Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 98995 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #555 on: May 22, 2015, 05:01:58 am »
Wait, did 1.03 change the grass? Unless I'm dreaming, it looks way more detailed now.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 22, 2015, 05:04:47 am »
+1
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 22, 2015, 08:36:05 am »
Grass looks better yeah. Also I think your preset makes the game a tad too dark Xant. I use this one myself: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3691/

As for the game, it's simply great. I usually get fed up with sidequests and doing other side-stuff in games really fast and proceed to rush the main story (example: Skyrim, where it was very boring doing side stuff), but in Witcher 3 I've spent the first few hours ignoring the main story and completely clearing out the first zone (sidequests, areas of interest). Dialogue is great and the quests really make you feel like a Witcher, someone who tracks, hunts and researches unusual stuff.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 22, 2015, 08:56:06 am »
Grass looks better yeah. Also I think your preset makes the game a tad too dark Xant. I use this one myself: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3691/

Yes, well, what would you say if I told you I use the exact same preset as you do? Who's dark now, bitch? Your mother, that's who.

GOTY of the year easily though, maybe best RPG ever.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 22, 2015, 09:22:58 am »
I love the amount of items in game as well, so many different stuff to loot and I'm completely lost when I look at my inventory. And I can't brew anything because I'm still missing flowers/herbs, even after going on a flower picking spree.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 22, 2015, 09:25:27 am »
Oh....my... god,

BROAAACH, what have they done to you? Damn I was seriuslly hyped to see Broach again. Favorite character in the witcher series. His face is more plastic than in Witcher 2 and his voice sounds lamer. God damn it! They ruined him.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 22, 2015, 10:22:19 am »
Early skill points and good gear also make a pretty big difference, I've crafted a set of green swords I got from sidequest and got all the skill points from power places and I'm cutting through White Orchard on level 2 with ease. Then again thats how an RPG should be I guess?

What I also kinda wish is that there would be more stuff actually hidden (not on the map).

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 22, 2015, 12:00:43 pm »
Yeah. Remember when Xant said he got his ass handed to him in towns by common thugs. I didnt have that problem. Like in rpgs, patiently scavenge and do most of the secondary quests(those that dont have an absurd level requirement) in the world you are in before you move on to the next, otherwise get ready for an asswooping. Secondary quests given by people who are in the main story are a must-complete. Not only are they fun and lengthy quests, they also give bucketloads of xp, money, decent equip and most definately I think they contribute to the main story in the end aswell.

Tbh the game even putting those extremely important secondary quests right next to those common secondary quests given by peasants is a crime. Some of them probably have gigantic inpacts on the world. Like the one that has you kill the king, the guy whose massively related to the world and the lore in general. Accidentally overlooking something like that might suck.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:06:29 pm by Tibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 22, 2015, 12:21:06 pm »
Yeah. Remember when Xant said he got his ass handed to him in towns by common thugs. I didnt have that problem. Like in rpgs, patiently scavenge and do most of the secondary quests(those that dont have an absurd level requirement) in the world you are in before you move on to the next, otherwise get ready for an asswooping. Secondary quests given by people who are in the main story are a must-complete. Not only are they fun and lengthy quests, they also give bucketloads of xp, money, decent equip and most definately I think they contribute to the main story in the end aswell.

Tbh the game even putting those extremely important secondary quests right next to those common secondary quests given by peasants is a crime. Some of them probably have gigantic inpacts on the world. Like the one that has you kill the king, the guy whose massively related to the world and the lore in general. Accidentally overlooking something like that might suck.
What level and difficulty were you? I was level 3 and the thugs were 25, did almost no damage to them.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 22, 2015, 12:26:34 pm »

I'm sorry but I think finding that pan for that poor nan was an extremelly important task.

I like how much damage enemies do, tbh. I was careless in the fistfight with the arsonist from orchard and he slapped me twice and my health was way below half already. Kinda reminds me of Dark Souls where it's pretty important to either dodge or block the attack somehow and not just soak up the damage.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 22, 2015, 12:39:20 pm »
Wow 25. Extremely bad luck in that case. Where were you? Novigrad, Velen, Skellige? Im play on that default difficulty. Occasionally you can wander accidentally into enemies who are extremely op. Than you just leg it and come back later when you are stronger.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #566 on: May 22, 2015, 12:46:24 pm »
+1
I'm playing on 2nd difficulty and I still have to reload sometimes twice or even 3 times to take a certain opponent or group of mobs.
For example, when you fight the Witch Hunt for the first time... Got my ass handed to me 3 times before I made - fuck that imba reach of that dude with his giant axe...
I never liked Dark Souls because I kept feeling being cheated by game with horrendous stats and levels w/o knowing why.

Witcher 3 does a way better job with that. You see a Griffin with a Skull and the level is displayed "??"? Start running, bitch.
You knowingly hit an npc with a skull, see your damage display and barely made a scratch? Start running, bitch.
There are several indicators to tell you when to run. That I like. And all that while keeping the challenge high.

I'm with Xant - fuck the downgrade discussion - this is RPG of the decade material. Just the love to detail on every single freaking side quest I came across yet... It's just awesome.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 22, 2015, 01:02:09 pm »
+1
I would play on harder difficulties above 'normal' or whatever that setting is called, I started with Blood and Bones or what is it, but I seriously despise not having the regen after a fight and having to resort to bread and water all the time. The fights themselves should be difficult though, I took on a bear very early on and it took quite some time to finish him off, and he hit like a truck.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 22, 2015, 02:15:53 pm »
Wow 25. Extremely bad luck in that case. Where were you? Novigrad, Velen, Skellige? Im play on that default difficulty. Occasionally you can wander accidentally into enemies who are extremely op. Than you just leg it and come back later when you are stronger.
Novigrad and playing on Blood and broken bones.

Really loving the game though, the atmosphere is really really good. Walking through the cities, being able to just roam the countryside and taking random contracts from villages etc... also the only rpg game where walking is my default speed, so much to see and the game is beautiful.

Not to forget sidequests that are varied and interesting. Oh, and all the branching choices that actually have an impact..

And combat.. they nailed it. You still feel  like a badass witcher but it's hard in the right ways. And fun. And feels different vs humans and monsters as it should. And it looks like real swordfighting.

This post was paid by CDPR.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 22, 2015, 02:21:53 pm »
On a phone so can't edit, what skill points from power places were you talkint about Vibe? How to get them?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.