Author Topic: Xtended Terran Conflict  (Read 10038 times)

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
Re: Xtended Terran Conflict
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2013, 06:18:44 am »
I've been having a little more success now and got the hang of it...somewhat.

At first the lack of repair laser in xtended bothered me, so I would switch to easy and repair before switching back. However, about 2 hours and ~7 ships and ~7 million credits later I understood why. So many pilots bail out everywhere, especially in M4+'s and M3's that you just get so much money by selling ships. Not to mention all the time you waste repairing them...I got through a movie on netflix while repairing ships with a held key before I stopped and just sold at whatever % I got the ship at.

Skimmed through a few AAR's, stalked Roguey's X3TC site, and watched some tutorial playlist on youtube and I am good to go. Extra hard self imposed rules and all. Still haven't finished a complete campaign, but have gotten far in my Boron one until my computer started being angry at me. Switched over to my laptop and tried out xtended and well, I think I did decent. Going to start a fresh one on my laptop now and not going to be cheap with the repair laser. Thanks for the support guys. Time to enjoy this awesome game.

PS, haven't seen Kha'ak invasions yet, but the Bonehead pirates seem to enjoy mass assaulting Split territory. Split had to bring an M7 to defend one of their border territories due to the pirates bringing M6's to the party. Constant fighting and every time I pass by there are 5-6 Asp's and Scorpions laying around ready to be claimed.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 11:15:25 am »
+4
Some new X Rebirth trailers dropped today. It's looking fantastic. I bloody hope it plays well too.

Not too bothered about not being able to fly different space ships, as long as the gameplay is good. I'm not a person to say that a game has to be open world, or has to have a lot of variety. As long as it does what it does well in a way that makes me want to play the game over and over again, then it's a fantastic game. But honestly, it looks swell:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:53:49 am by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2013, 11:36:21 am »
Not being able to fly other ships is a shame, but... man, it just looks too amazing :/

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 01:56:39 am »
Forgive me for being clueless, have followed this very lightly. But you can't fly other ships?!
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 03:17:22 pm »
Forgive me for being clueless, have followed this very lightly. But you can't fly other ships?!

Nope you can let the AI handle your other ships for you as far as i know.

I don´t know if but if you would have played x 3 terran conflict you could see why.

just gonna quote this

Capital ship control

Where the drones are your preferred vehicles for specialized tasks inside and near the surface of a station, capital ships are your vehicle of choice for all the many "big" tasks. From transportation of goods, collecting of resources like ore, gas or plasma up to large carriers and destroyers. They all exist in X Rebirth and you can of course own and operate many of them!

You can in fact even land on these beasts and get out of your playership to meet NPCs while watching the large ship move around in space FROM the deck of the ship!

You won't be sitting in the cockpit and steer such a capital ship from the first person perspective anymore simply because that is boring. Steering huge and slowly-turning ships manually just doesnt make sense. It would force us to make them turn and move unrealistically quick and even then they would be impossible to maneuver near our huge and complex shaped stations.

Instead the steering is done by NPCs who work for you but closely follow your orders. You can control capital ships who work for you in many new ways.

That´s just about capital ships though i can´t see why smaller ships can´t be flown by the player himself...

At least the player ship is very special and stuff :D

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2014, 12:01:09 am »
STRONG BUMP.

I was considering buying this game or rebirth. Rebirth seems to lack some of the options and complex ability to build that Terran Conflict has though. Plus you can have more ships and move around in different ones.

So I was wondering if anyone recommended Terran Conflict over Rebirth at this point since apparently there's been massive changes to Rebirth to make it playable and better.

Not sure if I want to play either but they do seem interesting.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2014, 12:05:28 am »
+1
Albion Prelude is the best of all X games in my opinion. Some people prefer Terran Conflict but for a beginner Albion Prelude is much better anyway. Don't even think about Rebirth, it's not an X game by any stretch of the imagination.

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2014, 12:19:37 am »
Albion Prelude is the best of all X games in my opinion. Some people prefer Terran Conflict but for a beginner Albion Prelude is much better anyway. Don't even think about Rebirth, it's not an X game by any stretch of the imagination.

Interesting. Didn't know about Albion.

Needs Terran Conflict but its basically its own game? That's pretty cool.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2014, 12:59:13 pm »
+1
Don't buy Rebirth.. :(

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 01:29:05 pm »
+1
STRONG BUMP.

I was considering buying this game or rebirth. Rebirth seems to lack some of the options and complex ability to build that Terran Conflict has though. Plus you can have more ships and move around in different ones.

So I was wondering if anyone recommended Terran Conflict over Rebirth at this point since apparently there's been massive changes to Rebirth to make it playable and better.

Not sure if I want to play either but they do seem interesting.

here's the game for you

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 08:45:02 pm »
Don't buy Rebirth.. :(

Yeah that seems to be the overall opinion of Rebirth at the moment. There is a lot of patches and new stuff they've done to make it better but.. I haven't heard anything that makes it as good as Terran Conflict or Albion or even those predecessors.

here's the game for you

I have my eye on this as well. Going to try out Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude first and pick this up later. I expect to lose a whole lot of hours to these games apparently just trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 03:45:04 am »
Watch some youtube tutorials for it. Both Albion and TC are awesome. My recommendation would be to use albion for the vanilla experience and TC for the xtended mod.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2015, 05:32:49 pm »
Heya,

I bought X3:TC with Albion Prelude now and I have no fucking clue what I have to do. I start in space and don't even know how to move my ship properly, only thing I managed so far was to leave the ship and then be in space without being able to move at all.

Need help! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2015, 07:30:50 pm »
+1
Heya,

I bought X3:TC with Albion Prelude now and I have no fucking clue what I have to do. I start in space and don't even know how to move my ship properly, only thing I managed so far was to leave the ship and then be in space without being able to move at all.

Need help! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't even know how to begin explaining that stuff. You should probably watch a beginner's let's play or something, it will be less painful that way.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2015, 10:05:50 pm »
I don't even know how to begin explaining that stuff. You should probably watch a beginner's let's play or something, it will be less painful that way.

haha, yeah, I figured that out too an hour later or so (either uninstall or find a good tutorial; it was the latter)  :D

There's a german guy with an excellent complete step-by-step tutorial and like two dozens of 10-20 minute videos on youtube. I basically watched all his videos while doing pretty much what he did after every one.

I got all the basic trade stuff now, got 3 trade ship, one of them already is a sector-trader with mk3 (automatic-trade-thingy).
Got all the argon space discovered and covered with satellites, will explore other areas now while making more money with my 3 little trade ships hehe  :)

It's a pretty damn hard game for beginners. Is it correct you could somewhat say it's like "EVE-online" as singleplayer game (at least when it comes to micromanagement, time-factor and the setting? Because thats what I imagine what EVE online is like, only without being able to save your game  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:15:45 pm by WarLord »