Author Topic: New admins.  (Read 5418 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: New admins.
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 03:06:24 pm »
+1
ban first, find reason later

Just like Mustikki
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 03:12:08 pm »
+1
Im active, willing to admin and like all others i will ban panos at the slightest mistake he makes  :twisted:

Hell I would ban myself if I could  :twisted:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2013, 03:14:55 pm »
+1
Meaning?

* karasu is le confus

Hop in IRC and harass the shit out of all the people that look remotely official.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2013, 03:27:57 pm »
Might not matter much in Battle, but matters a lot in Siege and matters the world in DTV.

Videogame or not, it's simply a reflection of who you are and how you act in life. A matter of principles and conscience.
As I said... can't say anything about Siege or DTV.

Not an issue on Battle from my experience...  8-)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2013, 03:32:25 pm »
what is the exact reason someone wants to become an admin anyways? fame? having a nice tag? (theyre nice yes gimme nice tag pl0x) and when they get it they become in-active? :P
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2013, 03:44:00 pm »
Vincent Ruth
NOT SURE IF SERIOUS...

But never heard of molly, but kinggrimm I'd said yes
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:23:59 pm by jtobiasm »

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2013, 03:44:46 pm »
+2
No porta, its about who can ban the most raging 12yr old kids per hour. Its hot competition between admins.

On a serious note, I dont think new admins on eu1 are neccesary, there is usually someone online. Cant speak for eu2 though, not much of a seige player. From what Ive played it is horrendous, but then again, admins are still playing a game. They shouldnt have to go on a game mode they dont like, so we should recruit admins for seige specifically.

Ill most a thread on admin section and see if cmp will rear his ugly head.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:01:10 pm by Blueberry Muffin »
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2013, 03:51:00 pm »
+2
Hop in IRC and harass the shit out of all the people that look remotely official.

Did several times... At some point I actually got Espu saying they were looking into it (or not) and Ozin talking to some of them too about it.
Tenne tried as-well, nothing came out of it sadly.

At this point we don't have a specific "frontman" in cRPG for these issues, a PR willing to actually act and move forward. Tenne tried to show them this, and himself or Ozin would be both considerate and fair persons to such a task in my point of view.

Feels more and more a case of "not wanting to do it, nor letting anyone else do it".

Right now it's kinda understandable that Melee(tm) is the priority, but it's easy to take a couple of minutes and attend to these issues on cRPG.

So, again, carry on people.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2013, 03:54:59 pm »

first thing that came to my mind

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2013, 04:09:25 pm »
+1

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2013, 04:11:31 pm »
Kafein and maybe Vincent are the only people mentioned here I think would be somewhat reasonable admins, it is much better having low amounts of admins than having shitty ones who abuse their power, remember that time Mustikki banned some guy using his enemies forward spawn in a strat battle? Same way it's better to only have a few global mods instead of a large amount were if you -1 or post something that the mod politically disagrees with even though nothing is mentioned about it in the rules you get muted it is much better to only have calm reasonable and generally uninvolved people like Kafein be admins.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2013, 04:17:25 pm »
+2
Wait, what ? They still didn't give Karasu his admin powers ? Man, how long has it been now ? A year ? Two years ? One's eyes are certainly an eternal source of tears, after so much time even my heart would break whether I have it or not.

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2013, 06:25:11 pm »
+1
Kafein and maybe Vincent are the only people mentioned here I think would be somewhat reasonable admins, it is much better having low amounts of admins than having shitty ones who abuse their power, remember that time Mustikki banned some guy using his enemies forward spawn in a strat battle? Same way it's better to only have a few global mods instead of a large amount were if you -1 or post something that the mod politically disagrees with even though nothing is mentioned about it in the rules you get muted it is much better to only have calm reasonable and generally uninvolved people like Kafein be admins.

and yet you put vincent up there, who is a forum troll, and ingame troll. and i hardly see eny of them on siege. kinda weird judgement you got there.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:34:50 pm by rufio »

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2013, 06:38:11 pm »
+1
  Did several times... At some point I actually got Espu saying they were looking into it (or not) and Ozin talking to some of them too about it.
Tenne tried as-well, nothing came out of it sadly.

At this point we don't have a specific "frontman" in cRPG for these issues, a PR willing to actually act and move forward. Tenne tried to show them this, and himself or Ozin would be both considerate and fair persons to such a task in my point of view.

Feels more and more a case of "not wanting to do it, nor letting anyone else do it".

Right now it's kinda understandable that Melee(tm) is the priority, but it's easy to take a couple of minutes and attend to these issues on cRPG.

I haven't stopped trying, I've continued to whine on IRC.  :rolleyes: As Muffin said, he has posted a thread in the Admin section and it seems that more people are trying to champion this.

All we really need is to have the go-ahead to actually instate some people, to have that trust given to us. If we can "self-service" then it would be a much easier time, I mean, we have our times when we're active and the times when we're not, it's just impossible to keep in there all the time but we're lacking admins in certain areas and for once, the community is shouting about how something is bad when it really is.

The group of admins that we have all get along, they can all make informed decisions and therefore I see no reason why we couldn't smash our heads together and have names for admins fall out. We know a lot of people in this mod since we've been here for a while and we know general temperaments better than most people. We have the skills and knowledge to make these decisions and we can take the flak if we make a mistake. Just need to get over that ledge really.

On the form of "why would you want admin powers" the answer is, you don't want administrative powers, this is my opinion anyway. I don't do this because I want to have the power to just kick someone for the slightest reason, I do it because I want to give something back to the community. (And take something away of course)
Now, in my opinion, it should be "why you want to be an admin" and it shouldn't be because of some tags or similar things like that because in short, this whole thing is a massive pain in the arse. No matter how "in touch" you try to keep with the community, having a bit of fun and banter on the servers, on teamspeak or anything like that, you accrue people who will hate you, the guys you've banned regardless of what they did. They'll kick and scream, you'll get people in the servers questioning your every move then you'll get entire clans jump to a players rescue despite blatant rule breaking. You have to sift through all of that and then you still have more to go through.

Anyway, I left this post and then came back, had no idea where I was or what I was writing so I hope it's ok! :S

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2013, 06:39:43 pm »
+5
and yet you put vincent up there, who is a forum troll, and ingame troll. and i hardly see eny of them on siege. kinda weird judgement you got there.
Not quite as weird as you nominating yourself, lol