Author Topic: how to put an end to the grind whine. mostly all the whine.  (Read 567 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
how to put an end to the grind whine. mostly all the whine.
« on: April 29, 2011, 07:17:51 pm »
as someonelse suggested before, crpg is all about character customization.

so why not erase the grind factor? we'll have better gameplay because people will not be driven mad by xp gaining and multipliers. people will not be driven mad to play zillion hours to get the last MW op weapon of the month.

my suggestion is:

- everyone starts with a fixed level. no more xp. say 30, say 35, say 40. this is a variable to discuss based on how much will be deep a character customization.

- retirement system free with no bonuses. once a week/2 weeks/a month you can retire and rebuild your character. when the balance will be achieved, there will not be too much dispair about a class and another one.

- heirlooms based on won matches (or rounds) say a number. every 30 or 50 or 100 rounds won, you get a possibility to loom a item you have, with the downside increasing the upkeep cost of it.
- heirloom items max number cap. say 6, say 12... but no more. no more insane mad grinders to have all the items MW or lordly or mighty. example you will choose to have 2 MW weapons, 1 MW weapon and lordly body armor or MW weapon and shield, MW shield and armor, MW bow and loomed arrows, MW bow MW backup weapon... so on.
- heirlooms exchange. once a week/2 weeks/a month you can exchange a heirloomed item to another one. if you want to change your build, you can.

- unique armors/weapons/mounts with only aesthetic pleasure based on won matches or whatever goal.

- upkeep should stay. its good.

that's what i was just wondering.

the good side is:

- no more whine. why people whine? because balance screw the classes people planned and with effort and time build (like working) a lot and hard. without the grind factor, players will accept balance and changes with a better mood.
- less tension and less "play to grind" and more "play to enjoy". lesser "damn you £$&£$% dic*h*ad teamkilled me! round lost! x5 gone! damn you!"
- people will be more and more, people will not be frightened or badmooded by disparity. people will be more, play better and less. more time to do other things. you play less, you enjoy the game when you really WANT to play and not when you HAVE TO to grind for the last retirement/loom.
- charwipe? good we don't care... we just need at max to win some rounds to get some looms back.

i took a six month break from crpg for various personal needs. when i left, i was playing for... dunno why. to use my OP 2hander morningstar loomed blockcrusher just to make score. grinded so much that i ended not enjoying the game anymore besides strat battles.
i rejoined crpg 2 weeks ago. i enjoyed playing the GAME. playing CRPG without the stockpiled stress due to grind and to the time loss instead making better things.

i know a lot of you like to play for the fun, for the thrill of battles, for character customization. that's why cRPG>other mods. just please...
now GRIND>cRPG. hope will be cRPG>GRIND
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:19:49 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Wrenaq_Lars

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MonkeyBlade
Re: how to put an end to the grind whine. mostly all the whine.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 07:30:47 pm »
I think this is a really good idea .star and flagged :D

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 01:56:56 am »
oh come on... nobody else interested? took me some time to write it down  :cry:

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 02:34:45 pm »
I like the idear, i would go one step further.

You can change and save those changes at any given time.
You can have saved builds and would be very versatile/free in the choice of your current playstyle. You wouldn't need alts.

BUT, i made that suggestion with the patch before. The answer i got

"This is not WOW"

I am still not sure if the person who said that was able to imagine what i meant.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future