Author Topic: Question to the Community  (Read 4529 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 1714
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Question to the Community
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 02:28:14 am »
He's still a veteran. Players like him are partially the reason why I play this mod. You see someone good and you want to play like him. No more such players for many reasons (one of them being cmp's desire to make it impossible to kill many players on your own). That's also one of the reasons why EU5_NEW is empty most of the time and why there isn't that much new players coming to the mod like before.

And I find it particularly silly that certain players, who acquired a position during last two and half years are so willing to ban someone they are playing with for such a long period.

Bjord as a player, means much more to this community despite everything he said than, let's say, Zlisch.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 02:40:48 am »
+4

Bjord as a player, means much more to this community despite everything he said than, let's say, Zlisch.

hahahahahahaha poor zlisch :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 06:13:21 am »
+3
Thanks for the support, but as I understood it, the length of my ban is due to my previous record.

Anyway, I'm fine with not playing until April. To be honest, cRPG kinda lost its spark for me. This ban just hastened things up. The only reason I'm still here is for all the other oldmy old friends (that without doubt includes you, Murmi, you are a very old my old friend :wink:).

I'll probably mute everything but team chat and then ask an admin to mute me while I'm playing or something.

Also, Tiberius; thanks for your concern but I assure you I have no "personal issues" and I don't get "kicks" out of pissing off kids. Amateur psychology does not bequeef you. As I recall having said, I don't condone harassment and that's what got me the essay ban. Then if some admins decide to bend some standards in favour of my ban, that's another story.

I will admit the insult toward Turkish was unnecessary, but the rest was negligible compared to every day chat activity on the servers.

@Leshma: No need to try to defend me or anything, it won't make a difference. Admins and other verbally hyperactive members of this community already have their opinion or me and I doubt that will ever change. If I care or not is a different subject.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:22:18 am by Bjord »
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 06:33:50 am »
+1
i had no opinion about you, but you kinda gave me one: i actually didnt really know you (didnt play eu1 that much) and one day i see you running around flaming at people. the first thing i hear is: 'i hate YOU too'

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 10:44:21 am »
+3
oh well we all had our days on the servers and on the forums.

sure Bjord can be a douche (we like our douches in this community dont we  :mrgreen:), but why take it to heart like Gnjus said write fuck off and/or mute him in chat and thats it.

FREE BJORD!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2456
  • Infamy: 1774
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 01:22:27 pm »
+3
He might be a douche in chat but at least he's isn't playing like a total douchebag. On the other hand, SB_Veselov is mute most of the time (except when I kill him couple of times in a row and he swears at me in russian language) but his play style is downright disgusting. For me, he's bigger douchebag than Bjord will ever be. But he still has to top DenBitre_Agor (who's not with us anymore).

Btw. this is how french players like to call me, just because they aren't using english doesn't mean they aren't being offensive.

leshmachatte => leche ma chatte => lick my pussy (english translation)

Same goes for russians and turks who are way more offensive than Bjord but luckily for them, most admins don't understand a word they are saying.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:27:52 pm by Leshma »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 01:42:12 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

This is true. Being a sore looser or a downright horrible winner is worse than ingame douchebaggism.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 01:50:02 pm »
+1
silly frogs
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 01:59:24 pm »
+1
zlisch is a hypocrit and a parasite himself, bjords ban is a huge overreaction imo, and a long term mute or something in that direction would have been more fitting.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 02:29:25 pm »
+5
zlisch is a hypocrit and a parasite himself, bjords ban is a huge overreaction imo, and a long term mute or something in that direction would have been more fitting.

When you've accumulated a ton of offences it doesn't matter whether you're doing a small or big offence, the penalty will be much more severe, because obviously the previous penalties did not get the message through. Especially anyone who's been perma-banned or essay-banned is on an extremely short "leash".

In general the moderation of this community is much more lenient than other established communities, the amount of chances and good will here is truly something else, usually troublemakers are instantly shunned instead of given multiple chances.

I too would personally prefer a global mute, though that of course doesn't protect against griefing just abuse.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2013, 04:32:41 pm »
thats my point, bjord has some major issues with going tofar with chat abuse, but ingame teamhitting and tking and the such is not the issue as far as i know. ah well a punishment had to be made nevertheless

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2142
  • Infamy: 1398
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2013, 04:58:12 pm »
+1
Both me and you, Rufio, have similar episodes like Bjord. Maybe not so extreme, but I admit I'm not much better than him when it comes to chat rage. His problem is that whenever he does that, some admin is online (usually Tenne) :D

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2013, 06:12:12 pm »
+5
Would you be fine with permanently getting rid of some veterans who can often be a nuisance?
Yes, I don't know why you seem to think that being a longtime player entitles you to some special treatment or makes you indispensable. You deserved a ban, count yourself lucky it wasn't a complete permaban I guess.

You are being defended by Berenger and Leshma, that should tell you something. If you were some funny troll or something, but all the shit you spew out is caused by your narcissistic personality disorder.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2013, 06:41:58 pm »
+4
I've heard worse on the forums then what Bjord says in game. I've heard much worse on NA too. He does need to tone it down though, but I would like to see him back.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2013, 11:20:15 pm »
+1