Author Topic: Nerf shield effective area!  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
Nerf shield effective area!
« on: December 06, 2012, 02:57:33 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: Nerf shield effective area!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 04:17:29 pm »
+10
than why do i get shot in leg while using mw heavy kite shield with 7 shield skill while standing in shieldwall with 7 bonus thingy?  yes yess nerff it even more
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 04:29:17 pm »
+10
The force field is shit unless you go all out kinngrimm. With 6 shield skill I often get shot by ranged I'm facing.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Angellore

• Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 04:52:28 pm »
+5
Well, like 2 or 3 months ago I thought removing shield forcefield was a good idea.
But the problem was, I never played shielder for longer time, it was class I never really tried, I just checked it, that's all.
Right now, when I started to play shielder with my alt, I changed my opinion about shielders, and there is good reason for that.

You can't take shielder as single class and "balance" it just like that. You have to remember it's one of melee classes. On the other side is of course 2h/pole.
So let's compare 2h to shielder:
Weapon length: 2h is better here
Weapon speed: 2h (without shield in hand 1h is faster, but with shield it's completely different story)
Blocking reaction time, attacking after block: 2h
Blocking easiness: shielder (don't need to choose direction of a block, but still need to watch out for side hits through shield)
Speed of movement: 2h (shielder need to carry additional weight)
Weapon damage: 2h
Blocking multiple opponents same time: shielder
Blocking arrows/bolts: shielder (with 5 shield skill, I still can get hit by ranged, so forcefield isn't unbeatable)
Avoiding arrows/bolts: 2h

In all crutial things, in my opinion 2h is much better than shielder. Shielder has just few advantages, and one of them is possible because of forcefield. If you remove it, it will be easier for ranged to kill shielder than 2h! Why? Because shielder can't avoid arrows/bolts effectively. It's basically standing target, covered only by his shield. If you remove forcefield, every ranged will just aim shielders legs or head, which isn't that hard. It's even possible now, but much harder thanks to forcefield.

I really like my alt shielder, but I think it has plenty of disadvantages comparing to 2h, especially since devs nerfed melee thrusts/overhead attacks. I think it nerfed shielders hardest of all, thrust is now almost useless (too risky), overhead is risky as well, left swing is short, right swing is slow. You don't have many options here as shielder.

I don't think shielder is weak class, not at all. I also don't say shielder is hard to play class. I just think 2h is so much better class in crpg, too good in fact. Nerfing shielders in any way would be like death penalty for this class. Even now it don't have many advantages over 2h, taking some of them would be just stupidity.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 05:35:55 pm »
+8
When on foot the forcefield is mostly fine.

When on horse... now that's a completely different story.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 05:40:17 pm »
+3
There is no such thing as a shield forcefield, except on horse, but even then if you block with a weapon it's actually worse.

Try to hit a shielder from behind. Except if you lag, you will always hit. Try to hit anyone blocking with a weapon from behind. If your weapon connects with their block it won't work, despite yourself being behind them. Shields work in a weird way because them blocking or not depends very little on what the attacker is actually doing, but rather on his relative position to the shielder. Imagine you get on the right side of a shielder and do a right to left swing. If you are facing the side of the shielder (aka not in the angle covered by the shield), it will hit, despite your weapon going literally though the shield.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 06:34:15 pm »
+1
shieldforcefield has been nerfed bigtime already a few weeks ago, you are a tad late mate ;)

Tested it on different shields at start of this strat to see what shield we should get that gives bets cover, there was at lest a 120 degrees forcefield from the front, and even if aiming very high or low you never got shot in the foot or head.

Tried again last week or so, aiming down = headshot, aiming up = feet/ body shot   (note, i got 7 shieldskill)

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 06:44:18 pm »
+1
This must be done, you know what i'm talking about. You sneak up on a archer-my old friendcher, shield is up, you want to interrupt his aim and BOOF you somehow magically get shooted... Or you're an shielder and see a pike agiwhore approaching, you block him and want to attack for the knee and BOOF hit twice in a row....

true story
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 07:03:36 pm »
Shields should be as efficient as they look, but I doupt the forcefield bs will ever be fixed. Somehow realism isn't more important than... well, there's no reason for forcefields.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 07:23:13 pm »
+4
This must be done, you know what i'm talking about. You sneak up on a shielder-spammer, lock and load ans swing and BOOF you somehow magically get blocked... Or you're an archer and see a rondel dagger+bucker agiwhore approaching, aim for the knee and BOOF blocked...

Why?
-More balanced
-More realistic
-More fun
-Shielding actually would need skill

Die in fire,or in some other horrible way.

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 08:46:00 pm »
1H has ridicule right swing bonus and arab sword is way longer in the end than longsword and reaction time is indiffrent because shielder can counterratack even a katana, and pole users get spammed to death. 1H is OP. Not saying that 2h isn't...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:52:29 pm by Tigero »

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 09:10:02 pm »
+6
1H has ridicule right swing bonus and arab sword is way longer in the end than longsword and reaction time is indiffrent because shielder can counterratack even a katana, and pole users get spammed to death. 1H is OP. Not saying that 2h isn't...

lulz

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 09:31:19 pm »
+1
Force-field shields eat up arrows on horseback, but I always felt that manually blocking a melee weapon gave more of a force-field effect from horse than a shield did.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 09:34:10 pm »
+2
1H has ridicule right swing bonus and arab sword is way longer in the end than longsword and reaction time is indiffrent because shielder can counterattack even a katana, and pole users get spammed to death. 1H is OP. Not saying that 2h isn't...
HUH 1h is op now? when did this happen this is the 2nd time i heard this lol

and so what if the weapon has longer reach,here remember this this knowledge is golden
(click to show/hide)
pole users get spammed? you need to use more footwork then im a pole arm this gen and i rarely get spammed by anyone they have it rough though i admit.they have the shortest animations of the game and due to the excessive length of their weapons they get huge ATH nerf(length of weapons slow your character down) if you learn how to manouver with the weapons they are quite devastating

even then 1h is easy to block when fighting them but for some reason most people cant block the overhead of it(it tricks there eyes or something) you can just walk into there attacks and half the time they glance(its a HUGE con of 1h)and the GLORIOUS thing about polarms is that there animations let you hit people in there sides if you maneuver right angle if you are at a higher angle the right maneuver you can jump over peoples blocks and hit them in the heads with it its fucken hilarious i never mastered it with any other class

fuck nerfs,fuck buffs,fuck stuff being op literally EVERYTHING in this game has been nerfed at some time or another all it does is fuck up the balance

learn to use foot work,learn to block, feint and hold and you will fuck anyone up with anything you will be "OP"

nerfs dont help trust me

and like people said manual blocks have more force field then shield why?because shield has been nerfed repeatedly......
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 09:45:56 pm »
I'd like to see the force field get removed, but only if they added a way so u could move ur shield. As it is right now u can basically only move it up or down and u have to turn ur whole body to the side if u want to block that way.
Pock gobblers