Author Topic: 0.221 - hotfix  (Read 41535 times)

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
Re: 0.221 - hotfix
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2011, 01:38:38 am »
I am having a really interesting bug that is not allowing me to play, for some reason no matter how many times I reDL the mod, I managed to see an error message when I entered the game in native mode(which works normally still) and tried to enter a cRPG server(forcing the game to install the mod stuff) and it gave me red error messages about missing different race's face textures.lod files?
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Flawless

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Cavalieres Co-Founder and Commander
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Flawless and Cavalieres_Undead
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2011, 01:55:53 am »
Thanks for the quick fix!!!! I like the changes made. Now we just need strategus back :)

Offline Ichi_Uiabuu

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2011, 01:56:10 am »
Huge ladder bug:

1. Equip multi-slot ladder.
2. Throw ladder. There is now a "ladder" item in your inventory that takes up three slots and has 0 ladders in it.
3. Pick up a weapon lying on the ground. This will bump into one of the ladder slots and force you to drop the empty ladder object.
4. When the dropped ladder object hits the ground, it magically recharges back up to having 1 ladder in it.
5. Pick up the ladder, throw it.
6. Repeat.

What had been intended to limit ladder use has somehow become a way to produce infinite ladders. I hope this will be fixed on the next patch...

P.S. I'm also getting a lot of crashes again, previous patch had been almost perfectly stable.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:57:56 am by Ichi_Uiabuu »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2011, 03:32:46 am »
Went looking for the thread to post this issue and this is where I landed from all the links (thanks Mylet!):

Hotfix update applied:
Masterwork Warcleaver - MIA
Great Axe - MIA
Goedendag - MIA

Might be a few more random weapons but those are the main ones I care about, especially my Mancleaver as it's pretty much been my signature weapon for ages now.

Buying the new RUSArmor - Kuyak resulted in loss of gold without gaining the armor.

Will post edit's for any other issues I find.  Thanks dev team.

*Edit:  Round Cav shield missing as well*
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:02:06 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2011, 10:37:45 am »
Huge ladder bug:

1. Equip multi-slot ladder.
2. Throw ladder. There is now a "ladder" item in your inventory that takes up three slots and has 0 ladders in it.
3. Pick up a weapon lying on the ground. This will bump into one of the ladder slots and force you to drop the empty ladder object.
4. When the dropped ladder object hits the ground, it magically recharges back up to having 1 ladder in it.
5. Pick up the ladder, throw it.
6. Repeat.

What had been intended to limit ladder use has somehow become a way to produce infinite ladders. I hope this will be fixed on the next patch...

P.S. I'm also getting a lot of crashes again, previous patch had been almost perfectly stable.

hei, same with the siege shield, yesterday, me and a clan mate put 9 siege shields in one battle round via same method. kinda nice bug, huh?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2011, 11:22:05 am »
Huh? The lancer animation was reverted, Heavy Lance stats most certainly won't.
May I ask why? Why are we to step back to the lance and light lance? Were we too powerful before?
I can answer that question with a big fat no.

My double heirloomed lance has pathetic speed and damage, I never saw you play cav anyways, so you wouldn't understand.

The Whiners who can't pay attention have won today.

Edit: and even if you stand by your position, than please explain why heirlooming a lance is so friggin useless? My future masterwork now only has 30 pierce damage and +blunt, my 2nd heirloom only has +1speed.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:05:50 pm by Magikarp »
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2011, 05:33:03 pm »
May I ask why? Why are we to step back to the lance and light lance? Were we too powerful before?
I can answer that question with a big fat no.

My double heirloomed lance has pathetic speed and damage, I never saw you play cav anyways, so you wouldn't understand.

The Whiners who can't pay attention have won today.

Edit: and even if you stand by your position, than please explain why heirlooming a lance is so friggin useless? My future masterwork now only has 30 pierce damage and +blunt, my 2nd heirloom only has +1speed.

Here ya go

Cav are fine and still wicked powerful.  "The Whiners" haven't won shit today.  If they did your ass would be on the ground playing melee only with no shields along with everyone else.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2011, 06:27:53 pm »
Here ya go

Cav are fine and still wicked powerful.  "The Whiners" haven't won shit today.  If they did your ass would be on the ground playing melee only with no shields along with everyone else.
Wicked powerful, lol. Seems someone can't seem to learn to play. Even an idiot can block down.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2011, 06:29:02 pm »
Wicked powerful, lol. Seems someone can't seem to learn to play. Even an idiot can block down.

And those "idiots" still get run over or couched. Nothing is foolproof.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2011, 06:38:32 pm »
And those "idiots" still get run over or couched. Nothing is foolproof.
Charge damage is minimal, you should know this, if I kill someone with my horse, than he only has like 1% health left.
Couching is very dangerous, anyone can sidestep and slash you and your horse. Most of the time resulting in death.

Like I stated before, only unaware people get hit properly. Cavalry does nothing special in a one vs one, it's even worse than playing on the ground. In fights where the enemy is engaged, cavalry, just like pikemen and similar classes, perform a key role in killing the enemy.

Yet somehow the devs think that the whole class is overpowered. Yet the only OP thing was (and still is!) the heirloomed Arabian Warhorse.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2011, 06:46:43 pm »
Hmn is the new longbow buff made so that archers cant shoot u down in 2 arrows even if u have 75 hp and 56 body armor notice the shots landed on my body not head or legs.... seams kinda op u can kill people with 2 arrows covered in mail and with 8 if....
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2011, 06:49:07 pm »
Hmn is the new longbow buff made so that archers cant shoot u down in 2 arrows even if u have 75 hp and 56 body armor notice the shots landed on my body not head or legs.... seams kinda op u can kill people with 2 arrows covered in mail and with 8 if....

Yet the longbow does less damage to all armour types than the war bow.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2011, 06:49:23 pm »
Hopefully this archer buff will be reverted.

Also the Flamberge is dealing the same damage as the Great Long Axe! Wtf???
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2011, 06:52:30 pm »
Couching is very dangerous, anyone can sidestep and slash you and your horse. Most of the time resulting in death.

I'm sorry, even with 7 athletics my character seems to be missing the jumping combat roll ability you seem to think we have in order to get away from this like you describe.  Also, trying to outdistance a couched lance with my 92 range Military Cleaver is MUCH MUCH MUCH more difficult than you think, to the point where any idiot cav with minimal aim can prevent it.  92 range, in case you forgot.  I can shield ONCE, with 7 shield skill using my heater shield because that first couched lance breaks it.

You know what option I have?  Chamber the lance.  You know how difficult that is?  I can nail it maybe once out of every 5 attempts.  Or do you assume that every player is carrying a pike, or 2h'd danish greatsword of 300 range?

Cav are wicked powerful and if you don't see this then I daresay that it's a case of PEBKAC.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2011, 06:55:48 pm »
Hopefully this archer buff will be reverted.

Also the Flamberge is dealing the same damage as the Great Long Axe! Wtf???

The longbow's 23 pierce is less damage than its previous 30 cut against all but tincans and over 50 body armor.   You probably got shot by one of the few strength archers out there, much like your builld is a strength build where with 9 powerdraw they did good damage against you.  But dodging those archers witht heir slow draw speed and lower wpf is relatively easy, i would just recommend this age-old advice... learn to not walk in a straight line.  I go 2her melee all the time and archers are incredibly easy to get up close too by doing random ducks and weaves or running straight and then dodging just as they notch their arrow.  The few archers with really high wpf that makes them harder to dodge are the 15-24 builds where their arrows don't do much against 50+ body armor anyway.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo