Author Topic: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance  (Read 47136 times)

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
Re: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance
« Reply #495 on: March 04, 2013, 08:52:48 am »
This conversation have started with you posting nonsense about how DRZ is Jesus like clan helping the helpless. Which is total bullshit and you know that.

omg
 :lol:

I am complete idiot   :lol:

bagge, sry for offtop in ur thread)

Igni et ferro

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #496 on: March 04, 2013, 08:59:48 am »
+5
Let me remind you some facts of first strat:
1. Templars had the biggest block ever, consisting of like 5-6 factions both EU and NA
Does this justify abusing the mechanics and attacking them from the sea?

:lol: this "fact" was pulled out from Kesh's ass and sat down firmly in your head with the rest of shit about go drz uif and russians :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #497 on: March 04, 2013, 10:56:16 am »
:lol: this "fact" was pulled out from Kesh's ass and sat down firmly in your head with the rest of shit about go drz uif and russians :P

Vovka is right they glitched out using the transfer mechanic where it used to be around 1000-2000 meters between players and had a bunch of guys without their banner (separate cd keys under their control - all of them back then had to give cd key upon joining drz) but stretched from their position all the way across the map and did a chain transfer where they moved thousands of troops in a matter of an hour or so all the way across the map.  Rather elegant if it wasn't a pretty obvious cheat.  Those members of the chain transfer were not attacked because they had no banner and had normal names, helped to have hundreds of cd keys.  Also, there was no "allow incoming transfer button" which made it easier and also just having 1-2 guys control all the strategus logins.  After the pub crawl and right near the end when they were about to attack irc and guard territory you could see this same chain move into position and large armies instantly appear across the map.

But yeah vovka, is right, we all thought they came from the sea since no one saw them travel in the lands between, only found out later how they had cheated their armies across the map.  Good point, thank you for the correction vovka.  :wink:
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 04, 2013, 11:10:59 am »
+2
But yeah vovka, is right, we all thought they came from the sea since no one saw them travel in the lands between, only found out later how they had cheated their armies across the map.  Good point, thank you for the correction vovka.  :wink:
Oh You are welcome.

but transfer was about 5-10km, + we had fiefs which we could also used (you could change owner from the distance), so we had a 1-2 character between fiefs and almost all of them had tags and  red color.  :P
Also we used that supply chain for safe equipment which magically returned to me from the attacked yalen  :P

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:15:16 am by Vovka »

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 04, 2013, 11:17:06 am »
all of them back then had to give cd key upon joining drz
you forgot to mention passport and life!

cheated, glitched, abused, exploited
<3 forever!

oh wait.. who was banned recently? Vovka?
Igni et ferro

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 04, 2013, 11:29:46 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:33:35 am by Vovka »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #501 on: March 04, 2013, 01:31:02 pm »
That's the worst part, at the start of every Strat almost all factions declare that they are starting with a clean slate and hold no grudges. Then they claim the same area, ally with the same people and declare war on the same people.

So damn interesting.
never did that once sofar and also proposed in strat 2 and 3 to get a random fief distribution right at the start which may counter such an approach of always being at same place and allying with same people.

@Harpag
I have a very clear way for factions joining the CFA, they need to prove themselves and work their way up to full membership and therefor being part of dessionce of war and overall diplomacy which when done wrong can fuck up too much. F.E. that someone would be considered getting a village they should have at least 5 people on the map. Now they can learn about fiefs how to handle them and what they can do there. Then they get tasks like boarder patrol which gives them knowledge about basics like movement requipping themselves, what to do with loot etc. When they want to and have like 5-10 guys they can take over trade carvans and with that gold equip their own armies. With 10-15 guys they get a second village. With 20-25 guys and proven to be active and reliable they would be considered for having a castle which then but alos comes with more responsibilities and with that comes Full Memmbership.
This may not be the best way to tutor new or small factions but it is the best i found sofar.
I don't pressure them to get to a next level, nor that they should make such and such much gold or provide so many troops each weak/month. Everyone everything in his own time. The only real efficent thing about this system is that those factions organize themselves mostly and i don't need to take care of the overall structure. They can do it their own way and CFA if got lucky like f.e. with the Bros, CtogS and others got very well organized and selfsuficient members over time.
We had many setbacks though, things everyone did wrong at some point often gets more often done wrong in this system, therefor i have very often repeated mantras to get some basic knowledge or advanced knowledge depending on task at hand or over all goal to those who actually listen ;)
So the way you offered now, as generous as it may seem, there is no real help included, you don't give fiefs so they could learn about the inner workings, you don't offer them real protection as you just point them into a direction where they can grind down an enemy of yours which then helps you.
I got spreadsheats ( You know me right  :D ) for pretty much every region on the map with what you can buy in terms of loomed/discounted gear which is shared with the new factions and i don't really give a shit if they would give that information to enemies as anyone with a lit of effort can compile those, but who really does ^^
They do ask me as i offered over and over again, all kinds of questions or for help with this and that and i do my best to live up to the expectations i planted. Sure Vovka is right that this also to some extent gives security for my own Faction. With strat 3.0 we had been 70 in our own faction, 100 in steam group and i have had erm an erm secret scouting faction without clan tags and without actual strategus faction of around 25-30 players.
In the end that all was too much to handle and i haven't had that much fun with it so i decided after my clan fall and lost many members i wouldn't want to go that big again, but still in the need of security as you know all the big scary factions out there, alone you don't stand a chance i choose the way i do it now and i am happy with it. I don't say every one should do it that way now because this is morally superriour or shit, but through this strat and through the overall way the community developed or better said deminished i strongly advice that those old timers stop being too land hungry and start splitting/sharing. If you want another strat after this or a fairly attractive strat, you can't only look onto your own outcome anymore.

To Basnak: I'm all for nerfing big factions, but how can you nerf them in an appropriate fashion? I'd like to see concrete suggestions, because to me it seems that the trust and friendship these factions share is very hard to nerf indeed.
but there are ways many indeed, i formulated out already a few times when i find a link to those put it in here.
but only as a small part of that. Introduce a Diplomatic System, give peopel carrots so they use it, give them the stick if they wouldnt. Carrot as STick can be addionaly functionabilities or missing of those, could be higher/lower taxes ... what ever variable is in this game could be influenced if or if not certain circumstances arise. If you at some point really have everyone using such a diplomatic system(fine tuned over all possibele treaties upto freely definable treaties and relations), then you can use that information to see who is working with whom. Balance you can do then by faction/alliance members/fiefs, currently available tickets and equipment for them. However you want to name it then, unrest/taxes/loss of productivity there are then many variables depending on the collected information you can use to trickle down the huge faction/alliances so a) it may not make too much sense to choose that path or b) even if choosen still would be fun and playable c) but smaller and medium sized faction would gain more importance to the overall game and more color and exiting turn of events could be expected.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 04, 2013, 01:47:06 pm »
+3
:words:

Editing!  Line breaks, indents, spaces.  I like your ideas but you need to present them comprehensibly lol
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 04, 2013, 02:00:54 pm »
+3
......and i have had erm an erm secret scouting faction without clan tags and without actual strategus faction of around 25-30 players.
Atleast half of them is my 2nd cd keys all others i think owned by Harpag.
   With love your dedicated spy  :P Give my best wishes to the grandmom  :P
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:34:00 pm by Vovka »

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 04, 2013, 02:36:56 pm »
Become wolve's fool membersheep!
Igni et ferro

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 04, 2013, 04:24:32 pm »
Atleast half of them is my 2nd cd keys all others i think owned by Harpag.
   With love your dedicated spy  :P Give my best wishes to the grandmom  :P
Grandmom took over the section 13 ^^ and does a great job, with this strat some new possibilities erm came into place.

Become wolve's fool membersheep!
The reasons they weren't or in the most cases didn't want to be part of any clan were quite nummerous and who am i to judge that anyways ... some were just friends from playing cRPG who wanted to help or even reallife friends which didn't get into that much of cRPG but still would do a mouse click from time to time. With the changes i also suggested myself and then had been included this strat so that you can't spy anymore that easily within enemy fiefs that spying buisness on the map was reduced. I would have prefered if instead of not being able to spy at all(which was taken out to deminish reasons to attack free traders) it would be possible by contracting none faction members so they could get a new source of income and factions would include those single players more and see a use for them and not just attacking them all the time.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #506 on: March 04, 2013, 07:30:56 pm »
strat killed crpg

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #507 on: March 04, 2013, 07:32:45 pm »
who killed strat?
Turtles

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 04, 2013, 07:43:45 pm »
who killed strat?
factions pussing out? factions cheating? but wait strat dead cant be, noone ever gave me that memo

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #509 on: March 04, 2013, 07:50:57 pm »
strat is for suckers, give back the crpg times of clan tournaments and joyfull fun, away with the silly micro and off hour abuse. strat is the filth and poison that is draining the life out of crpg and its community. end it now. stop being a parasite. and rejoice