Author Topic: Nerf longspear and pike.  (Read 7505 times)

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf longspear and pike.
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2012, 04:46:53 pm »
OP seen today in EU1 walzing around with long spear, this thread just shot itself in the face.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2012, 05:08:42 pm »
This game is shit. 0 realistic. admin have all in ass -.-

I have a morbid curiosity about the 'all' of what that is in the admins' asses. Inquiring minds want to know!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Azlanek

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • The post is over to the left
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Khagataz, Azlanek
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2012, 06:15:02 pm »
I have a morbid curiosity about the 'all' of what that is in the admins' asses. Inquiring minds want to know!

Lol  :lol:

That could be even more interesting than the original topic of discussion.
The post is up there

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2012, 07:13:27 pm »
+3
OP seen today in EU1 walzing around with long spear, this thread just shot itself in the face.

How so? At the very least that suggests that he at least tried the weapons he was calling nerfs for. Which is better than the majority of this community, who merely call nerfs as and when they please based entirely upon the anger of a brief moment.

It should be a requirement that someone who calls for the reduction of something, will play said thing for a certain amount of time in order to get a bit of perspective.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:54:29 pm by Templar_Ratigan »
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2012, 09:19:48 pm »
+2
Longspears and pikes are weapons with an incredible potential if used right - though many wielders haven't found out just how yet. There's a reason these weapons have repeatedly revolutionized warfare over the course of millennia.

In cRPG they are also as irritating to go up against and get killed by as other support wings such as cav and ranged; they (cowardly :wink:) stay out of reach and strike when you are most vulnerable and usually otherwise engaged. Don't think they are that OP though, but they are truly strong if not near unbreakable in numbers with proper support. The constant 'jump backwards and stab' silliness could be executed a bit better though, I personally find that these weapons should be dropped when close quarter fighting is imminent, as they were historically.

Offline PawelDelta

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Pawlo_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Pawlo
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2012, 11:12:59 am »
Gentlemen, what this discussion? Pike and Longspear must have locked block.

Offline PawelDelta

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Pawlo_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Pawlo
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2013, 10:32:55 pm »
+3
Someone tell me how come he brought a blow? This is not real. where is the reality? .. Ehhh ...
How to kill longspear who has 245 lenght someone in advance?
Do you have a player attacks ss which is 245 longspear someone at this distance, magic attacks.

Adin why you don't locked block longspear and create realistic atack with longspear... ohhh You have so much $$$  and doing so little to us that the game was realistic.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/mb10k.png/

Sry for english.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2013, 10:48:59 pm »
The longer the weapon, the less the Warband physics can properly handle it's interaction with other objects/players...

...[longspears and pikes] are truly strong if not near unbreakable in numbers with proper support.  [But] I personally find that these weapons should be dropped when close quarter fighting is imminent, as they were historically.

^ This.
Shortened for clarity of point.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:53:24 pm by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2013, 11:36:56 pm »
BITCH! :P

i made a post about this, pikers are only good when they have other inf support. but they cannot make 'formations' themselves. the enemy just has to downblock and with that one click he can block over 9999 pikes at the same time (skillfull fighter is that :/)
the only thing pikeformations can do is backpeddle
right like you've never been surrounded by 2-3 pikers poking you to death
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2013, 11:40:22 pm »
+4
Someone tell me how come he brought a blow? This is not real. where is the reality? .. Ehhh ...
Do you have a player attacks ss which is 245 longspear someone at this distance, magic attacks.

Adin why you don't locked block longspear and create realistic atack with longspear... ohhh You have so much $$$  and doing so little to us that the game was realistic.

Sry for english.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2013, 11:44:32 pm »

Sry for english.

Its because i have magic powers and pay chadz for them
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2013, 12:01:04 am »
+1
I advise trying out the longspear, and you will see that the 245 length is deceptive. Pole stabs are maybe the shortest animation in the game. You hold the weapon in the middle and they have an effective reach that completely ignores a part of the end of the stab (it glances). Theres a portion of the stab that doesn't exist until some time after you release, so point blank you won't hit anything. If you jump back, aim to the side and have a slight delay you might hit someone up close, but you are at a severe disadvantage against anyone at this range.

They are good support weapons, but personally I just don't really like them. 1 attack direction makes you very predictable and vulnerable. You can't clutch the same as with any other weapon. If you see a long spear in a team fight then you should focus target him early on and put pressure on him. You will either force him back or at least keep him busy so he doesn't hurt your team mates. Just don't overextend and focus him too much, you just want to remove the threat. They are especially weak if you 2v1 him or more. You should know before going into a team fight if theres a pike or long spear you have to contend with, and decide if you fight then or not. You don't have to fight just because both teams have players there, you can always fall back and re group or fight where it benefits the team more. Thats just how I see it, don't let a long spear or pike dictate the fight but try not to overextend too. Maybe some others have better advice

Some players do very well solo with a long spear or pike, but generally they are just doing well despite the flaws of the weapon. Give them any other weapon and they will probably do even better
If you have ranged troubles use this: