Author Topic: Where did you learn about Mount & Blade?  (Read 3616 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: Where did you learn about Mount & Blade?
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2012, 01:08:48 pm »
Like some others, I found this game when it was in Beta. I vitnessed my friend playing it on a computer. I was also stunned by the sheer atmosphere and the control you had over your character, and the fact that the bots were very much like you. No other game has taken my time and given me enjoyment like the M&B series, I've been playing it over and over in SP. This is the only game I've been consistently playing MP, joined competitive play, joined a clan etc. I've never before engaged myself so much in one game. Taleworlds was talking about making M&B multiplayer, but it took so long that at some point I stopped believing there would ever be a multiplayer.
I joined in version 0.600 -something, back when Khergits were a special type of steppe bandits, Dark Knights still existed, nothing but Swadians and Vaegirs and there were no sieges.
best game ever  only game that does not get me bored for almost 2 years
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2012, 01:21:07 pm »
My good rl friend which i know for like 20, 21 years now? told me about this. He and few of his friends were playing native and then found out about cRPG. In the time i let them convince me to buy the game they were like 5 guys playing.

The guy that brought me into cRPG ocassionally plays as Deserter_Drubezator. When he was regular player, he was really, really good. I miss the days.

But still, my friend got me into this shithole which i cannot leave for almost 2 years now.

(and yeah, cRPG is the ONLY thing i keep playing consistently over last two years)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2012, 02:00:58 pm »
I randomly got the original M&B (not Warband) beta version, being a dirty pirate that i am, ended up playing that for waaaay too many hours (not even with mods!)

Getting Warband+M&B was a no-brainer.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2012, 07:05:50 pm »
Yeah, I had first played M&B back when it was a beta (~7-8 years ago?  :shock: ) and there was Zendar and the Vaegirs and Swadians with one castle each or something. All I really remember is looters and black knights.
And how!

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2012, 07:22:36 pm »
Years ago I was trying to think of a way to stay out of the bars and started some stupid free mmorpg.  I eventually got quite involved, but the game fell apart and I needed a new fix.  Unfortunately I just could not handle the grind all over again, and I hoped there might be a skill based game out there.  I found 'Darkfall' which was not released yet, but it compared its combat to 'Mount&Blade'.  I tried the trial version, but after getting my ass kicked by looters (being too used to simple point and click games) I said forget it, too hard.  Then I got drunk and bought the beta version since it was so cheap, and eventually learned to play.  Still can't block tho:(

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2012, 07:42:21 pm »
I was marginally aware it existed, and thought it looked cool. Then one day steam threw a 75% discount at me and I could not resist. I even bought two extra copies for my brothers!

Oh, if I knew then how many hours I would waste...  :oops:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2012, 07:45:44 pm »
Played demo for original M&B, loved it. Pirated it, mainly because I could barely run it on my old crap comp. Would have to use the cheat to kill enemies at start of battle to make sure there wasn't more then 30 people on screen at once or I'd stutter too hard haha.

Fast forward two years, got a gaming comp, planned on playing all the pretty new games, ended up reading an article about the best mods for Warband, saw C-RPG, loved the concept, bought warband, almost two years later here we are. Who knew when I built this beast gaming rig I'd be spending 3/4's of my time playing a game like this.  :rolleyes:
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2012, 08:02:32 pm »
I found original M&B years ago, by the time it was amazing and original stuff, and great mods gloomed on every horizon. I guess it was pirated version tho... But i had to buy Warband for multiplayer when it came out and after that i was forever bound to this lame piece of entertainment...

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.