Author Topic: needed tweaks  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: needed tweaks
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 01:11:04 pm »
+1
rufio you need to shut your mouth.

God all you 2hander my old friends get on my nervs when you cry about how OP all other classes are.

Funny that you say that considering all the nerf threads you make which atleast to me most of them are completely stupid.

Knockdown does need some tweaking, that damn barmace.. i swear it knocks me over 99% of the time. As for one handers i think flanged mace has a good percentage of knockdown, atleast from experience using it, it doesnt knockdown often enough to be op but still does from time to time. I dont think the knockdown should increase with weight, instead all be the same as the flanged maces %, and maybe buff the speed/damage a bit to compensate.

Throwing should not be nerfed, it is good as it is.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 01:11:16 pm »
+3
you arent sensing me, your brain is sensing itself and is working hard to figure out how to be a little cunt in its next glorious move of bs posting.

Someone is really really mad.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 01:13:40 pm »
+2
Funny that you say that considering all the nerf threads you make which atleast to me most of them are completely stupid.

Knockdown does need some tweaking, that damn barmace.. i swear it knocks me over 99% of the time. As for one handers i think flanged mace has a good percentage of knockdown, atleast from experience using it, it doesnt knockdown often enough to be op but still does from time to time. I dont think the knockdown should increase with weight, instead all be the same as the flanged maces %, and maybe buff the speed/damage a bit to compensate.

Throwing should not be nerfed, it is good as it is.

Fixing pike/lspear hug thrust and lolstab stupid??

Oh yeah!! You are 2hander..

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 01:16:11 pm »
because 2handers have to press 1 button to kill every thing they have secret cheat instagib skill. go fuck yourself panos shitnab fuck shit.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 01:17:43 pm »
+2
+1 feels like i get knocked down more often by 1handers then 2h, pole and horses combined.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 02:55:31 pm »
+6
Ye, because you more likely die when a blunt 2h hits you compared to a blunt 1h. This thread is so full of final stage lobbyism, it ain't even funny anymore. I mean, don't you see that? Even if one is a completely reason-resistant lobbyist for his own class, he should see the retarded lobbyism from the other classes and that should make him think: If they are that blind, maybe I am blind too? Maybe listen more to those who play all classes evenly without bias.

I do. I think knockdown is fine as it is. Same for throwing. With the exception that I think that we need jump throwing back.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:05:41 pm by Paul »

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 03:00:39 pm »
+1
Yea lets nerf throwing to the ground again, lets fuck up those 5 people who actualy use it on a regular basis  :rolleyes:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 03:04:08 pm »
Fixing pike/lspear hug thrust and lolstab stupid??

Oh yeah!! You are 2hander..

2her? huh.. last time i checked i was a hoplite..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 03:32:28 pm »
+3
Ye, because you more likely die when a blunt 2h hits you compared to a blunt 1h. This thread is so full of final stage lobbyism, it ain't even funny anymore. I mean, don't you see that? Even if one is a completely reason-resistant lobbyist for his own class, he should see the retarded lobbyism from the other classes and that should make him think: If they are that blind, maybe I am blind too? Maybe listen more to those who play all classes evenly without bias.

I do. I think knockdown is fine as it is. Same for throwing. With the exception that I think that we need jump throwing back.

I'm sure I come across as a huge lobyist, but for me I consider intra melee balance very separately from melee/range melee/cav balance. They're whole separate balance issues and its not really fair to disregard people's points like they're anti everything thats not their class just because they have strong views on certain aspects. I'm sure others feel similarly too when it comes to melee vs melee balance. In the OP he even says "especially" for 1 handers, implying a general nerf to knockdown.

I don't have strong views on particular melee vs melee balance, I think its not too bad. But I do think knockdown with 1 handers/mace can be silly atm. For a 2 hander or polearm you have to weigh the pro's/con's of Unbalanced stat, slower weapon speed, no shield breaker stat etc. 1 handers are never slow whether you put wpf into them or not and their length is generally very comparable to other 1 handers with similar damage. If you want knockdown you don't really sacrifice much for it, and it does very good damage to higher armour guys and the speed means you are more likely to get extra hits in which means more chances to proc knockdown, and more hits while someone is knock down. Its also the preferred weapon type for most ranged just because a random knockdown can save your life and allow you to run away or finish someone off, and because there isn't much of a trade off for not having some knockdown chance. I put Mace in the same category since its virtually a 1 hander anyway just with 2 hand wpf.. To me its a little too strong for whats used by highly defensive characters like shielders or ranged. I never liked knockdown as an ability anyway, it its nerfed for 1 handers I'd be happy for it to be nerfed for all melee if it must be

In the scheme of things though its a more minor balance point to me
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:36:06 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 03:50:45 pm »
Yea lets nerf throwing to the ground again, lets fuck up those 5 people who actualy use it on a regular basis  :rolleyes:

you havent been on eu1 lateley have you, nearly all classes played are ranged, or hybrid ranged. cav.

also sidenote to paul, i might be biased,  but i play most classes myself, and i am posting this with global ballance in mind.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 04:02:30 pm »
Yea there is a lot of ranged: archers & xbowmen. You will never see more than 2 or 3 dedicated throwers, unless some clan is trolling with STF alts

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 04:05:05 pm »
+6
Rufio your ability to call 1h hammers OP when 2h have barmaces and poles have poleaxes is baffling.

It's like you are crying because there exists 1h weapons that can kill in less than 10 hits. How dare them ? Nerf that shit !

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 04:42:19 pm »
i play one hander most of the time, and long ago ive concluded you are a nab kafein. your arguments are totally irrelevent , and your statements are pure stupidness and very over exagarated thus far.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 04:43:15 pm »
+4
you havent been on eu1 lateley have you, nearly all classes played are ranged, or hybrid ranged. cav.

also sidenote to paul, i might be biased,  but i play most classes myself, and i am posting this with global ballance in mind.
7PT, 120 wpf, MW throwing lances... I am lucky if people die by 2 body hits with those stats. Most keep standing after 3... so piss off with throwing doing too much damage while 2 2h-sideswings finish 80% of playerbase.

[...] Same for throwing. With the exception that I think that we need jump throwing back.
I hope that you're annoying cmp with this all day cuz it actually breaks a lot of game play for throwers and screws them sideways on top of it. We lack accuracy, we lack ammo and sometimes the damage is a joke when even a head shot isn't a kill. Being able to jump-throw over the first line of infantry is vital for throwers!
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 05:33:50 pm »
+3
i play one hander most of the time, and long ago ive concluded you are a nab kafein. your arguments are totally irrelevent , and your statements are pure stupidness and very over exagarated thus far.

rufio you are clearly mad, you start insulting everyone who disagrees with you.

Clearly mad.