Author Topic: So, is Horse Archery Skill really Balanced?  (Read 17339 times)

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: So, is Horse Archery Skill really Balanced?
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 02:38:47 pm »
Useless class, people who play HA should uninstall this game.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2012, 03:01:10 pm »
+2
Useless class, people who play HA should uninstall this game.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 03:16:00 pm »
Im up for any form of HA buff, this class has suffered  nerfs after nerfs which werent even justified.

Nerfing a class just because a minority of players are doing great at it is stupid. (and it made me and many people rage quit Horse archery when the last patch reduced HA skill effectivness).

He said he has 5 PD.

EDIT: i would totally go back horse archery if it was returned to its old state (before the last patchs-nerfs)

bring back old HA and old lancing,  two classes that balanced eachother out splendidly!!!^^1121one
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2012, 04:20:39 pm »
how come black_corsair_RS  does not complain? he always seems to shoot me on high speed and pretty accurate and pretty painfuly.
Yeah if he starts complaining i would feel sorry for him...fully looms and lvl 33+ HA and still ineffective, that would suprise me.
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2012, 04:24:51 pm »
the point is HA doesnt have any real counter, if you make it in any way more powerful or effective you will just shorten the average lifespan of HA victims

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2012, 04:29:49 pm »
the point is HA doesnt have any real counter, if you make it in any way more powerful or effective you will just shorten the average lifespan of HA victims

HA do have a counter, its called having a brain and knowing how to teamplay, especially with your teamates archers.
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2012, 04:33:19 pm »
Precisely why I've pretty much stopped playing crpg. HA nerf just made it useless. And along with nerfs for other classes I got tired of it.

I'd personally love to see the lance angle nerf and HA nerf reversed. They were never actually needed. Only reason HA's got even considered OP was because someone made a rage thread and then everyone went to try HA for a week or two and suddenly the servers were flooded with them and a few weeks later NERF.

HA is horrendously underpowered and the blind hate of some people here is just saddening. I hate 2h, Warbows and HX but I wouldn't kick up a fuss if those were badly nerfed to UP and someone suggested rebuffing them. Fact is some people like playing HA. We enjoy it and don't appreciate our build being screwed over just because of a few ragers.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:46:03 pm by Overdriven »

Offline buba

• Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 33
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Buba_theVagabond
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2012, 04:33:37 pm »
No counter? anyone that can throw a stick is a counter.
Really so for the 24/15 build your HP is so low, and with speed bonus you can get one shotted quite often.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2012, 04:35:11 pm »
+1
HA do have a counter, its called having a brain and knowing how to teamplay, especially with your teamates archers.

yeah try that with randomers...and no brain in world can help me when two HAs make up their mind to kill me, even if single one focuses me there is not much i can do, please collaborate on how "having a brain and knowing how to teamplay" helps? there are maps on which all the teamplay in the world cannot save you, as there are literally NO hiding spots, like that desert map with some small dunes

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2012, 04:39:43 pm »
yeah try that with randomers...and no brain in world can help me when two HAs make up their mind to kill me, even if single one focuses me there is not much i can do, please collaborate on how "having a brain and knowing how to teamplay" helps? there are maps on which all the teamplay in the world cannot save you, as there are literally NO hiding spots, like that desert map with some small dunes

It's not even teamplay. Just by swerving from side to side you can waste all an HA's arrows. Ffs you can stop an HA with a tree. A TREE. It's not complex and it's easy to combat HA. Just people have one mind to hunt the enemy and they don't pay attention to anything around them. And you think you should survive a 2 vs 1 situation why? Just stay near your ranged and if they have a remote amount of sense they will shoot at the HA on maps like that.

Courser is a really bad choice for a horse archer, even if you have 5 Horse Archery. You actually WANT slower horses as they affect the reticule much less. Steppe, Desert, Arabian, or any of the armored horses are perfect.

Courser is a great choice. Those horses will be shot to death. Courser is fast and durable. You can slow down to shoot if needed and the extra speed means you can keep up with/out run other cav. If you are a cav hunting HA like I usually am then it's the best horse possible. Mind you it does get out performed on more technical maps. Turning rate is not great and the acceleration compared to Arabian is poor so Arabian will out run you if you have to change speeds lots. But on an open map there is nothing better than a courser.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2012, 04:42:12 pm »
+1
It's not even teamplay. Just by swerving from side to side you can waste all an HA's arrows. Ffs you can stop an HA with a tree. A TREE. It's not complex and it's easy to combat HA. Just people have one mind to hunt the enemy and they don't pay attention to anything around them.

Courser is a great choice. Those horses will be shot to death. Courser is fast and durable. You can slow down to shoot if needed and the extra speed means you can keep up with/out run other cav. If you are a cav hunting HA like I usually am then it's the best horse possible. Mind you it does get out performed on more technical maps. Turning rate is not great and the acceleration compared to Arabian is poor so Arabian will out run you if you have to change speeds lots. But on an open map there is nothing better than a courser.

i have 7 ath and i cannot dodge to Cris or Corsair, they seem to hit with every arrow, moving side to side also makes you quite vulnerable to couches and bumps from enemies, and once you are bumped you are free targt, using a tree as argument to defend that HA are not deadly accurate and hurtful like shit? come on...

not to speak, if i go low armor, i got two or threeshotted, not to speak of bump damage, if i wear heavier, i survive three or four, but i am not able to dodge due to speed limitation off armor weight, so, what now?

and yes, i can survive even 3v1 or 4v1 if i actually get to play a little and not get shot to pieces, not saying i should, but its very likely possible (except if any of the enemies is HA/HX)

Oh and did i mention the fact unless you play hoplite even shield is useless against HA? Oh sure, i forgot. He rides on you, if you uncover yourself, you get shot, if you dont, you get bumped and shot, so, yeah, not OPed at all.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:47:06 pm by Cepeshi »

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2012, 04:48:08 pm »
there are maps on which all the teamplay in the world cannot save you, as there are literally NO hiding spots, like that desert map with some small dunes
Works both ways, On city/ town maps we are pretty useless.

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2012, 04:49:07 pm »
Ah you guys keep suprising me, basically what you said was: LOLWHAT HOW CAN A HA KILL ME IN A OPEN MAP, IM MELEE IM SUPPOSED TO BE INVISIBLE IN ANY SITUATION
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2012, 04:49:46 pm »
Ah you guys keep suprising me, basically what you said was: LOLWHAT HOW CAN A HA KILL ME IN A OPEN MAP, IM MELEE IM SUPPOSED TO BE INVISIBLE IN ANY SITUATION

as usual no argument to come back with so you just mock me, gg man, gg

Works both ways, On city/ town maps we are pretty useless.

not really, you are accurate the same on foot as on horse, if not more, if someone has it easy teamplaying then its archer, stick to guy with spear and few shielders and close range pew pew can commense (i do have archer alt)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2012, 04:52:17 pm »
i have 7 ath and i cannot dodge to Cris or Corsair, they seem to hit with every arrow, moving side to side also makes you quite vulnerable to couches and bumps from enemies, and once you are bumped you are free targt, using a tree as argument to defend that HA are not deadly accurate and hurtful like shit? come on...

not to speak, if i go low armor, i got two or threeshotted, not to speak of bump damage, if i wear heavier, i survive three or four, but i am not able to dodge due to speed limitation off armor weight, so, what now?

and yes, i can survive even 3v1 or 4v1 if i actually get to play a little and not get shot to pieces, not saying i should, but its very likely possible (except if any of the enemies is HA/HX)

Oh and did i mention the fact unless you play hoplite even shield is useless against HA? Oh sure, i forgot. He rides on you, if you uncover yourself, you get shot, if you dont, you get bumped and shot, so, yeah, not OPed at all.

A tree is a worst case scenario. Fact is it's used if you are caught out on your own and you need a way to survive. But it was an example of how plenty of things can be used to block arrows. You can dodge easily with heavier armour. I've seen plenty of people do it. Spin around all over the place makes them pretty hard to shoot. Sure you may hit an arrow or two but it's not worth the effort and it's dangerous for an HA to hang around one target to long so if you start doing that there's a good chance the HA will move on.

Regardless, when it got to the point where I was getting more kills with my horse than with my bow I decided to start playing other classes more. That's how UP the bow is.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:59:08 pm by Overdriven »