Author Topic: HRE - DTV Unban Request CAPTN_RASP1N  (Read 393 times)

Offline CAPTN_RASP1N

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
HRE - DTV Unban Request CAPTN_RASP1N
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:02:33 pm »
Hi all,

Playing on the HRE-DTV server today and got a permanent ban even though I was reconciling the issue at hand. I was made aware the day before of a server rule requiring all players to wear armor. At first I poked fun of the rule and pushed a few peoples buttons but then respectfully complied. Today (after playing a muck around game with a few friends without armor) I joined the HRE-DTV server and was reprimanded and reminded about the rule. I immediately put armor on in my equipment list and told Kaldralinn (who I assume was the admin) that it was an honest mistake as I often play other games without it and just to ask me nicely as I wouldn't do it intentionally.

So I could make sure there was no further misunderstandings I asked to be linked the rules. Turns out the rules are in-game and whilst I was reading them I was kicked and permanently banned from the server. Now I understand the ban however I personally think that the ban was a bit strong and uncalled for. After talking to a few of my gaming mates and explaining it all they have told me I was being disrespectful at first but the ban was quite harsh.

I play Defend the Virgin with several mates and servers are quite limited for us being Australians. So I humbly apologise to Kaldarinn the HRE admins and request that the ban be lifted.  I have also since found out from a friend that I can set a default character equipment setup so this doesn't happen again.

Cheers,
CAPTN_RASP1N

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
Re: HRE - DTV Unban Request CAPTN_RASP1N
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:59:24 pm »
the HRE server always shows bans to be permanent and the bans will then be timed thereafter, so the bans usually are never permanent unless u have been told so by an admin.
since this is your first ban, u have been banned for 1 day.
your ban will not be lifted until its over, you had already been warned and wouldn't comply.

also try to read this thread: http://forum.meleegaming.com/other/hre-server-rules-reminder/
and try to stick to them rules next time.

Offline CAPTN_RASP1N

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 03:01:22 am »
Cheers Bjarky.

I did comply as stated above and displayed in-game after being reminded yesterday and from what I've been reading in these forums you HRE boys need to learn a little tolerance.

Offline Tazman

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tazman_HRE
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 12:20:27 pm »
Cheers Bjarky.

I did comply as stated above and displayed in-game after being reminded yesterday and from what I've been reading in these forums you HRE boys need to learn a little tolerance.

Please tell me, why HRE-Admins are intolerant, if you can't follow the simple rules over few days?

SERVER RULES

Discussion finished...