Author Topic: [NA] Occitan_Liorick  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [NA] Occitan_Liorick
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 03:30:48 am »
Not mentioning the other times other admins get it wrong on other people...

"Don't climb that mountain." Haha... except they can SHOOT INTO THE VILLAGE FROM UP THERE.

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 04:26:58 am »
+5
Miley, this unpleasant situation could have been avoided had you been able to read the text, as I'm sure you would have acknowledged as a community veteran that the goofiness had to end at some point. (Keep in mind someone banned Palatro and Noobie for 4 days for doing what you were doing)

The issue wasn't the building of a siege tower (even though dozens of people were raging in admin chat about it & asking admins to do something) I didn't care for the first rounds/map

The issue was that over time, players from both teams were running around in dresses with no weapons, "bro"ing it up and not fighting each other, wasting everyone's time to build a useless siege tower in a corner of the map. This went on for an hour. After three attempts to politely ask folks to get back to fighting and playing the game, I figured it was time to break it up.

I'll apologize to those who were kicked for being there one round and who may not have seen the warning; I did not keep track of who was there every time.

Common sense prevails:

Quote from: chadz
  "first rule of em all: common sense"
        ~ chadz

If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 05:00:56 am »
Miley, this unpleasant situation could have been avoided had you been able to read the text, as I'm sure you would have acknowledged as a community veteran that the goofiness had to end at some point. (Keep in mind someone banned Palatro and Noobie for 4 days for doing what you were doing)

No, I would have told you you were wrong. And as a community veteran who's been on here longer than you and played more than you and knows the rules better than you, the "goofiness" didn't have to stop. I could've have kept building forever as long as I was helping the team, which I was--scoring in the top every map. Okay, Palatro and Noobie got banned for doing "what we were doing." I doubt it was the same scenario, and IF you weren't even there, you shouldn't even have mentioned it. Oh and I forgot that everyone should've have been there and known they got banned for doing something!!!!111!11 Why even mention it, seriously...

The issue was that over time, players from both teams were running around in dresses with no weapons, "bro"ing it up and not fighting each other, wasting everyone's time to build a useless siege tower in a corner of the map. This went on for an hour. After three attempts to politely ask folks to get back to fighting and playing the game, I figured it was time to break it up.

1. Kick the people who came from the other team and didn't fight--the people who were actually breaking the rules.
2. We were building at basically areas at spawn.
3. A Horse Archer can be last versus 50 people but can still go around shooting without giving up. It's obvious he/she's not going to win. Is that wasting time? No.
4. Just because you think it's useless?
5. Everyone had weapons, even if they might have been sheathed. If you didn't know, punching does count as fighting.

Common sense prevails: 

No it didn't. Your common sense wasn't working, and you messed up.

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 06:11:36 am »
+6
Jesus Christ.

Pretentious much? Take a chill pill and come back to earth Oh Higher One.   :rolleyes:

I disagree with your reasoning.  Siege towers are useless in the Battle server because of the time limit. How you can even argue otherwise speaks volume. (Sure, if you could instantly spawn one at the beginning of the round that would change my opinion). But that's not even the reason I removed folks despite the early demands for a ban by dozens of players criticizing us for not taking action.

Kick the people of the other team? I did. Both sides weren't fighting, fairness in judgement- everyone was removed.  If you are so intransigent that you can't comprehend the situation from an admin perspective, then there's no reason in going on about it. Stay hard-headed and mad at me. I'll sleep easy knowing that a kick was fair after three warnings, and that a 100 players were spared the tomfoolery at the end of every round for longer than an hour.

I was patient. I let you build for a while - when it got out of hand I asked everyone nicely to stop. Nobody did. I removed everyone who was there and you were in the group. End of story. I want to play the game as well and I won't start playing detective to sort out who wasn't attacking who first.

Friendly suggestion; go to the duel server if you want to practice building a Siege Tower 15 times.

Now I'll let you get the last word in as you can't seem to go on without having it.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:39:24 am by Gash »
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 06:42:04 am »
+1
Gash needs my ban hammer to deal out justice. :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 12:17:36 pm »
If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

First page ------> http://forum.meleegaming.com/announcements/official-server-rules/

Sry Miley im on Gashes side for this :{D

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 02:40:49 am »
Sry Miley im on Gashes side for this :{D

Sry Shadowren i dont care becaz your an admin who got there admin remuvd on comunity :{D (Doesn't remove the fact that I know the rules better than you, so it really doesn't matter what you say...?)

Anyways Gash. I disagree with your reasoning, Oh Higher One. You don't know how long it would take us to build a siege tower, therefore you cannot judge based on that fact. Also you keep saying you warned me several times, bla bla bla. Yes, but I couldn't see chat. So don't bring that up. You could kick the people after you made sure they could see your message. You could also ask if anyone could message me on Steam or other alternatives. Also, if the other people stopped, I would've stopped.

Since when did "despite the early demands for a ban by dozens of players criticizing us for not taking action," matter? You're the admin, not the people QQing. So pointless to even mention that...

Both sides weren't fighting, but you shouldn't be able to kick the ones who actually had NO weapon and had construction material--they CAN'T fight, nor are they leeching. I'm arguing the rules because I AM taking it from an admin's perspective, you hard head.

You signed up for admin, so you signed up for detective work. "Oh, I'm too lazy... I'll just kick the whole group."

I know I'm making a big deal out of this, but I hate injustice. Now a friendly suggestion to you, learn from this and stop posting, because you lost. You suggest I get the last word, acting like you don't care, but I know you'll read this--I won.

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 21
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Saturn_of_Chaos
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 03:34:56 am »
+2
Sry Shadowren i dont care becaz your an admin who got there admin remuvd on comunity :{D (Doesn't remove the fact that I know the rules better than you, so it really doesn't matter what you say...?)

Anyways Gash. I disagree with your reasoning, Oh Higher One. You don't know how long it would take us to build a siege tower, therefore you cannot judge based on that fact. Also you keep saying you warned me several times, bla bla bla. Yes, but I couldn't see chat. So don't bring that up. You could kick the people after you made sure they could see your message. You could also ask if anyone could message me on Steam or other alternatives. Also, if the other people stopped, I would've stopped.

Since when did "despite the early demands for a ban by dozens of players criticizing us for not taking action," matter? You're the admin, not the people QQing. So pointless to even mention that...

Both sides weren't fighting, but you shouldn't be able to kick the ones who actually had NO weapon and had construction material--they CAN'T fight, nor are they leeching. I'm arguing the rules because I AM taking it from an admin's perspective, you hard head.

You signed up for admin, so you signed up for detective work. "Oh, I'm too lazy... I'll just kick the whole group."

I know I'm making a big deal out of this, but I hate injustice. Now a friendly suggestion to you, learn from this and stop posting, because you lost. You suggest I get the last word, acting like you don't care, but I know you'll read this--I won.
yes you won because he proved you wrong with direct statements from the rules.
gf miley, champion of the people

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 05:33:42 am »
+3
Also you keep saying you warned me several times, bla bla bla. Yes, but I couldn't see chat. So don't bring that up. You could kick the people after you made sure they could see your message. You could also ask if anyone could message me on Steam or other alternatives. Also, if the other people stopped, I would've stopped.

Miley you can't be serious with this...  you got warned to stop in-game - if you didn't have chat available it's not Gash's problem.  And you have to be out of your mind if you think an admin should be required to ask around for someone's steam to message them if they aren't answering an admin.  You're either trolling or not thinking this through.

I mean, this was a kick, for crying out loud.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 05:36:01 am »
+2
Miley you can't be serious with this...  you got warned to stop in-game - if you didn't have chat available it's not Gash's problem.  And you have to be out of your mind if you think an admin should be required to ask around for someone's steam to message them if they aren't answering an admin.  You're either trolling or not thinking this through.

I mean, this was a kick, for crying out loud.

Sorry Miley, but you've lost your head.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 06:05:04 am »
Oh by the way you're the dumb admin who said they couldn't be on the mountain.
You're all new players anyways. Oh I've lost my head. I don't care what you say. He was wrong and so are you.