Author Topic: World Of Tanks  (Read 58127 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: World Of Tanks
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2013, 01:22:16 am »
Aye, how does the tier system work? And do I get higher up by just playing random matches?
Uh, the tiers are just for tanks. You start with a tier1 tank, then go up the tech tree, unlocking higher tier tanks.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2013, 01:28:10 am »
Uh, the tiers are just for tanks. You start with a tier1 tank, then go up the tech tree, unlocking higher tier tanks.
Ah I see, facepalm moment.  :lol:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2013, 03:17:56 am »
+3
Let me explain in short form.

Basics

Always check your map there can be an opportunity anytime. Do not try to be a rambo. I mean dont rush in front of everyone and trying to shoot anybody you can see. Use buildings/stones against arty. When i started the game IS-7 was the best tank to learn the game. Its a heavy with good armor, gun and mobility. The only bad part was the aim on that damn gun but it can teach you how to aim better. If you cant penetrate a tank and if it makes you mad search on youtube ''Weakspots NameOfTheTank''

Heavy Tanks

Heavies are the main combat tanks. You will take damage while dealing some. Some of them are slow. It means good for defense, holding a flank or sniping. Some of them are fast. It means you will be the one who pushes a lane.  You have to be carefull against arty(SPG) while playing with it.

(click to show/hide)

Medium Tanks

All of them are faster than heavies. You can be a fighter. It means flank master. You need to find a way to get behind the enemy tanks. If there is a lot of arty(SPG) in match you will be mostly support. It means you will spot then hide and arty will finish the job. Do not try to play like a heavy cause you are using your speed instead of armor.

(click to show/hide)

Light Tanks

I prefer to call them ''Little Bastards''. You are not a combat tank. You are the eyes and ears of the team. Do not stop in a single point more than 5seconds or you will be dead. You dont have armor neither a decent gun. All you have to do is ''Spot the enemy and hide- Let the arty work'' Sometimes you will find an empty flank to rush directly to enemy arties. If you can spot/kill the enemy arties. Your team will be really happy.

(click to show/hide)

Tank Destroyers

Best tanks for an ambush. Tank Destroyers are usefull mostly in defense. You can hide in a corner and when the enemy comes ''Suprise buttsex'' Some of them are fast, you can rush with them but tank destroyers are the primary target for arties cause you have the highest damage potential. Most of them dont have a turret so dont let someone get behind you.

(click to show/hide)

SPG(Arty)

Lets see, arties are like archers in cRPG. You will sit in base and will be able to shoot whole map when you get tier5-6. Your priority will be like this, Enemy arty>Tank Destroyers>Heavies>Mediums>Lights. Of course it can change ingame.

(click to show/hide)

Edit: My ingame name is ''Judie'' Its the name of a gamer girl ( :twisted:). I couldnt pick Kirman  :(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:55:10 am by Xside »

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2013, 04:18:37 am »
+2
That's just the general idea. Don't take that for granted. For example, British tier V light tank - Crusader - has great DPS potential, with its very fast firing gun, making it perfect for wrecking shit from behind or flanks, coupled with its good mobility.

A better description would be one of the different nations.

Brits, for example, seem to have mainly tanks with precise, fast firing guns with somewhat lower damage than others (but still a high DPS). Their heavies are slow, but with a ton of hitpoints. Their light/medium tree has generally fast tanks, good for flanking.

Germans heavies/mediums seem to average on pretty much everything - average damage, with average penetration and firerate, average armour, decent precision, average mobility. This makes them rather flexible, but lacking in certain strengths. Their TDs have absolutely great precision and very good penetration, whilst also being heavily armoured from the front.

Russian heavies can be very heavily armoured and with sloped armour too, whilst having super slow, rather inprecise but extremely hard hitting guns. There is a faster, slightly less armoured tree and a slower, more heavily armoured path for these tanks. Their mediums have good mobility, decent guns but poor armour. Their TDs tend to have the hardest hitting guns of all TDs.

American mediums have good mobility, decent armour and fast, but not hard hitting guns (though slower than british guns). There is also a new tree with mediums that have autoloader guns - these do extreme burst damage, but have a long reload time between bursts (i so want these). Their heavies differ from tier to tier - tier5 and 6 heavies are mobile, with relatively fast guns, great for pushing an assault. Tier7 and above heavies are rather slow, large, but very heavily armoured (especially the turrets) and with a powerful gun. Their TDs have two branches - one with less heavily armoured TDs, that have turrets, and a more heavily armoured turretless (at least above tier6) TD branch. Guns are relatively average and the same in both branches.

Can't tell much about chinese or french trees. Chinese seem to have a very similar heavy tank line to russians, with perhaps different guns and an interesting light tank line, but i'm yet to get above tier4 in their tree. Gotten just as far with the french - they seem to have totally great light tanks, when you want to scout, whilst dealing some damage as well. Their heavies have autoloader guns at higher tiers (meaning high burst damage) but seem to be poorly armored - basically glass cannons.

Oh, and another thing - the actual division between light, medium and heavy tanks only really starts at Tier 5. Anything below that is just tanks - somewhere between light and medium. Tier5 is where the tanks-proper begin.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:24:26 am by [ptx] »

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2013, 12:12:18 pm »
Also, funny encounter yesterday - was playing with my Crusader. See a T-34, shoot it in the sides, it catches fire. Let it roast for a bit, it goes down to ~200. Go out, hit it again... it caught fire a second time...

First time i genuinely felt sorry for an enemy :lol:

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2013, 12:14:56 pm »
 was he immobilized? Or did the commander not notice the threat coming from his sides, otherwise he wouldve surely turned his frontal armor toward you, right? Just trying to get some insight in tactics here.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2013, 12:15:58 pm »
was he immobilized? Or did the commander not notice the threat coming from his sides, otherwise he wouldve surely turned his frontal armor toward you, right? Just trying to get some insight in tactics here.
Naw, it was in a map with a town, he was maneuvering around a building's corner, poorly.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2013, 12:23:13 pm »
Naw, it was in a map with a town, he was maneuvering around a building's corner, poorly.
smack dat soviet!

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2013, 06:34:07 pm »
The moment when you get a killshot on a KV with the Bison..

Muhahaha  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2013, 08:02:52 pm »
that feeling when you almost oneshot t 28 prototype with hummel :)
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2013, 10:03:22 pm »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2013, 10:26:18 pm »
lol. Airmaus  :)

Got my Sturmpanzer II, and had a few nice moments so far, managed to hit and kill a lot of moving targets now, especially because of the travel timer I downloaded. Awesome tool, I'll recommend it once more, DAR artillery sight. A must.

Can't wait to get to the real deal, Hummel.

(I played the game back during the beta and got to like tier 7 or something, but I had to start again from scratch for some reason. Yes, I played after release and earned some tanks but those disappeared too o.O)

PS: I had an idea about levelling my crew up on one SPG up to 100%. How much is the penalty if I retrain them for another SPG?
If it's only like 5-10% this would be worth doing, because by the time you unlock everything you are back at 100% in theory.

Am I correct?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:31:58 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2013, 10:35:06 pm »
Depends on training level - spending 20k to retrain to another vehicle of same class from 100% = 90%.

And, yeah, it's worth keeping to experienced crew and getting them to 100% and then skilling them up.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2013, 12:17:33 pm »
The feeling when you have no idea what the others are talking about..  8-)
Trying to find free time, I want to blow shit up!   :evil:

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2013, 09:36:35 pm »
+1

Done with a stock Tiger (except for the basic 88mm gun from the tier7 VK tank). That's eight kills, of mostly tanks of my own tier using a gun with only 132 penetration whilst leading the charge :)