Author Topic: Just curious - why no TDM?  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: Just curious - why no TDM?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 11:41:02 pm »
+1
its already perma night has polestagger and is full of throwers :D a little rain couldnt hurt
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 11:44:32 pm »
its already perma night has polestagger and is full of throwers :D a little rain couldnt hurt
I'd take perma night over rainchance any day, and I'd take polestagger over the lack of jumpthrowing as well.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 12:29:44 am »
+3
I agree, this is needed, to give new players a chance to grow their skills if nothing else.

I mostly play siege because it allows me more rapid opportunities to get into the action, but all the same, I want to learn teamwork, which siege lacks almost entirely...

TDM would give me both!

I fear this is highly utopic. There will be even less teamwork, because you are not afraid any more of dying. That's why you care even less for cavalry, archers, being flanked or whatever. People will press W until they reach each other and then start spamming everywhere.

I am not against the TDM idea (as long as conquest has the higher priority for the devs, though  :P ), but you will see everything there except of teamplay.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 12:31:30 am »
+3
Yup, it will be even worse then siege for cohesion.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dino_Penis

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 2
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: AoW_Dino, Wobot Dino
  • IRC nick: Dino
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 04:10:35 am »
I support this idea, I've always hated the part where you have to either wait for the next round or wait 30 seconds as defenders in siege. I'm more of a casual player right now (I don't have much time to go and wait until the round ends), and would just love to get a kick out of killing people allot in a small allotted time.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 04:31:40 am »
+3
We used to run free-for-all Deathmatch on Tx-Battle before LLJK clan practices when we ran that server.  It was unbelievably fun and relaxing, and insanely good practice for melee, lancing, whatever you want.

So of course it won't ever be added to cRPG.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 07:48:03 pm »
/bamp
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Angellore

• Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 07:58:59 pm »
+3
It's pretty strange this kind of server isn't working for cRPG yet. Currently, all Team Deathmatchers are playing on Rageball server, which is just silly.
We have so many battle servers, including new EU_9 Battle server with 249 slots, which stays empty all the time.
I have nothing to battle servers, but do you really think new players will chose battle game mode to learn to play? Few seconds in game, then wait few minutes for respawn, how can you learn anything this way?
I know there is also siege, but siege is something not everyone likes. Attackers side always trying to go up the walls, die on the ladder, respawn and repeat that all over again, while defending side archers camp the towers, infantry stays at key points in castle with great mauls ready to strike. Siege is just so predictable and boring after some time.
Team Deathmatch would be also perfect server for testing. If you want to test weapons, armors, horses it's the best mode to quickly check how do you like specific items.
And if you have few minutes of free time, you can always go TDM and enjoy a while there. It's something you can't really do on siege and especially battle server.
So why not change EU_9 empty Battle server to Team Deathmatch mode for a while? It can be on x1, I don't think that would be a big problem for people who just want to relax there.
BTW: I don't really like TDM game mode (always prefered Conquest over it), but even I would visit TDM server from time to time. It's always something different, and it's already implemented in game. So why not at least try it?

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 08:03:01 pm »
Good points Angellore

BTW: I don't really like TDM game mode (always prefered Conquest over it), but even I would visit TDM server from time to time. It's always something different, and it's already implemented in game. So why not at least try it?

I would love to see Conquest too...but like you said TDM is so easy to implement.  I do hope they will let it happen at least as a trial.  One TDM EU server and one TDM NA server....
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 11:12:31 pm »
Siege is like TDM. Nothing more is needed.
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 01:31:26 am »
+1
Siege is like TDM. Nothing more is needed.
Different respawn times depending on team, a flag to capture/defend, maps favouring one side with massive walls or the like. I can see how this is totally like TDM.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 03:44:56 am »
Give me Deathmatch!

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 11:08:58 am »
+2
Why not some sort of king of the hill gametype, a flag right in the middle between two spawns, 5 s spawn delay after death. First team to reach x amount of score wins.

Oh and maybe disable constructing forward spawns.

Offline Zox_Fury

• Baron
  • Renown: 142
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • La illaha il'Allah
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zox_Fury
  • IRC nick: Zox_Fury
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 11:20:12 am »
So true , a capture the flag mod in battle area could be awesome...  a lot of strategy and fun could be awesome.

Put the Flag in the middle of the battle ground or like other CTF in MMO in their own base and you have to come back at your base with the flag (probably a malus of speed when you have the flag...)
Subhan'LLAH wa bihamdih

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 12:57:18 pm »
Balance wise, you could get ticks every 15 seconds, instead of minute, but ticks would be 1/4rth less. Each kill would give +1 in multiplier, dying would reset it (unless you got a "valorous life"). If you had no kills or deaths in 2 mins, you lose a multi (to avoid people getting x5 and running to the edge of the map)