Author Topic: [EU] Erzengel  (Read 11332 times)

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
Re: [EU] Erzengel
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2013, 10:52:15 am »
I'm with blind guy, should relook on how you approach bans.

Would you be so kind to explain this?  :rolleyes:

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2013, 02:00:26 pm »
You should seek out and find information from both side before warranting a ban and give more time for the offenders to defend their cases, an example was a player that was banned from you for poll abusing, while the one requesting the ban kept on insulting the offender for over an hour, but of course giving the fact that the guy didn't speak english very well he couldn't state the reason for the poll, don't get me wrong, I find that you're an extremely good admin but often there is more to the story then you would think.

Not sure how logs works but you could check those.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:08:14 pm by Silicium »
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2013, 02:32:18 pm »
+4
There are no logs for most servers (only for 1, 2, 3 and 5).

Waiting for both sides to answer is neither possible nor needed. Lots of people don't even have a forum account. We only contact the accused player if there are any doubts about the ban request. I also always try to check the logs if something is unclear or suspicious. The vast majority of admins handles ban requests this way. Players can always create an unban request if they feel that a decision was wrong/too harsh. I usually answer them quite fast.

BlindGuy is just behaving like a total ass quite often. He has problems to control his rage and insults other people all the time. If he gets "punished" for this, he usually goes full retard (even if it is only a friendly warning or a mute). He is a very impolite guy who likes to blame other people for his own faults.

You want an example?

An extract of the first message I got from him after the ban:

Good one man, I can really see why you crawled out of eu2 to be an admin. You agreed to do the job of administrator, but then when a dick and his 2 too friends have a little propaganda go at me, you lap it up without even checking whats true. You really need to take a step back, realise that you have not done your job at all well, and retire from it.

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2013, 03:48:21 pm »

An extract of the first message I got from him after the ban:
I wasn't speaking of blindguy, but of someone else, doubt the offender cared to much either way since it was only a one day ban, thought thanks for clearing it out.
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2013, 05:50:15 pm »
+4
Erzengel is one of the best admins :D
For Erzengel! Erzengel is da best! Buyakka!
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2013, 11:41:41 pm »
+1
Buyakka!

Wait... What does buyakka even mean?  :o

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2013, 08:51:00 am »
+2
Buyakka!

Wait... What does buyakka even mean?  :o
my first association

people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2013, 08:14:42 pm »
+1
Aww, Erzengel, aren't I allowed to post a very minor slip of my personal advice on how to submit a banthread as a tiny bit of offtopic in a post acting as ontopic following banthread rules with me being a witness to the situation and all. Oh and Erz, if you dislike my advice, either consider my statements subjective opinions, or look through every post you and Fips have made in the bansection and compare them to those of other admins and see whether I have a point.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2013, 08:31:24 pm »
Maybe mommy gives you special treatment, Zlisch, but everyone is equal here when it comes to the rules. You're not exempt. Baww somewhere else.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2013, 08:34:56 pm »
Maybe mommy gives you special treatment, Zlisch, but everyone is equal here when it comes to the rules. You're not exempt. Baww somewhere else.
Indeed, and I didn't break any rules, so Bjord, yeah eh, go fuck yourself.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2013, 08:38:16 pm »
Indeed, and I didn't break any rules, so Bjord, yeah eh, go fuck yourself.

If posting in ban threads you got nothing to do with is your idea of following rules (which state to keep out of ban threads you have nothing to do with), then you need to look up a few words and their meanings.

Also, insulting is also breaking a rule. ( ゚‿ ゚)

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2013, 08:41:10 pm »
If posting in ban threads you got nothing to do with is your idea of following rules (which state to keep out of ban threads you have nothing to do with), then you need to look up a few words and their meanings.

Also, insulting is also breaking a rule. ( ゚‿ ゚)
Only posts allowed are on-topic posts by the people asking for a ban/unban, admins and people that can provide RELEVANT information regarding the individual case.
Didn't break any rules posting what I posted, and Bjord, I repeat, go fuck yourself.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2013, 08:45:03 pm »
Didn't break any rules posting what I posted, and Bjord, I repeat, go fuck yourself.

It's up to the admin to decide whether your post is relevant or not. As you can see, this was the case with Erzengel telling you in a nice way to get the fuck out of that thread (pretty sure all admins are sick of your constant, self-entitled opinions in every ban thread that catches your eye). You post at your own risk in the ban section.

Basically, you broke a rule.

Oh and reported again.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2013, 08:46:59 pm »
Aww, Erzengel, aren't I allowed to post a very minor slip of my personal advice on how to submit a banthread as a tiny bit of offtopic in a post acting as ontopic following banthread rules with me being a witness to the situation and all. Oh and Erz, if you dislike my advice, either consider my statements subjective opinions, or look through every post you and Fips have made in the bansection and compare them to those of other admins and see whether I have a point.

Nope you are not. We neither want nor need your opinion there. You weren't there so your opinion is irrelevant. The majority of your post also was offtopic.

It is just your constant bitching that is quite annoying and that has nothing to do with constructive feedback (or the topic).

Implying that people can just message me in order to get somebody banned for a longer time is nothing but a bold lie. Feel free to show me any evidence for this.

People usually get banned for one day for: teamwounding, rejoining in battle, constant leeching, rage polling (kickpolls), minor insults and that kind of stuff. Two days if they teamkill or make an unjustified ban poll. If you do several of this stuff at once you might get a little bit longer break of course. You only get banned by me for a long time for extreme racist comments (like DKG_Dragon), faking ban requests or if you have lots of prior offences. On the other hand lots of people only get a warning, or are unbanned after a short time (especially new players).

So please tell me how this is harder than any other admin? You are just mad about me and HRE in general (for whatever reason). That's all. Don't even try to deny it, it is so obvious... Just stop being so frustrated and only complain if you have a real reason for it.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2013, 08:48:42 pm »
And directly from the horse's mouth; there you have it.

You broke a rule. I rest my case.