Author Topic: Ranged on a roof  (Read 5323 times)

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Ranged on a roof
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 10:59:48 am »
+1
Stop complaining about archers for gods sake.

or get a shield, nub!

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 10:59:53 am »
+5
Yeah. Archers shouldn't go on roofs (also mountains, hills and other hardly reachable places), because they're OP there.
ALSO infantry and cav shouldn't stay on the ground because they're OP there.
Make them fight only on roofs while archers shoot them from the ground, that would save the mod for sure

Offline Azlanek

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • The post is over to the left
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Khagataz, Azlanek
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2012, 11:12:34 am »
+1
That's not the point. The point is to add an extra layer of strategy and more options that would be available to everybody.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:15:35 am by Azlanek »
The post is up there

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2012, 11:44:30 am »
Ok fine, I'll stop wizarding my way into inaccessible places.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2012, 12:59:44 pm »
+2
If ladders were added back, within a week everyone would be calling for their removal.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 01:04:39 pm »
Ponies should never ever have access to any roof. One of the most stupid things in the whole game.
People should not be 100% immune from one class just because they jumped up a fence and then up a roof, regardless were you're standing you should not be hard countering other playstyles, rock, paper, scissors is boring for a reason, hard counters=no real fun gameplay just "oh, guess what I picked beats what he picked.".
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 01:13:21 pm »
That's not the point. The point is to add an extra layer of strategy and more options that would be available to everybody.

lol

2h playing their strengths = Skill
Archers playing their strengths = bundle of sticksry?

Now does that really make sense?
Stop complaining about archers for gods sake.

Nobody ever said being a good shot is bundle of sticksry. The only thing more or less equivalent to roofcamping for 2h is camping ladders with a maul on siege. With the notable difference that those 2h doing that are very far from invulnerable to 70% of the playerbase, unlike roofcampers.

Ponies should never ever have access to any roof. One of the most stupid things in the whole game.

Why aren't wooden buildings flammable and roofs covered in snow slippery ? Those are the realism problems. One out of ten maps can a horse actually reach a rooftop, and even in those cases, the horseman will never be actually useful there.

Offline Azlanek

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2012, 01:16:40 pm »
+1
What do you find funny in my statement? Essentially rooftops would be accessible to any class or player. Creating imaginary horror scenarios of monstrous rooftop camper archers isn't going to help this conversation either way.
The post is up there

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012, 01:20:44 pm »
People should not be 100% immune from one class just because they jumped up a fence and then up a roof, regardless were you're standing you should not be hard countering other playstyles, rock, paper, scissors is boring for a reason, hard counters=no real fun gameplay just "oh, guess what I picked beats what he picked.".
It`s a freaking horse!  :rolleyes:

Wanna go after the archer on the roof? Dismount.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 01:28:59 pm »
It`s a freaking horse!  :rolleyes:

Wanna go after the archer on the roof? Dismount.
Let me know when I can throw a torch (from horseback) at the straw roof and burn him out, then I'll be fine with not being able to reach him.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 01:29:59 pm »
What do you find funny in my statement? Essentially rooftops would be accessible to any class or player. Creating imaginary horror scenarios of monstrous rooftop camper archers isn't going to help this conversation either way.

We do not need to create anything, those scenarios happened. All the time. The instant you saw a map, you could knew whether you would have to deal with 8 archers and crossbowmen peppering you from a supposedly-reachable-but-still-trying-it-is-like-dying rooftop.

Also I find your sentence most laughable because ladders are of no use to cav and inf. Unless those classes actually have to deal with roofcamping in the first place, providing their ladder doesn't get instantly destroyed by roofcampers and that it also enables people on the ground to reach the roof alive that is. Which can accurately be translated in "almost never". But why is it completely useless to cav and inf ? Because they can't damage the enemy maybe ? An invulnerability roof is not useful if you stand up there neutralized. And don't start with "I can ninja drop on enemies". Even though it's fun, it has dubious effectiveness.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 01:48:59 pm »

Did you not play much before the ladder removal? Those aren't imaginary scenarios.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 02:33:07 pm »

In that case they should also add a secondary mode for Greatswords: 'when pressing X you can wield it as a machinegun', so they can have a chance vs ranged I mean. They could also implement wings on ponies, so that people dont have to go through the discomfort of climbing those ladders.
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Azlanek

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 06:09:08 pm »
We do not need to create anything, those scenarios happened. All the time. The instant you saw a map, you could knew whether you would have to deal with 8 archers and crossbowmen peppering you from a supposedly-reachable-but-still-trying-it-is-like-dying rooftop.

Also I find your sentence most laughable because ladders are of no use to cav and inf. Unless those classes actually have to deal with roofcamping in the first place, providing their ladder doesn't get instantly destroyed by roofcampers and that it also enables people on the ground to reach the roof alive that is. Which can accurately be translated in "almost never". But why is it completely useless to cav and inf ? Because they can't damage the enemy maybe ? An invulnerability roof is not useful if you stand up there neutralized. And don't start with "I can ninja drop on enemies". Even though it's fun, it has dubious effectiveness.

That you do then. I played cRPG for a few levels before these revamps, but most of the little I experienced back then has eluded my memory. What if one would simply remove the invincible wall preventing you from accessing rooftops by jumping, however? Then, access to coveted areas would become harder and require a greater degree of, firstly, agility... and then jumping. I would leave ladders out of battle for good measure, though.

The post is up there

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 10:42:45 pm »
1/ allow ladders in battle servers , if anything just small or regular ladders. In siege its no problem since attackers should just ignore archers and get to the flag ne ways.

2/ Do not allow cav on ladders to get to roofs its just plain silly imo.

Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4