumb enough to keep giving Polygon and Kotaku and all the other utterly useless, obsolete and superfluous "gaming" websites their clicks, it's never going to stop. These places are staffed entirely by culture warriors who believe their humanities degrees are absolute and unassailable moral guidelines, that they have a right, nay a duty, to spread the Good Word. The only reason they write about video games is because video games have become such a gigantic industry with such a lot of reach. They could give two shits about actual video games, they only see it as a useful medium to wage their unending culture war, against the various 'isms which are their equivalent of cardinal sins.

The real irony is that gamers as a whole are and always have been "left-wing" as fuck, and the people attacking their hobby were traditionally the "right-wing" traditionalists and conservatives. In fact the criticisms leveled at people who identify as "gamers" haven't changed at all, merely the type of people it's coming from.

TL;DR: It's a political religion and they're proselytizing. Protip: don't link to clickbait. You're feeding them.

Tsk, you obviously aren't up to date on the jargon. In the 70's the american academics from whom this entire delusional ideology spawned had to find a way to justify and legitimize the black supremacist groups such as the Black Panthers (again, note the deliberate ignorance of anything outside the US). They did this by redefining the social "science" definition of racism. Hatred of "white" people can never be racism, it is merely discrimination. Racism is always institutional and systemic. Therefore, black people can never be racist towards white people, because they lack power in any institutions and systems. Of course "institutional" and "systemic" here are meaningless buzzwords, since even in the US there are no racist political institutions, haven't been since the KKK had political power in the South, in fact the exact opposite is true, there are dozens, even hundreds of mechanisms at various government levels specifically designed for the exact opposite, but reality has never been a barrier (I'm not even going to bring up the fact that literally the most powerful institutional position in the entire country is held by a half black man put there by a white majority). There is an undefinable, nebulous, and ever present racism in anything where white people are a majority, their belief in this is as inescapable as the religious belief in original sin. White people are always racist, "POC" (the ironic amalgam of every single non-western culture and ethnicity in one monolithic group) are always victims of this racism and can never be culpable of it themselves, and if they are it is usually a justified reaction to their oppression.

Yes, that's a perfect impression of one of these stupid dishonest cunts criticizing a piece of media with their political ideology on the forefront of their minds. Good job. One guy on an elephant with tatoos is totally a racist stereotype. All the other guys with badass golden plate armor were obviously an oversight, they should've been dressed in loincloths and stonetipped spears. You should probably mention how orcs are totally an analogy to black people too, that's the usual goto. In fact I'm fairly certain I've already seen you say something along those lines on these forums before. I went and looked and it was Smoothrich. I apologize for mistaking you for him.

I agree with one thing, a hugely important scene from the books is when Sam and Frodo are trying to enter through the Black Gate, and Sam starts thinking about these "evil" men, and how different they are exactly to other men, and comes to the conclusion that they aren't. Of course someone who never read the books can safely ignore this and pontificate at length how Tolkien was just a white old shitlord. Also completely ignoring the evil numenoreans, the pirate guys, who are "white" as far as we know, and the northerners who also served Sauron, who have slavic type flavour to their descriptions.

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #971 on: June 08, 2015, 02:57:06 pm »
+2
poland in the middle ages according to sjws:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 08, 2015, 03:32:13 pm »
poland in the middle ages according to sjws:

(click to show/hide)

Ridiculous. Why would you slaughter perfectly good slaves?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 08, 2015, 04:02:06 pm »

I'm quite familiar with that already, thank you. I just think it's helpful to remind everyone of the not-insane definition of racism once in a while.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 08, 2015, 07:51:45 pm »
Instead they raise issues of race, discrimination and intolerance without filling their damn quotas of 21st Century western Europe demographics!

Don't have any hard data, but I'd say no more than 0,1 % of current POland population are people other than white. So if there's 1000 human beings in the Witcher 3 and one black guy somewhere in the world, hidden in a cave or at the top of the tree, then it's actually correct image of poland demographics  :wink:

Btw, can't wait till someone publish an aritcle which will tell me how homophobic is WItcher 3, cause as a Geralt we can not have a romance with Dandelion :P

As Oberyn said, have some decency and archive this shit: https://archive.is/MuLl6

Erm, what? Why should I give a damn? DOn't click it if you don't want to.