Author Topic: Native vs cRPG  (Read 9305 times)

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
Re: Native vs cRPG
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2012, 08:16:47 pm »
+2
I'd love to see someone saying that checkers are way more competitive than chess because all the figures in checkers are equal while chess are all about this stupid variety that dumbs up the game.
Thats a stupid analogy.
Both teams in chess have the same pieces, while in c-rpg there are many different "pieces" on both teams.
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2012, 08:17:56 pm »
Why another one of these threads  :D

Obvious native is gonna be hated on in cRPG forums and vice versa.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:23:47 pm by Cyber »

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2012, 08:20:32 pm »
Why another one of these threads  :D

Obvious native is gonna be hated on in cRPG forums and vice versa.
It started about "op" block mechanics, but somehow native got involved.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2012, 09:15:20 pm »
+2
I'd love to see someone saying that checkers are way more competitive than chess because all the figures in checkers are equal while chess are all about this stupid variety that dumbs up the game.
In chess everyone still has the same bricks, and the bricks start at the same spots, and regardless of how long you play chess you'll never get a real unfair advantage against your opponent, if you play chess for three straight years and your opponent has only played for one day it doesn't mean all your bricks besides the king becomes queens.

Native is more competitive than c-rpg, but fuck that, c-rpg is a lot more fun.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2012, 09:18:56 pm »
+1
it depends how you organise :P I know Internal templar tournaments are STF only no looms which is pretty fun :) Like native but you can pick your equip and build
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2012, 12:07:16 am »
It's been also "proven" long ago that cRPG is 527% better than Native, if you know what I mean.

Well I don't really have any proof except for the fact that everyone has unique classes, which is enough proof in itself.

It's kind of difficult to prove a personal opinion though.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: What's with blocking?
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2012, 12:19:04 am »
Don't ever try to prove Cmp, Paul or Espu wrong about Warband, cause they are not.

Dont' try to prove them wrong/question them about the raw data.  How they interpret the data is not always right  :twisted:

cRPG is way better than native btw (both game play and stats of equipment).  Native is a joke when you can't reliably ride a horse in a non-predictable manner, across two hills and a valley without one archer being able to pick you off.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
Re: What's with blocking?
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2012, 12:28:10 am »
+3
Native is a joke when you can't reliably ride a horse in a non-predictable manner, across two hills and a valley without one archer being able to pick you off.

But that's just your player skill, I'm more than capable of doing that.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2012, 04:26:42 pm »
I've rarely been on a server on native where more than three people can block consistently and I top the charts more often. cRPG just has the customization and sense of progression but native has trumped it in the fun factor from time to time (when I want to rack up kills with less effort).

They both have their merits but both cause me to quit when something ridiculous starts happening that saps the enjoyment of the moment.
And how!

Offline Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanburg

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bebbanburg
  • Game nicks: Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanburg / _III_Archerson
  • IRC nick: Uhtred
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2012, 04:38:31 pm »
+1
What the F*** is this "native"?!!??!!?11ONE11011ELEVEN11ONE101!?!
Is it some kind of religion?
If yes..
chadz is the only true God!
I am Uhtred of Bebbanburg and I'm a Tin Can.
What's Your Game?

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2012, 04:59:59 pm »
+1
Everybody talks about this "native skill being awful only at a few select servers"

Well think it like this. IG_Battlegrounds is our EU1 and Wolfpack Siege and ZHG Siege is our EU2? Nditions is our EU3????? Not all of these random servers like ZHG_TDM where the playerskill is mostly below decent.

I like the way cRPG has gone, but that's because it's a mod, it needs official servers to work while native doesn't, (even though I'd love for that to happen)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2012, 01:02:26 am »
yeaaah so this thread has devolved into the old crpg guys who've played 2 hours of native calling archers OP ...

hey guys, native archers aren't OP, but w/e ...

honestly, you guys should stop trying to comment against me and shema on the whole native vs CRPG argument, i've played over 1000 hours of both games & i would imagine shema is the same ... most of you have played 37 minutes of native and 4000 hours of CRPG :/

the only point i had in this entire argument was not that CRPG is bad because i like CRPG, i'd just like the gameplay to be faster :) :)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2012, 01:26:24 am »
+1
hey guys, native archers aren't OP, but w/e ...
They are, but, they're still WAY more fun to play against than c-rpgs my old friendchers because archers in native don't kite, if I dodge 100 arrows or my old friend out with a shield and somehow manage to reach native archers they'll pull out their sidearm in a gentlemanly manor and fight me, in c-rpg they'll pull out their 0 slot hammer if they need to make a block first, if not, then they'll run instantly... ...archery was ten times better implemented in native than c-rpg, it's one of the few things native does better.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2012, 03:34:09 am »
+2
the only point i had in this entire argument was not that CRPG is bad because i like CRPG, i'd just like the gameplay to be faster :) :)

Need faster gameplay? Here you go:

Strength: 6
Agility: 33
Hit points: 41
Skills to attributes: 8
Power Strike: 2
Athletics: 11
Weapon Master: 10
Polearm: 190

In all seriousness though, grab yourself a spear and that build is hilariously fun.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2012, 04:47:48 am »
+4
They are, but, they're still WAY more fun to play against than c-rpgs my old friendchers because archers in native don't kite, if I dodge 100 arrows or my old friend out with a shield and somehow manage to reach native archers they'll pull out their sidearm in a gentlemanly manor and fight me, in c-rpg they'll pull out their 0 slot hammer if they need to make a block first, if not, then they'll run instantly... ...archery was ten times better implemented in native than c-rpg, it's one of the few things native does better.

Yes, they balanced it a bit out by giving the ranged players decent (not very good) melee weapons with a bit of wpf and ps, but most importantly, they gave infantry more athletics than ranged, making them able to catch them. That throwing is extremely potent and easy to get in native, definitely discourages kiting as well. Javs are relatively cheap, come in stacks of 5 and have high missile speed. If the archers doesn't get a shield dropped by allied infantry or loot from the ground, javs counters them quite nicely.

Problem with cRPG is you can make your own builds, and why wouldn't archers stack athletics and kite infantry? Deadlier than using a sidearm, for sure.

(click to show/hide)

Probably played even more than you, sair. Ranged is op in native, no hiding from that fact. I even abused that to the max when I was playing))
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.