Author Topic: Remove thrust stun for poles.  (Read 8945 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Remove thrust stun for poles.
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2012, 11:08:04 am »
(click to show/hide)
This.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2012, 12:17:50 pm »
+2
i can already see the machine gun stabbers with pikes if stun was removed, so one word: NO

There is no freaking stun in every hit! Its just 0.5seconds like Paul said and thats nothing, were talking about when you hit wrong or softspot the enemy.!

FOR FUCK SAKE! Stop writing in threads without knowing whats going on here...

Removing that "stun" will just raise the survivingchance, cause you can block after failed.
(click to show/hide)

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2012, 12:26:27 pm »
+2
How about they fix the hitbox for long spear so people cant stab in the sky and drag the hit down towards you or hit you magically over people

I thought you can do the same with 2h stabs

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2012, 12:29:35 pm »
I thought you can do the same with 2h stabs

not nearly as effective.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2012, 12:30:34 pm »
+3
Biased thread again...I don't get the logic here.

So pole stun was removed, everybody is crying lol wtf. Nobody plays poles because of polestun removed T_T ... bullcrap if you played it only because of the stun youre a little prick aboozer i play mighty GLB this gen, played Flam last one and i still say poles are better than 2h, i have a sentimental attachment to 2h so i still switch between the two.

The thrust stun for pikes is as bad as 2h so no reson to cry.

How about they fix the hitbox for long spear so people cant stab in the sky and drag the hit down towards you or hit you magically over people, or was that the way it was done in Macedonia centuries ago?

i can already see the machine gun stabbers with pikes if stun was removed, so one word: NO

No this is not a biase thread, I play polearms from day 1 and I still play polearms.

Stating the obvious is not crying or whinning man ffs,c-rpg is guided by the 2h lobbyist`s..

2h cry about lance,restrain lance angle.
2h cry about couch,restrain couch damage to max 20.
2h cry about polearms,remove polestun.

and these are only 3 examples of why this mod has become unbalance,eu1 is full of 2h and ranged,rarely you see a polearm user nowadays,and yes it annoys me that polestun was removed because as I already said,it was the only thing that could counter attack the fucking idiotic LOLSTAB.

If you do not believe that 2h is OP compared to either classes,then either you are blind or a 2h man for real.I`ve seen 2h players saying that 2h class is very OP and it needs a nerf,and no this not a whinning thread,I never claimed to be a good player nor I cared to be one,but for sure I know that I can own a lot of these guys who call me whinner.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2012, 12:50:07 pm »
2h is not OP only lolstab is and it should be nerfed to shit! fact.

2h agi German/Danish gs wielding kuyak heroes are the easied mode this mod has ever seen and i really dont see how can anybody find any cahallenge in that, the only melee build that is easier and makes my stomack turn more is agi 1h/shield left swing spammers, but to each his own.

I do not abuse lolstab or ever did, i choose to play with slower higher dmg weapons.

The fact that lostab is OP is no argument to remove thrust stun from poles, that makes this thread looks biased, if you hate 2h make a nerf lolstab/2h thread not buff my class thread  :wink:

p.s. come to EU_1 and see throngs of ranged and pikes m8 not 2h, makes me wonder why is everyone poking now. Its fucking easy! just like lolstab.

kissy kissy ese  :mrgreen:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2012, 01:00:59 pm »
+1
So pole stun was removed, everybody is crying lol wtf. Nobody plays poles because of polestun removed T_T ... bullcrap if you played it only because of the stun youre a little prick aboozer i play mighty GLB this gen, played Flam last one and i still say poles are better than 2h, i have a sentimental attachment to 2h so i still switch between the two.
Let's look at the stats of just the two weapons you're switching from.
Bardiche
(click to show/hide)
Flamberge
(click to show/hide)
So the bardiche got 2 more cut, bonus against shield, 3 more reach, one more speed, and it can be sheathed. However the flamberge got 6 more pierce, 0.5 more weight, it's not unbalanced, and it got one of the swings as a 2h swing so it still got the animation with the longest reach. The flamberge is better, and it's not even one of the best 2hs compared to other 2h...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2012, 01:09:12 pm »
Let's look at the stats of just the two weapons you're switching from.
Bardiche
(click to show/hide)
Flamberge
(click to show/hide)
So the bardiche got 2 more cut, bonus against shield, 3 more reach, one more speed, and it can be sheathed. However the flamberge got 6 more pierce, 0.5 more weight, it's not unbalanced, and it got one of the swings as a 2h swing so it still got the animation with the longest reach. The flamberge is better, and it's not even one of the best 2hs compared to other 2h...

i own MW Flam and mighty GLB and play with them back to back gens and find GLB to be better of two... just my personal opinion

why Flamberge is unbalanced, i don't know, probably because nobody would use it nex to GLB because it wouldn't make no sense really next to the sheath and shield bonus of GLB.

but were just talking about 2 wepons here that are not even cosidered best

Regular GLB stats:

weapon length: 155
weight: 3.5
difficulty: 18
speed rating: 87
weapon length: 155
thrust damage: 18 pierce
swing damage: 46 cut
slots: 2
Can't use on horseback
Unbalanced
Bonus against Shield
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:12:40 pm by Prpavi »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2012, 01:10:46 pm »
+2
I don't know what Panos originally wanted with removal of thrust stun, but if you read Knitlers last post you can see he's talking about random huge self stuns. Not the normal ones you get, but the ones that make it impossible to block an attack, not so you can do another insta stab straight after their block. You shouldn't be put in a position where you can't make any block attempt after a stab, its like it skips your block & attack phase.

I don't really notice it a huge amount personally, but dying from some random factor is probably not what the mod should be aiming for.

BTW the reason we can have a decent amount of stabby polearms on EU1 is largely defence against Cav. They are good for more precise aiming into melee clusters too, especially if some don't want to be risking overheads in a group. But for me I like having that duel role of melee support and cav stopper
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2012, 01:18:03 pm »
+1
You shouldn't be put in a position where you can't make any block attempt after a stab, its like it skips your block & attack phase.
I don't really notice it a huge amount personally, but dying from some random factor is probably not what the mod should be aiming for.

this.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2012, 01:25:50 pm »
this.

this is what happens when u stab a shield or a wall with 2h  :wink:

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2012, 01:27:12 pm »
+1
For the shield it only happens if you make a horrible stab that would've glanced anyway.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2012, 01:28:11 pm »
+1

but for 2directional its a deathsence, ALL 2H have sideswings.

For the shield it only happens if you make a horrible stab that would've glanced anyway.

correct.
(click to show/hide)

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2012, 01:29:30 pm »
correct.
Then 1+ me, I need that renown.  :(

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2012, 01:30:54 pm »
+1
but for 2directional its a deathsence, ALL 2H have sideswings.

yes it's worse on a weapon u use i agree. just like a regular 2h lolstab abuser sees nothing wrong with the lolstab.