Author Topic: Sellswords, Yeomen for Hire, Free Lancers, Frisia needs you!  (Read 1152 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Sellswords, Yeomen for Hire, Free Lancers, Frisia needs you!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 07:27:07 pm »
It wouldn't have been so bad if the one wall we could have scaled, without terrible terrain below, didn't have a ladder high above going from one tower to another.

Never seen it before, but it effectively made it impossible to put ladders up to the wall with the ladder hanging high above.  Even if our ladders were 10-20 feet below the ladder above, they'd get stuck.  Would be nice if that was fixed, but I won't even bother suggesting it in the right place, as it would be a waste of 30 seconds.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Sir_Winston_Churchill

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisian Freedom
  • Game nicks: MC_of_Frisia
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 07:49:39 pm »
+1
I spec-ed it for a while last night and though it was absolutely brutal, it was quite like a real medieval siege. I mean there's a reason that armies would SIEGE a castle instead of assaulting it. Castle walls can give a force multiplier in factors of ten if implemented correctly (such as they were last night). Albeit, that castle was more difficult than most, it did EXACTLY what a castle is supposed to do, be nigh-impregnable.

Now if you want to avoid the castle walls the attackers could use Medieval siege tactics and ignore the castle, cut it off from reinforcement and force the defenders to sally out when they begin to run out of gold. In addition, the attackers could take easier to capture fiefs and force field battles that way.

My overall point is that defense is SUPPOSED TO BE EASIER. In order to attack, the aggressor needs to MASSIVELY outweigh their opponent if they wish to directly take a castle. Otherwise they have to do what the medieval armies did and drain the blood from the enemy by taking their villages and forcing a battle on open ground.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 11:20:39 am »
8am fight, sorry guys, can't do much about night-time settings when we need to attack someone at midnight or later or they'll get away/get reinforced.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=2116

Well-performing mercs will be paid strat or cRPG gold for attending. Last time like 3 people requested gold. Request how much gold you think you'll deserve (fuck sake dont be stupid about it) and that'll let me know you want some.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?