• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG is hell for new players
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 05:59:29 pm »
+1
Somehow I don't remember making a completely shit build with my first char. I had played Native sp and mp a lot, and nobody had a minmax build back then anyway. Also, learning cRPG was all about following the person with the highest armor value  :D

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 06:07:49 pm »
Same, played loads, learned some things in multi, learned how to make a halfdescent build from SP.

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 06:39:22 pm »
It isnt hell. This is just one piece of a bugged, imbalanced mod;). Range overpower melee and if you have not some decent builds you are screwd. Also game (Warband) has "joke" hit detection which makes it stupid to play. No wonder there is twice less players now than it was half year ago. Many people raging about With fire and Sword, but this game is twice more realistic than Warband or crpg mod. Crpg mod is based on expploits, not realistic fighting.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:43:25 pm by Tomeusz »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2013, 06:42:48 pm »
Range overeat melee

Part of the problem atm is everyone switched to the top tier bows. They got buffs and PD affects WPF less than before, so people take more PD. With the extra weight from bows/arrows people are probably not so concerned with making kiting builds, they go for damage so they kill before they even need to kite

Its getting pretty dull tbh
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 06:48:02 pm »
Part of the problem atm is everyone switched to the top tier bows. They got buffs and PD affects WPF less than before, so people take more PD. With the extra weight from bows/arrows people are probably not so concerned with making kiting builds, they go for damage so they kill before they even need to kite

Its getting pretty dull tbh

Yeah, not to mention throwers killing cav and you with single throw while i have Ironflesh 6, but when i ride with 30km/h, hitting with my spear target dont die with PS 5. Very realistic. Alson hit detection is so weird that regular aiming makes no sense at all.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2013, 07:00:53 pm »
+3
It isnt hell. This is just one piece of a bugged, imbalanced mod;). Range overpower melee and if you have not some decent builds you are screwd. Also game (Warband) has "joke" hit detection which makes it stupid to play. No wonder there is twice less players now than it was half year ago. Many people raging about With fire and Sword, but this game is twice more realistic than Warband or crpg mod. Crpg mod is based on expploits, not realistic fighting.

Your post has lead me to believe that your title is probably pretty accurate.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2013, 07:17:53 pm »
Although I know this game is awful for new people, I dont think aditional hand-holding is required if people already played native.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2013, 07:40:29 pm »

WTF are you yapping about. Crpg is about as balanced as this game can overall possibly get. And crpg ofcourse isnt about realistic fighting, its about fun(supposedly was supposed to be). Realism is not fun. And Warband currently might even have one of the best hit detections current games have to offer. This has been said by most gamers. Hitboxes are one thing this game has definately gotten right.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2013, 07:48:21 pm »
+1
I think overall people here are pretty helpful to newbs, the issue is that M&B is already one of the deepest action games out there, and c-rpg adds another layer of complexity. Thousands of players have been able to get past noob stages of this game out but you can't expect it of everyone especially if the guy can't figure out how to get on the beginners help forum section where people are pretty willing to reply to even silly newb questions in a polite and informative way. Some people just aren't cut out for this game which in many ways is a pretty expert level game, and they should just stick to CoD and World of Warcraft if they aren't able to accept more challenge.

Not trying to sound like some arrogant elitest here, but it's just a fact that this is a difficult game compared to a lot of others and plenty of people just can't handle it no matter how much you try and help them out.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2013, 07:51:36 pm »
I had no idea what the hell I was doing when I started playing, and when I started out the last thing I wanted to do was reading a wall of text, in a new mod that I might not even like.

In my opinion we should have some sort of Video tutorial, that the browser will redirect to after you're done signing up.

You don't have to read a wall of text just go to beginner forum and make a thread like  "I'm new help me do a sword + xbow character" and you should get some decent responses that are not essays.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2013, 07:56:17 pm »
+3
the day i figuered out that blocking down deflects thrust attacks was so great... that was a few months into the crpg mod though ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2013, 08:05:16 pm »
I don't think cRPG is a hell for new players. I think it's a very fun and challenging experience for most new players.
Remember, this is not a mainstream game.

Those who play Warband are relatively experienced players looking for more than just good graphics.
The problem is the promotion of the game itself. It's very unpopular even though it's a very good game.

Copies sold during 2012: 4,539

Compared to a "nice looking" game like Farcry 3 (pc):
393,240 (released 1 dec 2012)

See the problem?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1803
  • Infamy: 2635
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2013, 08:22:32 pm »
+4
I don't understand the logic behind: "It was hard for us, should be the same for them."

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2013, 08:37:13 pm »
+1
Copies sold during 2012: 4,539

Compared to a "nice looking" game like Farcry 3 (pc):
393,240 (released 1 dec 2012)

See the problem?

The problem is that M&B wasn't released during 2012?

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2013, 08:39:26 pm »
+18
I thought I'd make a poster in stead of raging in the forums.

Would be nice if someone put more time and thought into it than me though.. I think it covers the most severe mistakes while also luring new players into the forums. (If anyone wants to work on it PM me and I link the psd)

I also suggest adding a little "Ad" for the forums on the website and server message. Could be like this:

--------------------------------------------------
Not getting kills?
Learn the secrets of cRPG reading the forums!
http://forum.meleegaming.com/beginner's-help-and-guides/
--------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:50:25 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.