Author Topic: Xbow, WPF effectiveness dropoff, and ghost cavalry ramblings  (Read 258 times)

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
Xbow, WPF effectiveness dropoff, and ghost cavalry ramblings
« on: January 05, 2013, 05:30:23 am »
Over the past few gens, I have noticed a considerable decline in accuracy in the xbow (+3 heavy) after 125 wpf. Although the reticule gets smaller, the trajectory is almost the same, leading to a decrease in accuracy and much frustration when, at 170 wpf you see your bolt veer to the left or right. I was just wondering if there was some kind of incremental chart or formula the devs have showing xbow accuracy  that could verify this or if I should just accept that I'm going crazy.

Sidenot, did the horse hitbox get larger and the rider hitbox get smaller? It seems next to impossible to hit a charging cav without a bolt seemingly going through his upper body, or sticking in to the head of his horse.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."