Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]  (Read 183647 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]
« Reply #2235 on: May 16, 2016, 03:35:12 pm »
+1
Probably gonna skip through most of the episode if it's a Daenerys fest. Hate that bitch. Saddens me she will survive throughout the whole show/books.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #2236 on: May 16, 2016, 04:22:53 pm »
Probably gonna skip through most of the episode if it's a Daenerys fest. Hate that bitch. Saddens me she will survive throughout the whole show/books.

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #2238 on: May 16, 2016, 07:35:40 pm »
+2
I'm getting to next tier levels of fed up with this show. I'm really tired how as long as your last name isnt Stark or Baratheon things somehow magically work out in your favor. If your last name is Bolton for example every single character you run into all of a sudden becomes a complete and total retard and you can easily out manuever them, or just stab them in the face for literally 0 consequences and no one will care at all no matter how important they were. In fact, everyone around you either becomes a retard or a closet sadist who is willing to just butcher everyone for you because "lel so edgy xD". Or if your last name is Targaryen you magically get to bullshit your way out of every single situation that doesnt even make that much sense but 'lel queen of dragons xD". Why did that fire even spread so god damn fast on dirt that doesnt even make sense. It took like 1 minute for the house to burn down. Was there no guards besides those two servants outside this meeting of all these leaders who fight each other on the reg? No? No one walking down the street to see two murdered bodies just chilling next to Jorah and that other my old friend? Okay sure nah Dany wins again because she got da dragons and everyone magically likes her for no reason@

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: May 16, 2016, 07:54:07 pm »
Or if you're a butch tank lady like Brienne u get through shit too. BRB wrecking 2 of the most badass characters in the show (Stannis + The Hound).

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: May 16, 2016, 08:28:38 pm »
Game of Thrones's George RR Martin: 'I'm a feminist' - Telegraph

Yeah, not surprising.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: May 16, 2016, 08:45:32 pm »
That ending made it easy for me to decide to get rid of my hbo sub and just watch it online free from now on.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #2242 on: May 16, 2016, 08:58:32 pm »
+1
Thing is pretty much everyone I know, and read online, hates Daenerys. But I guess they have to keep her going cause dragons...

I'm really only watching for Jon Snow atm.

Even King's Landing. So much frikkin time wasted there with NOTHING happening. At least when Tyrion and Varys were there it was mildly amusing, even Tywin to an extent. Now they just have two political intrigue city storylines and one of them is utterly bland. They could cut King's Landing out at this point and it would detract nothing from the story line.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:04:56 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #2243 on: May 16, 2016, 09:00:49 pm »
I always assumed Daenerys would eventually turn into an insane tyrant, but seems like it's going to be typical fantasy trope Mary Sue all the way. Given how many other fantasy tropes the fatman has deliberately subverted it is a bit disapointing.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: May 16, 2016, 09:06:28 pm »
+3
Thinking about it, Game of Thrones is basically the Game of Women Are Bad Ass right now.

Women control Dorne with their epic cunning and elite Sand Snakes who are totes convincing as warriors.
Women control King's Landing, with three different ones being the only strong characters left there (Grandmother, Margaery, Cersei- and Margaery was shown being Super Strong and trying to comfort her brother who was crying)
Arya is training to become Super Elite Magical Ninja Assassin
Brienne somehow beats the Hound and in general skates from any consequences, is the only actual knight in the series
Daenerys is Mary Sue herself with things falling into place automagically despite having the charisma of an 8 year old overspoiled brat on a temper tantrum and none of the plot for her making any sense yet she keeps getting stuff for free
Sansa Stark now apparently controls the wildling army via Jon Snow who lost his backbone just so Sansa could dictate to him what to do.

I'm sure I'm missing some, but the show is basically about girlpower. All the "wait, what the fuck just happened" stuff makes so much more sense when you know that GRRM is a self-professed feminist.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #2245 on: May 16, 2016, 09:25:34 pm »
Thinking about it, Game of Thrones is basically the Game of Women Are Bad Ass right now.

Women control Dorne with their epic cunning and elite Sand Snakes who are totes convincing as warriors.
Women control King's Landing, with three different ones being the only strong characters left there (Grandmother, Margaery, Cersei- and Margaery was shown being Super Strong and trying to comfort her brother who was crying)
Arya is training to become Super Elite Magical Ninja Assassin
Brienne somehow beats the Hound and in general skates from any consequences, is the only actual knight in the series
Daenerys is Mary Sue herself with things falling into place automagically despite having the charisma of an 8 year old overspoiled brat on a temper tantrum and none of the plot for her making any sense yet she keeps getting stuff for free
Sansa Stark now apparently controls the wildling army via Jon Snow who lost his backbone just so Sansa could dictate to him what to do.

I'm sure I'm missing some, but the show is basically about girlpower. All the "wait, what the fuck just happened" stuff makes so much more sense when you know that GRRM is a self-professed feminist.

Yes, you're missing the utterly sexa Yara Greyjoy, dear god how hot she is and has more balls than most of her Iroborn cunts.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 16, 2016, 09:45:46 pm »
+2
Ah, yes, of course, the gurlpower of the Iron Islands. Tougher than any man, she.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #2247 on: May 16, 2016, 10:23:31 pm »
being a feminist means you believe men and women should have equal rights.  it doesn't mean you believe women are superior to men.

Xant do you hate/despise women?  You sure come across as not liking them very much.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #2248 on: May 16, 2016, 10:23:38 pm »
Yeah most of the strong willed men were killed off or are following a woman. Hope Reek makes something of himself though. Gets his real name back and is able to look people in the eyes again. I'm tired of people acting broken to have the women save them. It's annoying the other way around as well but not really happening. Although it was nice not to see Arya for an episode.

I'm surprised though the wildlings will follow him to fight a war. Bursting into castle black because he got killed and fuck up the guys that did it, sure. Castle Black had less than 50 men and it was right on their doorstep. Following him to retake winterfell and fighting a large war esp with the white walkers on the way? That seems less likely. Well guess the knights of the vale will have some competition. Wonder what littlefinger will do once he finds out about an wildling army led by sansa and jon.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #2249 on: May 16, 2016, 11:22:42 pm »
Ah but they can cover that with the Ramsey threatening the wildlings in his letter thing. He called Jon letting them through the wall a betrayel and they will all die. Including the wildlings. So they haven't given them much of a choice.