Poll

Like/Dislike Update

75 (40.5%)
Dislike
110 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Like/Dislike new update?  (Read 8135 times)

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
Re: Like/Dislike new update?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 06:40:23 am »
ya please do heirloom reset, heavy lance is useless, my horse is then pointless and since 1h seems unharmed despite the OP swords (side sword) i guess ill heirloom my knightly arming and use my master work Derp bow(sniper). 1H XBOW EVERY BODY YAY karma was prepared... i just didnt realized id get fucked so hard, i thought the bastard sword isnt a huge sword 1 slot at best so heavy lance 2 slots heavy bastard n shield  NOPE.  honestly i am glad i got back in the mood to play league of legends,  ILL BE THERE TIL THIS SHITS STRAIGHTENED OUT ..
 or play fire n sword SP, which leads me to my conspiracy theory, in which tale worlds made chad fuck this mod up so bad every one would leave.... guess im buying fire n sword bullshit

Thank god, Fire & Sword is coming out soon, time to leave cRPG until strategus is back.
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline Barman1942

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 06:41:10 am »
The slots idea is just stupid, i doesn't allow me to use my war bow a set of arrow and a sword.

Retiring now is just plain pointless now, since it barley add anything and Its literally impossible to make money.
Bring back the old version, i bet within a month 75% of the veteran players will be like " Fuck this" and leave.

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. An archer should be able to have a good 1h as a side-arm.

Seems this patch broke a loooot more than it fixed. Will wait for the fixes before I play again.

Offline Zahmbomb

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
  • Thank You !!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Zahmbomb
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 06:46:23 am »
 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm so very glad I spent 5 retirements fine tuning my cav build. *sarcasm*  I always wanted a MW Heavy Lance that pokes in one direction. *dripping w/ sarcasm*  I'm very excited that I took the time to grind for the nerfed XP bonus too. *oozing, seeping and pussing sarcasm*

I'm buying Fire and Sword

you've inspired me not to play cRPG.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:49:29 am by Zahmbomb »

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 06:47:03 am »
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. An archer should be able to have a good 1h as a side-arm.

Seems this patch broke a loooot more than it fixed. Will wait for the fixes before I play again.

this is to fix those archers that carries huge 2 hands or throwers with a big huscarl with a melee weapon. If u want to use warbow/longbow get used to have a 1h with one set of arrows or sacrifice the melee weapon for another set of arrows. Same thing with heavy xbow and sniper xbow. Look at DarkKarma, I'm sure he's doing great :) (beside the damm upkeep failure)

Edit: I just gave a try to the battle and "capture the flag" servers and they are now pretty much agi-spam fests.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:49:07 am by Siboire »

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 06:51:10 am »
I don't really know atm, I don't think accuracy on archery should have been increased, it was fine as it was while the changes in damage is a nice touch, it gives it a bit more purpose.

I personally think that 1hander/2handed weapons in the 2 handed section should be 1 slot, for the love of my longsword! :)

I've only really played on a purely archer dominated server so far, so I can't give an accurate opinion although i'm a little concerned that some people are running around as just a head :S That scared me to death when I suddenly got slaughtered by a floating sword + head xD

I'm not sure if the "hybrids" situation will go away just because some things have been put into 2 slots, its more an annoyance so far, but I guess we have to see how things pan out.

Also, good work with the website, that's brilliant! Very very well done indeed.

Finally, the faces, is there a way to change the texture pack back? It's just... disturbing and reduces my fps (as I have said many times already xD) by roughly 20.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 06:53:53 am »
Ok, so everything in the game is now broken, archery was buffed up the ass, great.

The "buff" to archery is not exactly a good thing, arrows are now so accurate that you have to be 100% accurate yourself.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 06:56:26 am »
The "buff" to archery is not exactly a good thing, arrows are now so accurate that you have to be 100% accurate yourself.

Because that's totally a bad thing.

My full strength 10 PD archer with 104 prof now has pin point accuracy with the warbow and kill anyone in 2 hits.

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 07:03:15 am »
Because that's totally a bad thing.

My full strength 10 PD archer with 104 prof now has pin point accuracy with the warbow and kill anyone in 2 hits.

As you should be able to, if you can hit anyone.
(click to show/hide)

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 07:03:21 am »
Totally love the website tweaks.  Being able to see the MW results of everything in my inventory without having to guess or use the forums is awesome.

The patch seems great for us mele guys, even with a slight nerf on all of the weapon heirloom damages and speeds.  I cant comment on throwers or Cav or Archers, I dont play them.

A few bugs, like all of the invisible people wandering around with the glitched armor.  But I am sure we will see all of that smoothed out in the next week.
Not too happy about the gen xp bonus nerf, but thats the way it goes.

Still love my cRPG
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Barman1942

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 07:04:51 am »
As you should be able to, if you can hit anyone.

No bow should do that much damage to plate armor at long range. Under 20 yards, yeah, but two-shotting a guy in plate at long distance is silly.

Heck, two-shotting someone in mail and padding at long-range is ridiculous, unless you get a head-shot.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 07:06:32 am »
Crossbows seem unaffected, except for the mammoth upkeep costs, even using my hunting crossbow, I was bleeding money out my arse. Loving th fact that daggers and the hammer take no slots.  :D
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 07:12:01 am »
No bow should do that much damage to plate armor at long range. Under 20 yards, yeah, but two-shotting a guy in plate at long distance is silly.

Heck, two-shotting someone in mail and padding at long-range is ridiculous, unless you get a head-shot.

If the guy has invested 10 PD in his bow, 2-3 hits should be enough, this aint real life, son!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Barman1942

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 07:14:34 am »
If the guy has invested 10 PD in his bow, 2-3 hits should be enough, this aint real life, son!

True, true. But maybe without the pin-point accuracy the current patch gives. Having accuracy and power takes some of the challenge out of it.

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 07:18:35 am »
True, true. But maybe without the pin-point accuracy the current patch gives. Having accuracy and power takes some of the challenge out of it.

The accuraty increase might not exactly make people hit more, before the patch you could just sorta aim close to people and 50% of the time you would hit them, but now your mouse movement needs to be as accurate as your bow.
(click to show/hide)

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 07:21:46 am »
Thank god, Fire & Sword is coming out soon, time to leave cRPG until strategus is back.
Cavalry is dead..
My dreams of being a great long bardiche wielding knight are crushed.
Getting slaughtered by retards in invisible samurai armor.
half my heirlooms don't show.
Xp ticker is dead.
Losing money with red tunic and short spear.
My once lovely face is a mix of an alien with 3 foot mustasche and a giant chin.
My FPS sucks.
Polearm thrust looks like you are masterbating in a very hardcore fassion.
Still no strategus.
Archers have heat-seaking missiles (again).
Cant use a shield with other weapons at all anymore.
Long pike has a ghost reach of about 4'.
Still no rideable donkies.
Website doesnt work with chrome/firefox.
Can't join any servers.
1hand got a speed bonus.
Pikes can't be sheathed.
Lances turn wildly in a convoluted pattern when trying to hit anyone.

Enjoying yourself.. chadz? :mad:

Only good thing is my mustache is now bigger. :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:38:45 am by TheDashingRogue »