Author Topic: CRPG metaphor for society?  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1787
  • Infamy: 739
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: CRPG metaphor for society?
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2012, 02:09:40 am »
+1
Sorry to disappoint you, but only the one with most infamy gets to be cool. That's how world of bad guys works (take Satan for example).

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2012, 02:31:13 am »
+3
really funny,  since you are the english professor here im sure you can translate what he wrote for me. Since to me it sounds like a drunk guy rambling
I'll explain what he said, and then I expect you to apologize for making an obvious grammatical mistake in a post were you bitch about someones English.
we tend to observe the appearance and not the person,and you do not respect those who seem weaker
What this means is that you tend to look at the suit and not the man in it, judge people by what they wear and not who they are... then he states that you seem to have no respect for people whose outfits are "lower" than yours even though the person wearing that outfit may be a "better" man than you, all in all, I think he's calling you sort of an asshole.
And I think he's right.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 05:25:44 am »
+1
I respect peasants.
I try not to kill them, but sometimes bloodlust consumes me and I strike one down anyway.

I can't count how many times I've fought alone against multiple enemies and kept one alive simply because he was a newer player. Not out of the kindness of my heart however. On the contrary, he would teamhit the better players allowing me to get free hits. I also can't count how many times the better players have actually turned around from fighting me and cut down their teammate as a result. I find it hilarious.

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2012, 10:58:37 am »
+1
I can't count how many times I've fought alone against multiple enemies and kept one alive simply because he was a newer player. Not out of the kindness of my heart however. On the contrary, he would teamhit the better players allowing me to get free hits. I also can't count how many times the better players have actually turned around from fighting me and cut down their teammate as a result. I find it hilarious.
Genius!!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2012, 11:45:56 am »
Having a peasant fighting on your side in any group fight is a curse, if he keeps getting in the middle, futilely trying to damage the enemy with his peasant weapon, since it results in me getting hit by the enemy, as i'm trying to avoid teamhitting.

Really, people, if you can't effectively hit the enemy, BACK OFF!

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2012, 11:54:02 am »
I'll explain what he said, and then I expect you to apologize for making an obvious grammatical mistake in a post were you bitch about someones English.What this means is that you tend to look at the suit and not the man in it, judge people by what they wear and not who they are... then he states that you seem to have no respect for people whose outfits are "lower" than yours even though the person wearing that outfit may be a "better" man than you, all in all, I think he's calling you sort of an asshole.
And I think he's right.

So his post essentially mirrors mine? Except that he insults me when i was just trying to be helpfull.

Im not an asshole, but people insulting me for no reason pisses me off.
Since he started he can get his apology after i get mine.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2012, 01:10:24 pm »
+5
I haven't minused anyone four times in a row in a long time but you certainly deserve it, Tindel. Good job for calling everyone who minused your post idiots, that will get you just more infamy. Who knows, with that attitude you might reach ultimate "GTX" level.

Aslong as u get a hate campaign goin, they will minus u on everything, even posting the same stuff as others.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 01:18:55 pm »
+2
Aslong as u get a hate campaign goin, they will minus u on everything, even posting the same stuff as others.

Here, have a +

But wait, before enjoying it, you should comtemplate the possibility of happiness.

Btw Tindel, thanks for double posting, I like minusing your posts too.