Author Topic: Throwing Lance / Shielder Build  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Nasha

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter Nashius, Nashius_IV
Re: Throwing Lance / Shielder Build
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 06:17:23 pm »
Hahaha... I love it!  Throwing Spears all the way!

Thanks Nasha!  Good advice on dropping the 2 IF, to go 5 Shield.  Think this is the route I'm going to take.  Gives a lot of versatility.  Can use the 2 weapon sets you mentioned above... and can go 4 Throwing Lances, if ever need be.

And honestly, while I'd lack a little with WPF... could use any polearm and be effective with 7 PS.  Poleaxes, spears, pikes... and still carry any of the throwing weapons.

I'm also considering a more athletic 21/18 build... where I'd carry 4 Throwing Lances with very light armor (shown below).  But 99% sure I'm going to go with the build above.

Strength: 21
Agility: 18

Power Strike: 7
Athletics: 6
Power Throw: 7
Weapon Master: 3

Polearm: 95
Throwing: 105

You would be lacking in WPF but I don't suppose you would become an Olympic javelin thrower overnight and would be sticking to pretty short range targets :P

That build looks pretty good however it would limit you as to what you could do, no shield available and obviously even less WPF. I'd say your best bet is to go for the 21/15, it's more versatile like you said and if you get bored easily (like me :D) you can switch it around.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 08:06:38 pm »
+1
You would be lacking in WPF but I don't suppose you would become an Olympic javelin thrower overnight and would be sticking to pretty short range targets :P

That build looks pretty good however it would limit you as to what you could do, no shield available and obviously even less WPF. I'd say your best bet is to go for the 21/15, it's more versatile like you said and if you get bored easily (like me :D) you can switch it around.

Yeah, I'm definitely going with the 21/15 build.  High Athletics is always nice.  But I like versatility over anything.  Looking forward to playing this guy!

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 04:40:56 am »
Finally made this guy tonight!  Really fun!  Obviously still learning how to play this build (never played throwing before).  Still need to get all my equipment.  Tonight played with 3 Throwing Lances and an Old Board Shield.

I will say this... "DAMN THROWING LANCES ARE EXPENSIVE!!!"  At 567 gold a pop, and with using 3 in my inventory, it's hard to make money (or should I say, hard not to go broke).  Seemed to take a hit every other round!

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 12:13:38 pm »
it'll get a  bit better once youve gotten that max wpf :)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 05:04:27 pm »
it'll get a  bit better once youve gotten that max wpf :)

Unfortunately, I do have max WPF, at 120... with Polearms at 101.  Maybe should have went less on polearms.  But certainly have experienced the need to melee once I've thrown 2 of my Throwing Lances.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 05:05:50 pm »
imo 120 is good enough what accuracy goes but yes having a little more would decrease repairs :)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 05:00:23 am »
+1
imo 120 is good enough what accuracy goes but yes having a little more would decrease repairs :)

Yeah, definitely find myself killing my fair share.  Honestly, kill-death ratio is better with this build (use 3 Throwing Lances & a Kite Shield).  But I pay in gold for every single kill.  Blood money!!!   :P

Anyone needs a decent thrower/hoplite build... this one seems a good one.

21/15

If 5
Ps 7
Pt 7
Ath 5
Wm 5

101 Pole wpf
120 throw wpf

Weapons:
-- 3 Throwing Lances & a Shield
-- 2 Throwing Lances, War Spear, & a Round Steel Buckler
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:07:46 am by Mallets »