Poll

Sounds good?

Yes
66 (93%)
No
5 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: March 20, 2013, 07:22:03 pm

Author Topic: Duel trainers  (Read 2016 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Duel trainers
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 03:56:48 am »
+3
Would it be possible to provide damage dealt/ speed bonus for these bots? That would be great.  Timing for chambers is slightly different online, so it would be convenient.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 07:13:18 am »
+3
I'm not the best player but I enjoy helping new players on the duel server get a grasp for the game.  It's really only coincidental that a few of them end up in my clan, honestly.  Teaching them the basics of how to block general consists of setting up a pattern of swings and having them block it until they die several times.  You start with slow swings and eventually they'll have the grasp and be blocking full speed swings.

If only more people did this, I feel like part of the reason this community is failing to grow is the lack of friendly players to help out any new people, as it is a relatively difficult game concept to understand and when I started playing I had no guidance at all.  I taught myself the ropes for the longest time until Allers and MAD KING JOSEPH came along to give me a hand (of course by then I had been playing for quite a few months).

To sum it all up, the community can't grow because everyone is butt-hurt angry mad bad nerds who refuse to help new players and instead call them names and ruin the general opinion of the mod for people who don't play the game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 09:57:30 pm »
+2
So I was playing on Eu 3 today and agreed on helping two cRPG noobies who, both of them had gotten the game this very week, and decided to jump onto cRPG from the very start of their cRPG carreer. I tried to do some block training with them, but sadly I had to go. So the thought struck my mind, what about adding 'Trainer bots' to the duel servers, like they've done on Ndation? It could be really useful to train your block on a bot, using your cRPG stats instead of fighting actual players who constantly (mostly ) spams feint making it hard for new players to learn blocking. Could also be a nice way for veterans to train chambers. Perhaps adding bots with different kinds of weapons, and make it so that you can't kill them, and they can't kill you, just like the Ndation training bots.

Any extra suggestions?

Well yeah this could work for the most basic stuff, so its great for blocking/attacking. If they also had this opportunity, before they got trained by you, u could teach em more complicated stuff, which would help alot more.

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 01:53:45 am »
Would it be possible to provide damage dealt/ speed bonus for these bots? That would be great.  Timing for chambers is slightly different online, so it would be convenient.
I would love to see a lag bot that has more jerky movements and will simulate a skilled player on the wrong server.
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Abay

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: badbreaking
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Abay
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 02:27:30 am »
Good idea  :wink:
[17:48] <Vovka> thx chadz

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 02:42:56 am »
+2
lol, how could it take more then 2 years until someone came up with this idea :rolleyes:?

+1

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 09:05:20 am »
lol, how could it take more then 2 years until someone came up with this idea :rolleyes:?
It didn't. The previous threads about this is still somewhere in the depths of the forum.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 11:44:37 am »
+1
It didn't. The previous threads about this is still somewhere in the depths of the forum.

how could I miss them :P?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 11:48:10 am »
+3
how could I miss them :P?
Maybe, Mr. NuberT, it is because you are a nub? :P
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 02:42:54 pm »
+1
This could be a fantastic addition, no more will new players become frustrated with cRPG being too hard and no longer will people have indefinite opinions; settle who does more damage on the bots!

Sorry if these have been said but I didn't have enough time to read the posts.  :(

I think these could make worthy additions
Various difficulties of bots with differing items
Ranged targets
Bots with different strategies (classifications of bots; heavy cavalry, light archer etc.); eg. moving bots, feinting bots, blocking, chambering?, shield users, ranged users, cavalry, differing armors
Reports on damage dealt with damage, speed bonus, armor reduction, possibly state possible damage that could have been dealt through random elements (if applicable, sorry but I know very little about how damage is calculated to be honest haha)
Bots that do no damage nor deal damage
Ability to cancel duel at any time
I know this one will probably be frowned upon but maybe grant a gold/xp gain for combat against bots? Being an Australian I get very frustrated at having to play on an NA server to gain gold/xp due to the fact that people are very often simply not on cRPG!
Possibly have a few basic "classes" that could be loaded to test different builds quickly, with the ability to check their stats and items (possibly like the native class selection and the cRPG "c" key stat menu?)
Possibly custom appearance for bots to take your anger out on a bot-version of someone ;)

« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:29:23 am by Shaksie »
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Daniisme

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 03:05:08 pm »
Good idea, even better than playing in the SP training just due to simple reason: Getting used to your ping if you're a newbiew and that's an important thing so epic idea koniu>>>>

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 10:12:32 pm »
+1
i love beating up the trainer untill he is all red :P

Sadly that's how I pre-maturely ended my footballcareer.

Great idea, +1.
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 12:20:09 am »
+1
id love to see the rage from some of the players when they cant beat the champion :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 10:01:04 am »
+4
So nothing have happened, this is kind of a revival bump because I still think it would be a good idea to implement this too the duel server.

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2014, 12:20:37 am »
Good idea. +1

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."