Author Topic: come on Hosp part 2  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: come on Hosp part 2
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 06:38:12 pm »
Stop crying boys, this is war, you don't get to complain about the battle times.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 06:59:28 pm »
Stop crying boys, this is war, you don't get to complain about the battle times.

Too true, these fights are pretty late/early, but seeing as how this is war/strategy/sim hybrid type of game complaining about battle times is just pointless bitching. Also keep in mind time zone differences, the battles are is at 3am for me, but east coasters have it at 6am which is hardly inconvenient when a lot people are home for holidays and whatnot.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 07:06:14 pm »
+2
The christmas miracle would be if any FCC beat me in 1 out of 12000 duels on top of the castle walls over 6 hours.  I got these 3 battles easy.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 07:07:52 pm »
+2
The christmas miracle would be if any FCC beat me in 1 out of 12000 duels on top of the castle walls over 6 hours.  I got these 3 battles easy.

You need a new account to multitask 2 strategus battles at the same time.

Good luck though! SMOOTH CAN DO IT!

Too bad there is unlikely to be a gentleman's agreements for these fights where no one shows up due to the armies involved. Hopefully chadz will unpause it or whatever and let people sign up, and just lock it for no more battles.

chadz caring about NA. Yeah right lol.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 07:38:09 pm »
the first fight is 10pm est. 8 for the cali players. That is just about the ideal timeslot. The second fight (we attacked at 10 pm est but the 2 hour push form the first fight) was suppose to be midnight/10pm for the westies but due to nightime settings (that we can not see because its a fief) it pushed to 6am.

Leader of BS

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 08:05:44 pm »
Yes, but Hosp now has two siege battles for Monday at 6 AM.  I'm not a member of Hosp, but have an issue with that...

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 08:16:24 pm »
+1
yes both likely due to nighttime settings.

on a great note we can adjust rosters again
Leader of BS

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 08:29:23 pm »
+2
the battles will be both fought, 1 after another.

I would like to see how you fight 2 strat battles on 1 shitty server at  the same time :P

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 08:33:13 pm »
the battles will be both fought, 1 after another.

I would like to see how you fight 2 strat battles on 1 shitty server at  the same time :P

Oh derp. Well i guess other one at EU 3 eh? Lol

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 08:49:08 pm »
one of the 2 battle will be reported rigth after the first one... and well about time i just think hosp had it set and you guys acked past 10 or 11 eastern or so.
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 08:51:37 pm »
+1
Wouldn't the ideal time slot be from 6pm-9:30pm? Ideal to me would be a chance for everyone to join in.. People that work or have school, and people who don't can make it for between 6pm and 9:30.. No one that has school or work the next day wants to be up at 11 or so with a 2 hour strat battle taking it literally into the next day.

Having late battles accommodates those who can stay up all night.. That doesn't work well for guys like myself (apparently old in the eyes of some).. personally I would have rathered see the sleep times the same for everyone on NA, that way there is no guessing, just have a massive vote with the NA community and go by what the masses want.

Regardless, Peppo did not screw the time over on purpose, as Shinock already pointed out, an earlier attack would have worked fine, Someone could have asked peppo before the attack to make sure it was set, I think he even warned remnant about not attacking after he found out his time was not set to what the community wanted after FCC was pushed back to the 6am, but they attacked anyway rather than waiting for peppo to change it to a preferred time slot.

So again.

- This was not a ploy to screw anyone over. But at anytime someone could have came to our TS to make sure the times were set (As you requested last time, But you should not have assumed it was fixed after the last incident)

- Peppo's time aside, 10 or 11 at night may be when some people sleep, thus the sleep timer, I know that doesn't bow well for others, But we rather have good times as well and 6am is not fun for anyone.

- Come on hosp part 2 post? We talked about this personally Bale and I thought it was settled as a mistake and misunderstanding on Peppo's understanding of what time should be set. We are getting attacked by everyone and their sinks, Is attacking our character a part of this strat war? I'm hoping I missed this post because I didn't see it until after our conversation and really hope I'm wrong, but even if this was prior to our conversation I would have expected more restraint from you. To anyone else wondering how that conversation went, I more or less commented that we are average players that do not take this too seriously, and don't have the knowledge of others with a lot as aspects regarding strat so try and remember that when our times/armies/trades are out of sync with the norm.

We are more than willing to work with others to facilitate the needs of the community , even tho it will most likely fast track the end of Hospitallers in this strat, But we are not looking to hide under these misunderstandings, Some of us simply don't know any better. If the act of surprise is your goal and secrecy is a must, then you will have to deal with it, tho I don't see that being the case as it is no secret. But if you want to make sure things go off with out a hitch, come talk to one of us and we will work it out.. times or what ever else.

I understood the beginning of most of these rants regarding our faction, as it was pure frustration and needing to vent to others, But if people are going to get that upset with out even coming to our side to work out our kinks, then I have no remorse for those individuals as they didn't even try and work out these matters with us in the first place. As simply run to the forums to play the victim, or to try and diminish our name even more with hopes of support.

*Angry Aztek!!*

And Happy Holidays everyone!.. even you trolls!  :P

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 08:59:09 pm »
Maybe you should get bale's wifes number so you can work out when its ok for him to be on his 'puter and play his little war game so he can have fun.

Offline Peppovitch

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 128
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Peppovitch
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2012, 09:33:14 pm »
+1
Hate this night time system. The Gmt threw me off and was set badly. I thought I had changed it some time ago but found out the hard way that it doesn't change within 2-3 hours of my night time.

My fault for that, but I found Chestacles and let him know before tha castle attack hit.  Was hoping we could just wait and get a good battle for everyone.

Although the Night compounded the problem,  it would have been nice if they didn't decide to attack three times just hours before the holiday strat pause.  Even if all battles happened today,  it wouldn't make much difference as many of us have family and friends that we would like to spend the holidays with.   I can't wait to see how people react when I tell them I wont be at the xmas events because we have to save our fiefs which contain months of work from our members.

If Fcc and Remant knew they were going to do their all out Christmas bum rush,  they could have just messaged one of us to find a good battle time.  Another thought,  why couldn't you just wait until after the holidays to do these attacks?  Why was it so important to do it at the worst possible time of the year?

Last thought.  I know you guys attacked assuming you would have the players to fight.  I won't guess as to how many will not be able to make it to the xmas eve battles,  but unless you guys all have no holiday plans,  I imagine many will miss the battles.  If it is within the devs control and the players agree,  it might be a better idea to potpone the xmas eve battles until after the 25th.

Between my herp derp night settings and our enemies honorable attacks,  this turned into a nightmare for everyone.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2012, 09:36:37 pm »
+4
posted it prior to seeing you on steam Az. It was frustration on a fight being pushed that did not have to be. Really thought attacking it at the times we did was doing everyone a favor. We had no idea the second one would go to an early time. (remnant is not working with us so what they do is not attributed to us)

I am sorry we did assume the fief holders were fixed up. This ceases to be a problem if night time settings for fiefs are shown. Maybe I should change the title to come on Devs!.

6:30-9:30 est would not be a great set of times unfortunately. For anyone not in Eastern time zone those times would be pretty bad.

Peppo the one tonight I am fine with. I would have no problems with the 6am fights being rescheduled to a better time after the holidays.

(Thax nothing you ever say is important, sorry if this is breaking news to you)

Leader of BS

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 09:43:34 pm »
Way to fuck over our fight by opening the sign ups for an hour and then closing them. Now our side is ridiculously outnumbered.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned